It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stichin Hoax

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

That is usually the reason people believe anything, friend.

It is the wise that is able to believe what they do not want.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
It is the wise that is able to believe what they do not want.

Star for you , I like that quote , its so true .

A book you might enjoy that is some what related to that comment is , Prometheus Rising
by Robert Anton Wilson .

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

What do you mean no "facts"? Only stubborn mainstream scientists believe that sitichin's theory is ludicrous. yeah, sure we evolved from an ape but where is our strength from the ape? Why isn't our arms to our knees? I believe mainstream science when they actually get things right.

The only thing I believe is the periodic table and most of Einstein's theories.

Go ahead and believe Darwinism, but even Darwin started to question his own beliefs in his 2nd book.

Also forgot to mention about Michio Kaku and he always states that Science is being rewritten. Also he states that Science fiction is becoming reality. But mainstream science called it impossible to happen? LOL

[edit on 18-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

what you don't think it is possible? Butyet scientists still trying to figure out why this system has one sun and other two to three suns or why some planets are spinning backwards!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a theory out we are in a binary system and mainstream scientists are slowly starting to believe it. Our 2nd sun is a brown dwarf.

I hate close minded naive "scientists". Hell, Einstein would of been more open to this theory then some of you people who claim to be smart.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

The orbit claimed by Sitchin is unstable. Any such planet would come back at different times. Any planet would cause motion changes in the known planets. None exists. It would have been seen in whole sky surveys.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Scientists in general know that Sitchin is wrong. It's quite obvious. His archaeological claims are subbish. He fails on physics. He fails on translations.

In reading your post you state that you believe in Einstein's theories. Then you must know that Sitchin fails on physics.

You also state that

There is a theory out we are in a binary system and mainstream scientists are slowly starting to believe it. Our 2nd sun is a brown dwarf.

The idea that we are in a binary system is not new. It's not a scientific theory. That would imply evidence. It has been proposed for a long time based on such observations as most stars are in binary systems. The brown dwarf idea is proposed since we see no other star. If something is out there, which is not denied, it is known that it must be small and far away.

Do not claim that Einstein would have been duped by the ridiculous physics claims. He would have seen through that immediately.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

BS He was way more open to a possibility that anything could be plausible especially with his E-mc2. Einstein was probably the only scientist that actually I like and look up to.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Fine. You like Einstein. Then you know he wouldn't be duped by the stupidity of the claims of Sitchin and his impossible planet.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Aren't the school holidays over yet?

OP, you've surmised the case against Sitchin very nicely even though this stuff has been reposted hundreds of times. There really is no point in trying to convince anyone on this issue, its entertaining to watch the Sitchin and Nibiru cultists get their panties in a twist whenever someone speaks hearsay of their Lord! Muahaha.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Aren't the school holidays over yet?

OP, you've surmised the case against Sitchin very nicely even though this stuff has been reposted hundreds of times. There really is no point in trying to convince anyone on this issue, its entertaining to watch the Sitchin and Nibiru cultists get their panties in a twist whenever someone speaks hearsay of their Lord! Muahaha.

Actually I just graduated college and thanks to the people who don't search up their congressmen and vote blindly. I thank you people for a job well done.

I just love this recession and it is just going to get worse, but thanks for playing!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I like this comment from one of your videos. It is so true.

Why do all the guys who sound like this think the same. I swear it is some Genetic defect. Yawn. They are mostly all named Dave. You present some good facts. No, not really this video bored the crap out of me. I come to Youtube for entertainment. Not to be bored to hell with this BS. Despite what you think about ZS. He has done more with his life than you ever will. After hearing this terrible video. I am certain of this.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

hey doctor jay why dont you write your own book with more credible sources before you spew out your mouth minimal amount of information.

hey to think of it, maybe if you had spent the amount of time that stitchen had you too could be killed for it.

sheesh sad day indeed

you really need to put the whole picture together before you tell someone that they are a fraud, seriously!!!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I've never up and replied to a thread with outright negativity before....until now. While I don't believe everything I read, I am a fan of Sitchin. (I'll say this upfront and also say that I'm not ashamed of it)

So I'm curious as to 1) what credentials you have, 2) what widely selling works YOU have published and 3) how you can honestly sit back and declare an entire theology a "hoax" when it is nothing more than your little opinion. Next time you should at least express that these are your "opinions" instead of trying to post authoritative remarks where you refuse to produce evidence of any credential value whatsoever....

......just sayin.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

No evidence. No support for one side or the other. Just a complaint.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

I know that was addressed at the OP, but I'd like to answer as well.

Originally posted by starsyren

So I'm curious as to 1) what credentials you have, 2) what widely selling works YOU have published and 3) how you can honestly sit back and declare an entire theology a "hoax" when it is nothing more than your little opinion.

......just sayin.

Ask the same question to Sitchin. What credentials does he have when it comes to translations and transliterations within the field of Assyriology? He has none. Does that not make his fictional books nothing more than his little opinion? Yes, yes it does.

.... Just sayin'.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Sitchin does have many critics, and some of his translations have been found to be off a bit...but he's the one publishing novels, getting his ideas out into the general populace FOR us to consider.

To me, it's hard NOT to respect someone who's actually taken that leap, taken the initiative to give people more interpretations on the traditional and make us think critically. I simply believe the criticism he's recieved is a bit much, taking into consideration that he's the one with a bona fide accomplishment to his name.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Sitchin is not off a bit. He's off the wacko meter scale.

I simply believe the criticism he's recieved is a bit much, taking into consideration that he's the one with a bona fide accomplishment to his name.

Bernie Madoff made people rich at first, then ruined them. We find out he did it through deceit and trickery. He pulled off the largest Ponzi scheme in history.

That's a bona fide accomplishment. He's not the number 2 or number 3 fraud artist. He's number 1. Should we appreciate his ability to defraud people and steal and ruin lives?

Sitchin makes money off of people writing fiction.

That's my view of the issue.

You also make a claim I'd like to hear about. You say he "make us think critically." Can you provide an example of how you applied critical thinking to his claims?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

Originally posted by starsyren
and make us think critically...

What?... Wow... I wholeheartedly disagree.

Sitchin is a writer of fiction. His works are therefore classified alongside Harry Potter and the Twilight series. If these works or the works of Sitchin entice critical thought, then by all means, but these works aren't byproducts of qualified and authentic research, they are the works of the imagination.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I was addressing Sitchin's assumptions based on a miss translations of ancient texts and carvings , not sure where all the ape knees and elbow stuff came from ?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Does it matter....I expressed a viewpoint against a viewpoint, which in-turn can have viewpoints expressed against.

I could be a brick wall and there would still be people here willing to argue, simply to argue. I feel that anytime an individual presents an idea or concept that I had not previously thought to think of, I am being forced to think critically in order to consider it as a possibility at all.

Or should I make like the rest of the world and simply discard it as a "hoax" because it doesn't instantly mesh with the rest of my picket-fence worldview?

All things are possible if they can simply be imagined....FIRE AWAY.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join