It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Book Of Psalms A Book Of Spells?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Spell book??? lol I dunno about that!

Reading the Pslams, that is atributed to King Davids hand, you get the impression of someone going through a mental breakdown, not casting spells.Swinging from despair to joy. Like "the cords of death surround me" etc. ALOT of stuff in there about Davids enemies aswell, fear of them....like asking God to lead him in a plain path because of his enemies. This is a bit werid if you think about it, because I dont think many people turn to God due to enemies?? Or am I wrong in that assumption?? Also David was a mean soilder. A pastor told me once that God did not allow David to be involved in building the temple because he was a warrior and had blood on his hands (King Solomon Davids son didnt kill anyone). David killed his first enemy as a boy, the giant Goliath. David spent his whole life killing and running people down.Cleaning up the place and widening Israels borders. He had a strong thing about "enemies" and victory and war. When satan tempted David to count the number of Israel, after God told him not to and David did it, then figured out he made a mistake and told God..God gave him three choices...to run from his enemies for a week (or some amount of time), for a famine to hit Israel or some other form of punishment. David chose NOT to run from his enemies but to let the entire nation of Israel bare the punishment. So David was a major proud person. Davids problem?? Killing a man and taking his wife, along with other sins...that not only he knew of , but the whole of Israel. His guilt. He couldnt shake it for a while. Thats why so many of those verses point to major agony. But through it the message is Gods grace, mercy and love.

Who were the pslams written about? Which God or Lord?

"The Lord said to my Lord , come and sit at my right hand until I put your enemys under your feet" Davids Lord was Jesus Christ, the only form of pure real atonement of sin. Thats why Jesus questioned the pharasies, asking them why do they say Messiah is Davids son, when David calls him Lord.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A very interesting take upon the book Truth, I've heard simmilar rumblings out of some Jesuit theologians but not as well developed as you put it.

David was a very proud king, and that proved to be his major flaw. Could it be possible then that the book is a warning to Christians against pride and the madness that it can bring about? (we are getting a good many ideas here wow)

Hmmm
~Astral

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Astral City

dont use the Word of God to fit youre perverted believes it is not a spell book and i would not suggest anyone from using it as so

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
To everyone, instead of thinking no imposible.. think of HOW it can be possible.. suggest.. than when everyone is stumped.. perhaps then an IDEA can be destroyed... the PSALMS are used in many spells.. but are usually followed by a recipe of nature of sorts. Another note is that PSALMS are followed by playing a harp.. perhaps sond frequency plays a role into this? or maybe they refer to another insturment that was described as a harp? a sound generator?

Seek the truth... Because no one else will

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
That's a new one on me. What an interesting concept, I'll have to look into it. Not that I would ever use magic that came out of the bible, no way.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It like the rest of scripture contains kabalistic secrets which could be used as "spells".

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Definite nope. And it would be *terrible* as a spellbook!

Hi Byrd/

Quite agree with you there.

What purpose is of the psalms?
All psalms have their purpose and Spells are not one of them.

The Psalms have inspired people for almost 3000 years. They are an insight to how the soul struggles with conflicts, desires, loss and death. Few of us would write our own Psalm blaming God or wondering why we are left alone, hung out to dry, etc. But all of us have those thoughts. But in the end, each Psalm comes to a conclusion.

Psalm reading
helen

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Remember Psalms are played with a harp, the instrument of angels, perhaps this was used to communicate with them to achieve certain things, victory in war, communication, forgiveness.. all considered as white magical items.. and
it can also be that the full instructions of Psalms could be occulted somewhere

top topics

<< 1   >>

join