It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran, Turkey agree on nuclear swap deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Iran, Turkey agree on nuclear swap deal

presstv.ir

After several hours of intense negotiations, the trilateral meeting between Iran, Brazil and Turkey ends with Tehran agreeing to ship its domestic low-enriched uranium to Turkey.

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said Monday that the Tehran government has agreed to a draft proposal whereby Iran will send some 1200 kg of its 3.5 percent enriched uranium over to Turkey in exchange for a total of 120 kg 20 percent, Press TV reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.campaigniran.org
news.yahoo.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Turkish Air Defense System Deployed to "Defend Syria, Iran against Israel Raids"

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Turkey sure is "show-boating" here. I wonder what affect this will have on turkey's relationship with NATO? If Turkey is getting into agreements with Turkey over Iran's nuclear program, then it is clear that Turkey is siding with Iran.

Turkey has been doing a lot lately to shove its nose at the west. I wonder to what end and what for. It seems like lately that Turkey has been going out of its way to side against the west on issues. Issues such as placing its air defenses along its border to protect both Syria and Iran from Israeli airstrikes. Does Turkey know something that we don't, or is Turkey just sticking up for what's right?

--airspoon

presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm thinking Iran has played their hand VERY well, and set back a lot of the western powers by their actions..

I don't like the dinner jacket, but damn.. he's a good poker player..

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
reply to post by airspoon

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm thinking Iran has played their hand VERY well, and set back a lot of the western powers by their actions..

I don't like the dinner jacket, but damn.. he's a good poker player..

That's just "it" he's not playing Poker, he's playing Chess, there's nothing sinister about the nuke fuel deal, it's still 70 odd percent off weapons grade material.

I still haven't seen enough evidence to persuade me that Russia and Turkey aren't playing good cop to our bad cop for the Iranian suspect

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Discussion is already underway here

Please continue contributing to the preceding thread.

closing

(Edit: Fixed link)

[edit on 5/17/2010 by AshleyD]

new topics

top topics

join