It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran shells Kurdish rebels in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Iran shells Kurdish rebels in Iraq

www.google.com

SULAIMANIYAH, Iraq — Iranian artillery bombarded parts of northern Iraq's Kurdish region where Kurdish rebels opposed to Tehran are said to be holed up, an Iraqi Kurdish official said on Sunday.
"From 6:00 pm (1500 GMT) Saturday until this morning, Iranians fired on the villages of Khanawa, Totma, Marado, Sourkan and Nalia Rach, causing extensive damage to agricultural land and losses of livestock," said Azad Oussou.
No one was killed or wounded in the shelling.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It is clear that the Kurds are very loyal to their American allies, and in a time of war the Kurds will fight against the Iranians, whats in it for them?

Iranian Kurdistan, thats right.

greater kurdistan is part of iraq, syria, iran and turkey.

syria, iran and turkey are all going against israel and israel needs allies in the middle east, allies that are mostly not muslims.

Nobody seems to give the kurds any attention, but in the next middle eastern war they will play a big and vital role against iran and syria, in that case if syria and iran are defeated, we should expect a greater kurdistan to emerge.

will they succeed? who knows but i'm sure there are middle eastern experts who can give a definite answer

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-5-2010 by RizeorDie]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Does this mean that Iran is now a part of the Iraq War of Terror, against America and its allies?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Yeah, they do that every so often. But when those terrorist Kurds keep killing Iranians they really don't have much choice. Just like when terrorists kill Americans, and America goes and shells some Mooslims... what makes Iran any different?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
Does this mean that Iran is now a part of the Iraq War of Terror, against America and its allies?

Not necessarily, but could act as the reason TPTB decide to start a campaign against Iran.

Maybe?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Although this happens sporadically it rarely makes mainstream news. This very well could be the spark that ignites war with Iran. In fact I couldn't really see a better reason knowing our corrupt government.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
When I was in Iraq, it was Kurds we had as interpreters. Three in my unit, one who had college was best obviously. They don't like the Iraqi people much either, but who wouldn't after being persecuted...

Irans involvement in Iraq is nothing new. In the province we held as our AO, Iranian weapons, mainly explosives such as the EFP where smuggled in, and tested against us before being distributed throughout rest of Iraq.

As to any Iranian direct action involved in Iraq, is news to me. Not sure if I would trust the story though, Kurds rebels being attacked by Iran, in "Iraq" just sounds fishy to me.

Much more likely the other way around, Kurds shelling Iranian rebels is much more believable to me. Who knows though, may be just me who thinks it is suspect. Only going off of personal experience though.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Although this happens sporadically it rarely makes mainstream news. This very well could be the spark that ignites war with Iran. In fact I couldn't really see a better reason knowing our corrupt government.

This could be used against iran especially if there are claims of civilian casualities but i dont think it will start the war. middle eastern war will start with some kind of a false flag that will lead israel/usa to strike lebanon/syria/iran.

the kurds will most likely side with usa/israel because they have no other friends in the area.

the kurds will probably be promised more land and an independent kurdistan after the war.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hmmm has no one considered that this could just be a ruse by TPTB to finally attack Iran. What if the kurdish shelling wasn't perpetrated by the Iranians at all? What if the shelling was done by a unit of coalition forces, a false flag attack? Seems like a pretty convenient way to finally kick it off with Iran. After all the kurds are american allies in the area. Now we must defend our allies who have come under attack by the evil Iranians!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
wow turkey too, it seems like both turkey and iran are attacking the rebels. if any of the 2 is going down then so is syria. this back what i said earlier. in a middle eastern war, the kurds will fight with thier only allies in the region, USA/israel. greater kurdistan is part of turkey, iran, iraq and syria. all countries which have problems with israel and the usa at this moment.

ANKARA, Turkey – Turkey's military says its warplanes have struck Kurdish rebel targets inside northern Iraq. The military's press office said on Saturday that Turkish warplanes pounded positions across the border on Friday after army helicopters came under anti-aircraft fire from Iraqi soil. It said the rebel positions there were destroyed. The helicopters were chasing a group of Turkish Kurdish rebels who killed two soldiers in a cross-border attack near the Daglica area along the Iraqi border. Five rebels were killed in the clashes. It was the largest reported clash between the troops and autonomy-seeking Kurdish rebels since the guerrillas killed four soldiers and wounded seven others in an attack on a military outpost in eastern Turkey on April 30.

source

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I hear and respect what you're saying ADVISOR, but hasn't there been some sort of Iranian action against a certain Kurdish group in the past? Seems like maybe a few years ago Iranians either pursued or shelled some Kurds?

As for the Kurds, the guys I know that have dealt with any of them think highly of them. Unfortunately, a Greater Kurdistan would encompass large swaths of multiple countries with various forms of government and could never be peacefully accomplished. Hell, I'm not sure if it could be done by force or arms. I think I'm going to read up a bit on the Kurds.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Nobody seems to give the kurds any attention,

You do realise the Kurdistan Worker's Party is designated as a terrorist organization by the US as well, who's conflict for "independance" has resulted in the deaths of 37,000 since 1984.

I also didn't hear any Neocon apologists crying Crocodile Tears when the Turks launched their massive cross border offensive to quell the PKK in 2008 ("Operation Sun"), which was far more destablizing on the Iraqi population than the Iranians firing a few cap guns over the border.

in a time of war the Kurds will fight against the Iranians,

That's what the recently deceased Mr. Hussein said in 1980.

Guess what? The Kurds rebelled.

You fail to see the bigger picture. The Kurds besides being an Iranian ethnic group, speaking an Iranian language directly related to Persian, also have 7 million of their brethren living in Iranian Kurdistan, in relative sanctity and prosperity compared to the rampant ethnic persecution they suffer in Iraq.

Their most realistic and attainable goal is unity with their brothers in Iran. And to that end, massive net migration is their primary objective.

Turkey, Iran and Syria would rather self-destruct and cut all ties with the West instead of seeing a "Kurdistan" break off large pieces of their territory.

There would be no way to keep a balance of power within the Middle East if that ensued.

The Turks, NATO's No. 1 lackey in the Middle East right now, are themselves the most vehement enemies of such an idea.

we should expect a greater kurdistan to emerge.

Another seccessionist, ultra-nationalistic, xenophobic ethnic sect in Iraq?

Just what the doctor ordered!

[edit on 18/5/10 by The Godfather of Conspira]

new topics

top topics

join