It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stichin Hoax

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Science is young and hardly understands the universe. Do you ever think there could be another Einstein? There is one but he doesn't work with the mainstream science. Gee, I wonder why.

Science is not young. FAIL.
Hardly understands the universe. TRUE.
Another Einstein? TRUE.

So here are a bunch of statements and my answers.

This has no effect at all on the OP.

Science is young. mainstream science states that teleportation or laser weapons can't be done, but they are being done. Hell, even invisibility or a cloaking device is being made at duke university.

Science hasn't yet in my eyes hit the tip of the ice berg. Wake me when we can make a wormhole.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

LOL it is archeology son!

Science is young and hardly understands the universe. Do you ever think there could be another Einstein? There is one but he doesn't work with the mainstream science. Gee, I wonder why.

I am sorry but I fail to see how any of that applies to what I said ? Yes , I know that part of it is archeology , dad ?

There is also the study of ancient text and language as well as astronomy , just to mention a few . To my knowledge none of these sciences have produced any collaborating evidence ?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Max_TO]

So you don't believe a bunch of "ancient" people knew that the solar system? Oh, wait I know what you are referring to is and that is Nibiru ..err Nbiru. But hey go search up the Vedas manuscripts and tell me ancient man didn't know what they were talking about.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
So you don't believe a bunch of "ancient" people knew that the solar system? Oh, wait I know what you are referring to is and that is Nibiru ..err Nbiru. But hey go search up the Vedas manuscripts and tell me ancient man didn't know what they were talking about.

Once again I am at a lose for words .

Can you please clarify for me , just what is it you are saying about zakaria sitchin ?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

nevermind if you don't understand English, then you have no hope. I have understood worse English on here and understood them quite well.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Science is not young. It is a mature method of understanding the world around us. There will always be new ideas to explore. That does not make science young or old.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Give us an example. I don't want to hear a lame accusation that I chose a less interesting part of the Vedas.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
In addition to writing, the Sumerians should also be credited with the
invention of printing. They used ready-made "type" of the various pictograph signs... which they used, as we use rubber stamps to impress the desired sequence of signs in the wet clay. They also invented the fore-runner of our Rotary presses, the "cylinder seal". Made of extremely hard stone.

It was a small cylinder into which the message or design... had been
engraved in reverse: (Whenever the seal was rolled on the wet clay, the imprint created a "positive" impression on the clay.

Many Sumerian and Mesopotamian... written records concerned themselves, not necessarily with the divine or spiritual, but with such daily tasks as recording crops, measuring fields, and calculating prices. No high civilization would have been possible... without a parallel advanced system in Mathematics.

Mathematics

The Sumerian System, called "sexagesimal", combined a mundane 10... with a "celestial" 6, to obtain the base figure 60. This system is in someways superior to our present one, and much superior to later Greek and Roman systems. It enabled Sumerians to divide into fractions and multiply into the million, to calculate roots or raise numbers several powers.

This was not only the first known mathematical system, but also one that gave us... the "place" concept: Just as, (in the decimal system), 2 can be 2 or 20 or 200, depending on the digits place, so could a Sumerian 2 mean 2, or 120 (2 x 60), and so on, depending on the place.

The 360 degree circle, the foot and its 12 inches, and the "dozen" as
a unit, are but a few examples of the vestiges of Sumerian Mathematics, still evident in our daily lives.

Their achievements in Astronomy, the establishment of a calendar, and similar mathematical feats will come up later.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mslag67

If I might , I would like to recommend a book that I think you might enjoy , it's called , The History and Practice of Ancient Astronomy by James Evans . If the title seems of interest do an amazon search for a brief description of the book , once again I think you may enjoy it

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

One of the best threads I've ever seen on this site, Sitchin's work is full of flaws and I've never seen all of them so cleanly put together. Thank you!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

i almost laughed myself out of my chair from tehse videos. they start off talking about pictures and paintings that sitchin mistinterpreted and everything is fine. then about 30sec before the end of teh 2nd video he starts dropping bombs about the "REAL" conspirators and the "REAL" global conspiracy for your mind.

wow dude that's just rich. dunno even what to say.

on second thought it's actually a pretty good idea. get all the suckers that believed the first story to go to your site adn start buying stuff relating to the new and improved story.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Spazzy]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Spazzy

I caught that too and was left with a similar feeling . Oh well when they list there " truth " perhaps we can debunk them as well

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Spazzy

I caught that too and was left with a similar feeling . Oh well when they list there " truth " perhaps we can debunk them as well

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I would like to know from the OP & any other critics how many Sitchin books you've read. I heard a lot of criticism about shems & orbits but that's fringe & minimal compared to the 7 volumes of Sumerian writings Sitchin presents. After all the content that is presented it explains quite a few mysteries archaeologists can't explain for s#!t. How many of Sitchin's books have you guys read because I'd like to know how you think a race of Egyptians named the Olmec (obviously black Africans) settled in Mexico, built step pyramids (in fact the largest pyramid), invented the long count callender starting in 3113 BC (which is the callendar that the Mayans used to figure the 2012 date), carved stone wheeled toys some of the ELEPHANTS, left stone 20 ton carvings of Olmec heads, small stone figurges of Olmec in helmeted space suits, worshiped the God Quetzalcoatl who was also a banished Thoth from Egypt who happened to be the Annunaki God Marduk?
It explains who built the pyramids to line up with Orions belt, who built the sames kinds of pyramids in Cambodia that line up with Orions belt, who built the sames kinds of coliseums that line up with Orions belt in New Mexico which is now looked after by Pueblo tribes.
Forget Shems that's lame, if you think of the Sumerian writings as what happened instead of allegory you get more answers than archaelogists can explain.
Here's a question for the archaelogists, how did man (Sumerians) develop language, tools, agriculture, writing, and an EXPERT education on the stars & callendars so goddamn quickly in 4000BC?
The guy who has the web site sitchiniswrong.com must be so proud because he has a better education & experience than Sitchin does. But he's mostly known for his sitchiniswrong.com, HA what an acheivement. Maybe he should read the rest of the Sumerian writings!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

That is a lot of laughable baloney piled in one place. I really can't decide which of these silly claims is the silliest. Maybe its the claim that these are the same kind of pyramid. Even a child can see that is a silly claim.

Here's a question for the archaelogists, how did man (Sumerians) develop language, tools, agriculture, writing, and an EXPERT education on the stars & callendars so goddamn quickly in 4000BC?

The answer is they didn't.

Maybe he should read the rest of the Sumerian writings!

Are you suggesting that he fabricate evidence like Sitchin did? Shame on you.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
That is a lot of laughable baloney piled in one place. I really can't decide which of these silly claims is the silliest. Maybe its the claim that these are the same kind of pyramid. Even a child can see that is a silly claim.
---------------
So you can't explain one of the things I listed. Just silly crap?
I take it you haven't read a complete Sitchin book? At all?
Expand on the "claim that these are the same kind of pyramid." Why pyramids on every continent? Coincidence? You probably think so, huh?You haven't answered anything but you sure as hell dismiss me in 3 sentences. Why did you start this thread? You've presented nothing, All you've done is cut and paste what was on sitchiniswrong.com.
Hell you can't even spell Sitchin's name correctly.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Why should I waste my time reading a Sitchin book?

Why pyramids on every continent? Coincidence? You probably think so, huh?You haven't answered anything but you sure as hell dismiss me in 3 sentences.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid]Pyramid - wikipedia[/url

A pyramid (from Greek "πυραμίς" - pyramis[1]) is a building where the outer surfaces are triangular and converge at a point.

The way some people use the word pyramid they mean a pile of rocks that tapers to the the top. That definition covers a lot of structures regardless of how dissimilar the looks and construction are.

Is it a coincidence? Obviously. It's a byproduct of using a very loose meaning.

Did I dismiss you or Sitchin's junk? Did I copy anything from sithchiniswrong?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
----------
Exactly! So you admit you start a thread you know only half of the story and that half is Sitchin is wrong .com. Well, from the proof you've given me and the way you "shut me down" (Wikipedia? Really, wikipedi) the responses I get from my questions I'd say you're about 15 yrs old.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

You don't seem to understand anything about this thread.
I didn't start this thread.
I did not quote from sitchiniswrong. I have not used the information there.

You can't seem to understand what is happening here.

Then you finish with a personal attack. Bad form there, bad form.

So you think that the pyramids are similar in any way on the different continents?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius
----------
Exactly! So you admit you start a thread you know only half of the story and that half is Sitchin is wrong .com. Well, from the proof you've given me and the way you "shut me down" (Wikipedia? Really, wikipedi) the responses I get from my questions I'd say you're about 15 yrs old.

I just think he is a VERY naive person and he has stated that he does have kids. I must be seriously being punished if a guy like him has a family of his own.

he seems alright just thinks to damn much like a friggin' robot.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Once again I see you have nothing to say about the question at hand.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join