It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to move to Alabama? (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is one of the best ads that I have seen in quite a while. Somewhere, John Wayne is smiling down on this chap. Let's hope he can keep em' in the ten ring for the election.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This video was something..........I don't know though. The way it was edited sure makes the guy look like a fast talker.

I'm not comfortable with it at all. It's actually kinda scary!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thanks for the video. Gave me some help there jibeho.

Cannot wait to see some of the vids to come out for the fall.

I think the Dems and Repubs that are NOT about the Constitution, are NOT about LAW, are NOT about smaller government, are NOT about lower taxes better keep their heads down.

Or some might lose em.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If I could vote in Alabama, that guy would surely have my vote.

S&F,

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

He probably dropped his entire advertising budget on this one commercial hence the speed and editing. I was hoping to see his lever action rifle put to use in the ad.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

He probably dropped his entire advertising budget on this one commercial hence the speed and editing. I was hoping to see his lever action rifle put to use in the ad.

Speaking of that, he was slinging around the rifle at the same time he said, "and I'll take no prisoners."

Subliminal? Pretty well planned out in my opinion.

Sadly, brawn over brains, in my opinion!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I dont think I have ever seen an Ad like this one.

Great Ad might I add.

I can see thedemocrats comming after him on this one, but to tell you the truth, I dont think they will have much to run on, pretty much everything he said in this video is what a lot if not the majority of Americans feel at this point in time.

HaHal @ the Illegals comment.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I thought the gun part was pretty pointed non-verbal language.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Damn, that guy was straight. Nice hint with the fire arm there!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Okay... okay... you win. I would vote for that guy, I would have to cringe my teeth to cast the ballot but I would do it. I swore upon a personal oath I would NEVER NEVER EVER vote for a Republican in my life. There goes my record on keeping promises, if I was in Alabama.

We need more common sense ordinary Americans to run for office who will stand up to the liars, thiefs, and special interests. I love how he pointed out that guy who is bragging about taking illegal money. I just

[edit on 5/17/10 by Misoir]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I love how he pointed out that guy who is bragging about taking illegal money. I just

No kidding........I think he's going to have to carry that gun around with him permanently after that comment!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
That video is pretty humorous. It reminds me of my own video editing style.

I don't think I would vote for anyone that has a kind of "cowboy" mentality though.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The Youtube comments are hilarious. I almost pissed my paints reading them. Vote Dale!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Seems just like any other political ad only he has a cowboy hat, rifle and is standing beside a horse. Which of course is playing to his demographic.

Common elements:

1. Say the other-side is victimizing your supporters.
2. Say you really care about the little man.
3. Claim that thieves in office are robbing us blind and you'll stop them (not!).
4. Say you're the only politician that truly cares about a particular State or issue.
5. Talk about or literally show the Constitution and the Bill of Rights (money-shot).
6. Talk about what the "fat cats" don't want us to know but you'll tell anyway!
7. Point out known instances of past corruption or lousy decisions within your own party and claim you're the "Maverick" or "Mr. Change".

If at the end of the ad he pulled out a buck-knife and gutted a deer I wouldn't have been surprised.
It'd be over-kill but hey, who knows? Some people eat that kind of stuff up.

I think you take just as much of a chance as any other when voting for this politician but in the end the people just have little choice.

- Lee

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Alabama resident here....
The people who say they would vote for this rodeo clown was completely predictable. I am not impressed with his gun or big talk. He reminds me of a male Sarah Palin. He is shoveling all that 'we're not gonna take it' crap to get the brainless to grab their pitchforks (and/or guns) and "take no prisoners".

Vote for who you want, but I cast my votes for people with intelligence, not some root-n-tootin cowboy that insinuates he is gonna kill elected officials.

I had enough of that other sh*tkicker from Texas, W.

To vote for anybody like this is what keeps my state 49th in the country. (Mississippi is right on our tail feathers)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have a few suggestions for his next ad but it may require some CGI.

PICTURE THIS:

Dale on horse back, riding down toward the Gulf spill in the middle of a raging storm. His Horse named "Freedom-Liberty-Gun-Rights" rears up as lightning strikes. He continues riding even more determined as the rain-drops pound his weary face.

Suddenly Illegal aliens in sombreros try and hinder his journey by running alongside him, grabbing his jeans and begging for under-the-table work. He swats them all away and yells, "I Don't Speak Spanish, damn you! This is America!"

He continues riding as tears well-up in his squinting eyes when he sees mysterious men in black hoods stealing his campaign signs from the front lawns of God-fearin' citizens.

Dale arrives at the oil spill and it is monstrously huge. "Hussein Obama! Why'd you allow this to happen?", he yells and pulls out his rifle. Aiming at the oil spill he says in a low gruff voice "Reagan knew this day would come." BLAM! He fires rounds into the oil-spill but it just makes it even more angry. Dale then rides closer and using his lasso, he wrangles the spill! He's literally riding it like a wild bronco! Forcing the oil spill into submission, he hog ties it and drags it to the beach.

Slow motion shot as he walks away covered in oil, dirt and blood. He grabs an American flag and walks back to the oil spill, planting it right into its heart. Instantly kill it.

Just then Fat-Cats with top-hats and monocles come rushing out with buckets and try to feed on the oil-spill but Dale fires his gun in the air and scares them all off.

"Go on, now GIT! This belongs to the people!"

He turns to his horse and says, "Freedom-Liberty-Gun-Rights, we did it. It don't stop here though. You think I'm dirty now? Wait till we head over to that there Washington D.C. and take down the Congress!"

PRODUCTION NOTE: Put some peanut-butter on the Horses gums like they did with Mr.Ed so when he tries to get it off it looks like he's talking and dub in Hank Hills voice so he says:

"Dang-git Dale!"

NEW CAMPAIGN SLOGAN: "Come Hide With Me In The 19th Century...It's Still Safe Here!"

That would be epic.
I'd even cast my vote for him on Dec. 12, 2012.

- Lee

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
A one ounce brain in a ten gallon hat.

I got the guns and guts part, but he forgot to mention GOD. Oh noes. Wait until SATAN heres about this.

Slow down cowboy, you're spooking the cattle.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Thanks, working on that now.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

THAT is the funniest most clever post I HAVE EVERY READ in my history at ATS. I became misty while reading. Simply brilliant.

Thanks for making my day.
"Dang-git Dale" ROFLMAO.

Better slap a © on that puppy.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So apparently to get elected in the United States all I need is a gun, a cowboy hat and a bunch of buzz-words that actually say nothing about my political views, except that I am the good guy. That's good to know.

Seriously what the hell is wrong with you people? A wannabe cowboy flashes an antique gun in a political ad and suddenly there is a thread about moving to his state.

What does he want to do with that $5 billion he'll control?

How will he bring back the practice of family farming when it is no longer profitable?

How does he believe illegal immigration hurts agriculture?

How can the agricultural industry help lower the unemployment rate when it is based on non-agricultural jobs?

What management experience does he have?

What large-scale reforms would he like to see be put in place?

What is his cause-based platform?

Why aren't you people who are oohing and ahhing at his gun asking these kind of issues based questions? You want to hold your politicians to a higher standard start doing so and think about the issues that affect your lives!

The man is running to be the Agricultural Commissioner, do any of you even know what that job is? Do any of you care? Or do his gun and cowboy hat still have you mesmerized?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join