It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Pitches Tax Credit for Health Insurance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

IRS Pitches Tax Credit for Health Insurance

www.newsmax.com

Pitching President Barack Obama's health care law to skeptical business owners, the IRS on Monday will announce ground rules for small firms wishing to claim a new federal tax credit for health insurance.

Created under the health overhaul law, the tax credit covers up to 35 percent of the premiums that certain small businesses pay on behalf of their workers. The IRS notice addresses unanswered questions about the benefit, which is available starting this year.

The agency's action comes days after the nation's largest small business lobbying group announced it was joining a lawsuit cha
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It looks like they are desperate to get the public on board, after the fact, with the *health care reform. To me, it's kind of funny how this comes only days after a lawsuit was filed challenging the health care law. Were they worried this lawsuit had teeth?

It seems like the more they do for this so called healthcare reform, the more jumbled it gets. It's far too complicated and they are making it even more complicated by trying to get us to digest the pill that they already shoved down our throats.

--airspoon

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
so let me get this straight!

1) take money away from the average tax payer.
2)mandate that every U.S citizen shall have health care
3) snuff out citizens who can not pay their health care.
4) corporations fine is less than paying for their employees health care
5)then this entity is not even an legit organization

you #ting me

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

As I have said from the beginning, this whole health care reform was created simply to screw the American people, while benefitting the health industry. Of course you can't go stepping on corporate toes so you toss them a bone while squashing the American people even further.

--airspoon

[edit on 17-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I consider myself an independent with conservative and libertarian leanings. I would rather have seen a Nationalization than this abomination that passed. I pray that it gets ruled unconstitutional when it reaches the court.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
One might wonder how they think they can afford a tax rebate when tax receipts don't even cover revenues, let alone unfunded liabilities.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

More tax payer money to be thrown away like it was toilet paper, I guess thats is what tax payer money is this days but for the hard working Americans is money that is stripped from their pay checks to never be seen again and if you don't like it you get penalized.

Still it doesn't say how long the tax brakes are going to last or if they are just an incentive for a few years and then they will end.

Just like the expansion of Medicaid, after a few years is going to be the responsibility of the individual states and the tax payer again.

I see a lot of money been given away and does anybody even think this is not going to come back to hit us with new taxes? yes it will

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

That is why the Medicaid was expanded so those tax rebates will not be needed anymore.

If you don't pay taxes or fall in the poverty level is Medicaid for you.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
More tax payer money to be thrown away like it was toilet paper, I guess thats is what tax payer money is this days but for the hard working Americans is money that is stripped from their pay checks to never be seen again and if you don't like it you get penalized.

Well it's interesting they're considering moves to offset the costs to small business. But not consumers.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Is a reason why, the government is more interested in keeping large powerful lobby groups aboard (soft money) than even taking into consideration the wishes of the voters and tax payer.

Large lobby groups can do a lot of damage, I guess we the tax payer are not seen in the same light.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Several points to ponder:

1. If healthcare reform is going to save everyone money and cut down on the deficit -- why would the White House need to do this?

2. Where is the money for these tax credits coming from? Again, we continue to bleed green in order to make programs, tauted as the "answer", to actually work....

3. Tax credits DO NOT solve the initial problem -- having the money to spend in the first place. Who cares if you get it back come April 15th if you don't have it to begin with?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

And that my friend is the biggest question of all, the cost of the HCR is growing by the minute, we know that, the initial cost has surpassed expectation, we know that is not going to help the deficit in any way or form.

Where the money is coming from? is coming with new tax hikes, already experts in the economy has predicted tax increases to cover the HCR starting in 2014 or the HCR will die.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I consider myself an independent with conservative and libertarian leanings. I would rather have seen a Nationalization than this abomination that passed. I pray that it gets ruled unconstitutional when it reaches the court.

I agree. I would rather complete nationalized health care than this so-called legislation that only robs the tax-payer to profit corporate interests. At least complete nationalized healthcare would benefit a percentage of the population. This legislation helps no one but corporate interests and the elite class. This was a huge slap on the face and just proves how America has no hope left to pry her from the grip of tyrannical rule.

--airspoon

top topics

join