It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran agrees to send uranium to Turkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Iran agrees to send uranium to Turkey

wireupdate.com

Iran will send an amount of 1200 kg of its 3.5 percent enriched uranium over to Turkey in exchange for 120 kg 20 percent, Press TV added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Additional links:
Turkey 'could store Iran uranium'

[edit on 17-5-2010 by broahes]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I am still looking for a few more details about this, as there isn't much detail here yet. Anyone else that finds anything, please post. Thanks.

Thoughts?

wireupdate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I'm guessing this is just another tactic by the Iranian regime to stall sanctions and to peeve off the U.S. even more.

They play the game very well indeed.

As for my stance on the whole Iranian thing, well, I don't like Israel or the U.S. Government all that much.

here's another link for ya -

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 17-5-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The broadcaster said the International Atomic Energy Agency, the Vienna-based United Nations nuclear watchdog, would officially receive a letter concerning the agreement “within a week.” There was no immediate response from the United States or other nations in the international group dealing with Iran’s nuclear ambitions.

Press TV quoted one of its correspondents as saying the exchange would take place a month after a deal was agreed by Iran, France, Russia, the United States and the I.A.E.A.

The agreement could revive an earlier proposal, supported by the United Nations, for Iran to exchange fuel outside its borders. That suggestion ran into many obstacles, including its timing, with Iran insisting on a simultaneous swap while outside powers wanted a delay in the exchange while Iran’s 3.5 percent pure uranium was enriched to a higher level.

Since then, Tehran has said it has begun its own program to enrich uranium to the level of 20 percent purity, far less than is used in the manufacture of nuclear weapons, while the United States has increased pressure for additional sanctions.

Iran says it wants the enriched fuel for civilian purposes but the United States and its western allies suspect that Tehran is pursuing a weapons program.

---
Source

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Radioactive Turkeys? That damn bird is getting smarter by the minute.

This definitely won't sit well with the UN. But I say screw the UN. We all have defensive measures correct? Iran knows this, and is just ruffling feathers (pun intended: see earlier statement). With the talk of nukes in ancient times, I am afraid that we are going to find out that history does indeed repeat itself.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

It was a similar idea agreed to by the UN that would call for Iran to exchange fuel for enriched fuel with another country. I don't see where they will have a problem with this.

The US doesn't want them to comply, at least I don't think they do.. they just want another war.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Sanctions will be lifted and Iran will have more time to develop nukes.

Iran is playing a very clever game within the 'legal' boundaries.

Not a good day for israel.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Doujutsu

Exactly! Star for that.

Iran has been watching and learning, much like North Korea in the past.. how to play and beat the system, while still getting what they want.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

Ahh, I didn't know that. I would think that we (U.S.) would be trying to avoid war with Iran. We are getting ties with Russia and that would obliterate our chances of getting really close with them. That said, TPTB may have some scheme in order for this going but I don't wanna get into that. Interesting none the less.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
All the rhetoric from the likes of Billary Clinton and Israel - and now the USA and Israel's new British poodle, William Vague - and yet they still cannot provide one shred of evidence of any wrongdoing by Iran.
All material is accounted for and all production is monitored, as well as agreements in place for ongoing inspections - more than any other NPT signatory has ever been subjected to - and we still have idiots trying their hardest to push for more war based on innuendo and speculation.

This new proposal makes a lot of sense. The reason Iran never agreed to let France have their material was because they did that once before and got nothing back - it was stolen! So, they are hardly going to go down that path again and have been trying to seek a fairer deal, which is perfectly reasonable to anyone with any common sense.

But, Israel wants Iran removed simply because they are the only real threat to Israeli dominance in the region. Everybody knows this, the politicians, the military and it should be obvious to anyone taking a short time to look at the ongoing shenanigans and the meddling by our own governments. All the scary talk about Iran supplying nukes to terrorists etc is nothing more than manufactured propaganda for the masses.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

Iran is also playing another clever game of making more freinds with likely minds and not secluding itself like North Korea.

I personally want Iran to acquire nukes and achieve an equilibirum in Middle East.

Little israel might have Uncle Sam, but Uncle can only help soo much.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Doujutsu]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hello there. Please contribute to the ongoing discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join