It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stichin Hoax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix06

I figured Lloyd would not give much info since it isn't possible for a planet, let alone a planetary system to be close. There are two ways to detect a celestial object that I am aware of.
1. See it because it reflects energy or emits energy
2. See its gravitational effect on other objects

Gravity studies push out even a small planet at least some 70AU, 39AU to Pluto. Seeing it pushes out a small planet at least 300AU. A brown dwarf would have to be 1000s of AU away. Not only is it far away, but it can't enter the orbits of the known planets.

Can be there a brown dwarf near our sun? Yes. But is has to be like 1/4 of a light year away or farther.
Can it have its own planets? Sure.
Can those planets or the brown dwarf come close to the known planets. Not if it is in orbit around our sun.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sitchin is Jewish! he is part of the Zionists, and he promotes the Zionist agenda! He was a Journalist in Israel for a long time!

Wikipedia lists him under Azerbaijani Jews:

en.wikipedia.org...:Azerbaijani_Jews

If you google for 'zecharia sitchin jewish', you'll find many references!!!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

I always say the person that takes a lot of criticism for their work must be on the right track for all the hate.

Next thing you'll be telling me is that Palin is the best. You think Hitler was on the right track? You support the KKK? You believed OJ? You thought Blagojevich was railroaded? You believed Marion Barry was honest?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I always say the person that takes a lot of criticism for their work must be on the right track for all the hate.

Next thing you'll be telling me is that Palin is the best. You think Hitler was on the right track? You support the KKK? You believed OJ? You thought Blagojevich was railroaded? You believed Marion Barry was honest?

LOL

the only one I believe was innocent was Blagovich. If you know politics, then it could very well be that he was told sure you can do whatever you want with the seat, but if he got caught they would deny it.

BTW did you know the Democrats formed the KKK?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

So if we are in a binary system and we cross path with our solar sytem with a brown dwarf system then it doesn't sound far-off that it cold be a planet.

That's an impossibility. If two planetary systems "cross", then the two systems are disrupted. Bodies are not assigned to a star and have a fixed track to follow.

Good idea, but it doesn't work that way. I like your thinking. It's always good to toss out ideas and see what happens. Appreciate it.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

So if we are in a binary system and we cross path with our solar sytem with a brown dwarf system then it doesn't sound far-off that it cold be a planet.

That's an impossibility. If two planetary systems "cross", then the two systems are disrupted. Bodies are not assigned to a star and have a fixed track to follow.

Good idea, but it doesn't work that way. I like your thinking. It's always good to toss out ideas and see what happens. Appreciate it.

It isn't far-fetch as you think, but we will see if it all becomes a reality.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

NASA does not use Sitchin as a source. Ancient information on astronomical events is used.

Halley's comet is a wonderful example. Halley realized that a beautiful sight in the sky was coming by every 76 years. It was seen in 1066AD around the time of the Battle of Hastings. I think it appeared right before. What is really amazing is to see the comet in the famous Bayeaux tapestry.

Bayeaux tapestry - wikipedia
About a third of the way down we see an entry for the comet on that web page. This is not a gues that it is that particular comet. We know that the comet was Halley's because the comet is large, easily seen, and predictable.

Yes, ancient astronomical information is useful. It comes from many places. Is Sitchin's info useful. No. It does not match reality.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Are you saying that the translators were not aware of polytheistic notions when they did the translations?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Chris White makes the best "truth" videos on Youtube IMO. Good stuff.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The problem is that the planets would not remain in their current orbits. Such effects would be seen in the orbits of the planets today had such an interaction happened 3600 years ago. The fact that we see nothing tells us that nothing happened.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Are you saying that the translators were not aware of polytheistic notions when they did the translations?

They were aware but didn't like the notion of multiple gods and also they forced the change to one god. Maybe they realized they were worshiping the wrong gods and wanted to make a one god system. either way human error is at stake with the word Elohim.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

check this out

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by keops

I loved to debate that guy. he thinks his degree is what makes him right and sitchin is wrong even though I believe both have the same degree.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by keops
reply to post by DrJay1975

check this out

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

Go to Amazon.com and look up his book (Michael S. Heiser), The Facade. Click on the 5 star reviews...there are 42 of them. He reviews the book under his own name, yet in the review he acts like a random UFO believer/proponent who really enjoys the book, and gives the book 5 stars.

Does he always talk in third person, or is that just a coincidence? There are also other 5 star reviews from his "hometown" of Madison, WI. Maybe he wised up and changed his username...just not his hometown?

Anyway, whether or not Sitchin is wrong lies in the translation and transliteration of past languages, correct? Well, we all know how subjective that is, and how academia can get things wrong. We also know that the "accepted theory" is just a way of hiding things that don't fit. Don't explain the 1-5% that doesn't make sense, when we've explained the other 95+% already. Even if that 1-5% makes the 95+% invalid in every way.

Now, I'm not saying that Sitchin knows it all...he doesn't. I'm not even saying his view makes sense. I'm not a linguist, so I can't even argue with him. I've read his books, and come across things that he says, and immediately disagree with him. He can say, I see X in this tablet/stela/statue, and I can disagree with it and move on.

He does bring an interesting view of the subject of ancient aliens, and there are parts of his book that are extremely interesting to read. However, I think it is seriously flawed when arguing against anyone to say that the established scientific community thinks your ideas are bunk. They also thought the Earth was round, we couldn't fly, etc.

I say read his books for yourself and decide. If you are so worried about giving him money, well...there is an answer to that. I own his books, though, for the Earth Chronicles series. They are an interesting read.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Yog-Sothoth

If people are so worried about giving him money, you can find his books in PDF format from torrent sites.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Don't meet many Cthulians around here. Especially ones that look like an author that died in 37.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

??? What ?

Zakaria Sitchin makes many claims , none of which ( to my knowledge ) are backed by any kind of scientific study . In fact it is my belief that most people who make a career of studying the ancient world flat out disagree with Mr. Sitchin and his claims .

What I found interesting and would love some conformation on is the claim made in the second movie that I posted where it is stated that Mr. Sitichin is funded by the Rockefeller group , is that true ?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

??? What ?

Zakaria Sitchin makes many claims , none of which ( to my knowledge ) are backed by any kind of scientific study . In fact it is my belief that most people who make a career of studying the ancient world flat out disagree with Mr. Sitchin and his claims .

What I found interesting and would love some conformation on is the claim made in the second movie that I posted where it is stated that Mr. Sitichin is funded by the Rockefeller group , is that true ?

LOL it is archeology son!

Science is young and hardly understands the universe. Do you ever think there could be another Einstein? There is one but he doesn't work with the mainstream science. Gee, I wonder why.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Science is young and hardly understands the universe. Do you ever think there could be another Einstein? There is one but he doesn't work with the mainstream science. Gee, I wonder why.

Science is not young. FAIL.
Hardly understands the universe. TRUE.
Another Einstein? TRUE.

So here are a bunch of statements and my answers.

This has no effect at all on the OP.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

LOL it is archeology son!

I am sorry but I fail to see how any of that applies to what I said ? Yes , I know that part of it is archeology , dad ?

There is also the study of ancient text and language as well as astronomy , just to mention a few . To my knowledge none of these sciences have produced any collaborating evidence ?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Max_TO]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join