It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Anybody else watching this?

Only had 3 episodes so far, and looks like it's cancelled? Man, they really didn't give this one a shot.

At least we'll see the other episodes made....

Sigh....

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I've been watching it. It had a very "Twin Peaks" feel to me, without the backward talking midgets and llamas and pie. That is, I felt like it was actually headed somewhere beyond the fevered hallucinations of its creator.

I had no idea it had been cancelled. Bummer. Reality shows have killed episodic tv. At least I still have House, Big Bang Theory, and Justified. Beyond that,
: >razzberries

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Not officially cancelled, but....

On May 11, 2010, ABC announced that it is pulling Happy Town from the schedule for two weeks. It will resume its episode run on May 19, with its finale on June 16.[7] It is expected that ABC will not renew the series.[8]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I can accept a good, short series that actually has a conclusion. I'd rather see that than one that drags on well beyond the ability to make sense.

I'm still torqued about Firefly being canceled. At least we had Serenity.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The show was canceled before it got on the air. The network is just burning off the episodes it has. Every once in a while a network will order a series and hate what they see, canceling it before it even airs.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, it got bad ratings right out of the gate... Yet, I think a lot of that was poor scheduling and marketing, not a fault of the show.

The lead actress is gorgeous, Sam Neil is as creepy as ever, the Sheriff is likable, and there seem to be lots of red herrings....

Reminds me of that other show (can't remember the title, but one where they were all on an island for a wedding, and people were getting killed left and right)....murder mystery series...(and recent)...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Harper's Island?

Never saw any of it.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The network did not want the series, but needed to air it to earn some of the money invested in it back. Otherwise, they would of never released it. Network executives are a strange lot. These are the same people who put Jay Leno on prime time.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Harper's Island, yep, that was it...was actually pretty decent....

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I thought it started out kinda slow but after the last episode it looked like things were gonna start picking up.

This is gonna suck if we don't get some kinda explanation about the magic man.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yep, not sure how much wrap up they did, without knowing the show's fate....

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It really is starting to become a decent show...could have been a great replacement for addicts of LOST, if the network would have advertised it right, and then given it a shot...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I've got Happy Town ready to watch - but I really disliked Harper's Island, it reminded me of Dynasty or Sunset Beach, should I bother with Happy Town?

I really love Twin Peaks.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think Happy Town has more gravitas than Harper's Island. Let's face it, HI was pretty much a hack and slash horror flick with episodes.

Still, without much wrapup (and it seems to have dropped off the schedule)...no real need to get invested into it.

Anyone remember Wolf Lake? Best way to wrap up a series EVER!!!.......

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I was really into Happy Town for the first couple of episodes and had high hopes that it might end up being one of those really good phenom kind of shows that happen every so often.

After the first three or four episodes, though, it just didn't seem as good to me.

It's not hard, for me at least, to imagine how a network exec. might have gotten blown away by the pilot, signed the show, and then been increasingly disappointed with what followed.

Too bad though, given time to work out the kinks this show might have had the potential to get really, really good.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The lead actress had some good "X factor" going for her I thought...as did the elder brother villain...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It never clicked with me. I had trouble suspending disbelief or connecting with the characters. I also couldn't stop thinking that someone at ABC thought "we should try to do an accessible spin on Twin Peaks" and failed miserably.

I always liked Peter Outerbridge in ReGenesis. Hope he winds up somewhere more interesting in a post-Happy Town world.

top topics

join