It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil Spreading Into Major Current

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

"NEW ORLEANS -- Engineers finally figured out how to siphon some of the oil that has been spewing into the Gulf for almost a month, but it could be too late to stop the ooze from reaching a major ocean current that could carry it through the Florida Keys and up the East Coast."

Just when I thought things were gonna get better with the siphoning tube working and everything, this had to happen

en.wikipedia.org...

As you can see this could have an extraordinary effect on marine biology everywhere!

And who knows what other currents it will join once it gets spread around enough!

This news has opened up a can of worms, this oil spill could get a whole lot worse!

[edit on 17-5-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
very vague they found a way to get some of the oil?
ok just how much is some of the oil 200,000 a day lowest estimate now how much are they getting out . 10 100 1000 10000 100000 so how much is it even at half your still left with 100000 a DAY 700000 a week 2100000 a month..
in 3 months just how long do they think it will take to stop all the way ? a year or even 2? ok once again low ball 10 months 21000000 21 million that is and rember this is all very very low estimates .mean wile the magic disapiring oil is larking just under the service coming soon to a beach near you black tide
O and don't worry about the layers on the ocean floor what you cant see well you cant see . now go out and drive baby drive . Bp this BP that you know who is most responsible for any oil spill ? YOU are yea i said that YOU are responsible for a oil spill . tell me mr high and mighty why BP shell exon or any other company would even bother to drill baby drill if YOU and YOU didn't buy it.
any thing company's make that people don't buy quickly go out of bissness no one buys it then no one pumps it then no oil spills IN THAT ORDER.
man people could have demanded cars that didnt run off gas 100 years agio The first fords DIDNT so make excuses tell your self its all the governments falt and buy the next mustang man its so cool

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Ok, ok you got me. I did it, I drove a big fat diesel down there, stopped off for a cheese burger that was shipped in from Honduras, and took an old freighter which was leaking oil and fuel, and drove it right into the rig. Sorry, I'll be more careful next time. By the way, I want cheap gas when I drive aimlessly around.

join