It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court: Sex offenders can be held indefinitely

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I feel child molesters, and rapists are the absolute armpit of humanity.......if some doctor somewhere deems necessary to hold these pieces of # indefinately......I'm all for it !!!!!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Have the highest recidivism rate...?

I have heard quite the opposite...Post your sources...if you have any

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The problem is people....None of you will give a flying Bleep until this very law get slowly passed into other areas of criminal acts. But hell why stop there, lets get the people that have not done any thing wrong at all--Patriot ACT--But none of you probly have any problems with that either right???

It is a total violation of civil liberties that YOUR constitution is sworn to up hold. When you start violating that for this group or that group, its only a matter of time before every gets effected, not just the outcasts.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
In full disclosure, I have not yet had the opportunity to read the whole thread, but wanted to weigh in on the OP.

Um, how can the Supremem Court, the ultimate court in the land, hand down a decision that essentially guts the entire judicial process and turn the justice department into a kangaroo court???
I'm not advocating for sex offenders - they are disgusting people! BUT... they were arrested and tried for their crimes. A jury of their peers reviewed the evidence and sentenced them. That sentence, barring any further illegal behavior while serving, should be the extent of the the punishment rendered. If the offender has such an agregious record, couldn't the jury simply sentence them to life without parole?

I find this decision to be completely misguided and furthers the consolidation of power with the government and aay from the people. Look for this decision to become precendent in future cases where habeus corpus and other such rights are completely tossed aside. Not good.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join