It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World that Awaits The Children of ATS Members

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitemhard

The world is no worse than it ever was, and is actually better in many ways. It is a matter of what you focus your attention on.
You NOW know of evil in the world.
Focus on the good, and "know" it as well, and you will feel better about the future, I think.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

teaching our children is not the main issue insuring that they learn all that they need to survive in a world ruled by corporate greed and mindless stupidity of them is what they need to learn the most.
ex.- 1 talent of silver for 3 talents of gold -[biblicaly speaking] MORTGAGE for every $1 you borrow you pay them 3 TIMES THAT AMOUNT BACK.it only takes 12 to 15 years to save to pay cash for your house not 25years or more to pay the banks their blood money.live within your means if you haven`t got the cash don`t buy on credit.
ex. if you have to buy on credit make sure you have the cash in the bank and pay it off the same day.use your credit cards so that you pay no interest -ex. ebay buy on print out reciete and take to the bank and pay it the same day or the next day no later.
credit cards are our worst nightmare ever-3.5 to 33.3 % interest rates COMPOUNDED. MEANS THAT IT TAKES YOU FOREVER TO PAY IT BACK, ex $1,000.00 borrowed on the card takes you 12 years to pay back at about $30.00 PER MONTH PAYMENT.= $30.00 X12 MONTHS X 12 YEARS OR SO YOU ARE TOLD ...THEY LIED. it is 28 days between bills which equals 13 MONTHS and 1 day in their year.
the equation now is #30.00 x 13 months x13 years= $4070.00 you paid them for the use of a thousand dollars. the reason is that at year end you are already 1 month and 1 day late in paying them back even though you paid your monthly payments ,on time as they run on a 13 month calender not the 12 months that we were all taught there was in a year.and they dont expect you to pay them off so they can charge you any rate they want as your LATE..BY THEIR STANDARDS . read the back of your statement and you will see this truth.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
Hi everyone,

I think the majority of ATS Members are quite wisened up to the way the World Works.
Would you accept your offspring being every day sheeple or do you intend to educate them to a specific level on what really goes on?

The First thing you would have to educate them about is that the world they live in is not the way it was a mere 50 years ago. It has been completely transmogrified.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie
Agreed, Americans and Canadians need to take back their classrooms so one day (hopefully tomorrow) a young student will stand up in his or her classroom and say: 'No SIR, the historical accuracy of the ------ era that you provided today is INC0RRECT' and if the sheeple laugh or the teacher flips out, well, their loss.

Like the Epic Beard Man made popular: 'Its better to be p-----d off than p-----d on'

In this case being p-----d on is being told some obvious outright lie and taking it like a submissive slave instead of being p-----d off about it.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
ehh, i think children tend to believe things theyre told. and no offense- but some people on this board are wacko, and take things WAYY too far. any child that grows up learning this stuff is gonna grow up totally paranoid. NOW, if you can teach them to take everything with a GRAIN OF SALT, THEN they should be fine. But i still wouldnt teach them this stuff til theyre a little older. lol, you parents are spazzin your kids out like, "SANTA iSNT REAL!!! THE GOVERNMENT IS GONNA TAKE OVER AND KILL EVERYONE!!". let kids have their "magical" fun, then, once theyre older, (15ish), its finally okay to say, "SANTA iSNT REAL!!! THE GOVERNMENT IS GONNA TAKE OVER AND KILL EVERYONE!!"

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Nice thread OP. Very good question. I have a question though. With every post on ATS, has any conspiracy been proven?

If so I would like to know so I can check out those threads. Yes we should question everything, but proof is always in the eye of the beholder.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The most important thing we can do for our children is love them unconditionally and let them become the people they are not the people we want them to be.

How will the world ever change if our children grow up being the mirror images of their parents?

Discussing our opinions and our beliefs with our children is very important but letting them make their own decisions is even more important.

I want to ask ATS members what they will do if their child disagrees with you; chooses not to believe in your god or religious philosophy, chooses not to believe in your "conspiracy theory", chooses not to learn your survival techniques?

Will you have the emotional maturity to let them choose or will you manipulate them into following in your footsteps.

How will you feel when your child looks into your eyes and says "I believe you are wrong"

Respect your children as individuals and never, ever physically or emotionally harm them and they will grow into compassionate humans.

With that comes massive social and ecological benefits for our future.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
Nice thread OP. Very good question. I have a question though. With every post on ATS, has any conspiracy been proven?

If so I would like to know so I can check out those threads. Yes we should question everything, but proof is always in the eye of the beholder.

I agree that lots of stuff on here is disproven (and some not disproven) and some maybe complete nonsense, but what i mean is that the kids should at least be aware there are 2 sides to some stories and not all is as it says on fox news.

It's important that future generations grow up knowing that it's ok to investigate themselves and not just believe whats on TV 1st time around.

g

[edit on 17-5-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I am also a huge fan of allowing children to make their own mistakes and learn to deal with the consequences. Which I think is one of the most important lessons you can teach your kids.

Bubble children as I call them will ruin this world further I am sure.

Completely agree! My best friend's parenting axiom (which I shamelessly stole) was "If they can get up the tree, they can get down".

As for the draft someone mentioned no longer exists, my only reply is "for now". Male children still have to sign up for selective service. One of the reliefs of my son having autism is that he'll never be drafted if it comes back.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
The world is no worse than it ever was, and is actually better in many ways.

That's something most people here need to learn. They need to take off their rose tinted glasses and see that the world wasn't better in any way 50 years ago or 30 years ago or 100 years ago. It has been the same, the only thing that changed is that news get spread around more easily and if you only read bad news, believe in all the stupid conspiracys (there are some conspiracy which certainly are true, but this site has become a joke with that topic and "a conspiracy behind every corner") and think that everything is bad and humans need to die, it's normal that some will go crazy and believe in that stuff.

I can only imagine how some members here might raise their kids and to be honest, it makes me angry and sad just thinking about how it certainly could be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join