It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hindu Statues Around the World Drinking Milk (The Milk Miracle)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I've seen an event like that once in person.

It could be explained in various ways like a straw or whatever. Unfortunately, with the amount of devotees in the area, claiming bunk will get you stoned.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Stories like this are pretty self-debunking. Porous materiel and capillary action would explain small quantities being absorbed. Glazed pottery isn't glazed just to look pretty

The alternative is an elephant-headed god manifests itself in clay statues to drink milk. A clever god would manifest itself a pint of milk!

In that case a good malt whiskey or a beer would be prefered by a God standing there at the same place all the time....

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This is such old news , and has been debunked , at least in england the last time it happened......I bet more case s of this will stasrt again in the next couple of monthe ,now that the hindu calendar has more auspicious "good luck" dates in the calender to get married.

Recently there have been very little "good luck days" to get married on , this period has just ended.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by gambon]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
For an Infinite energy-field this is easy to do. Every Religions energy-field sporadically stages such events in order to refreshen the faith of its followers.
Ive seen "Miracles" happen several times - live and in person.

Dont spread these stories too far, it makes skeptics/atheists feel very uncomfortable and overwhelmed, and when they become overwhelmed they become dangerous.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
What do you mean dont spread these stories too far , these stories are years old , my local hindu temple had a case ......7 minutes from my door , these cases where huge news , prompting all sorts of investigation back in the day.....Where were you when it was going on , if you have only just heard about it?

"Dont spread these stories too far, it makes skeptics/atheists feel very uncomfortable and overwhelmed, and when they become overwhelmed they become dangerous."

Really?

not half as dangerous as a "true believer" history seems to show.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by gambon]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
What do you mean dont spread these stories too far , these stories are years old , my local hindu temple had a case ......7 minutes from my door , these cases where huge news , prompting all sorts of investigation back in the day.....Where were you when it was going on , if you have only just heard about it?

I know they are spread far, I was speaking ironically, not literally.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Sorry , could you explain where the irony is please , I seem to have missed it.......not being funny , could you ...ty

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

why the third world is third.

India is not a third world country anymore. Looks like you are living in the past.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

India is not a third world country anymore.

Difference of opinion is what makes horse races and internet discussion boards.

Looks like you are living in the past.

Thank you for your input.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I was fortunate to experience this 'miracle' myself in New Zealand in 1995. There was a local Hindu temple that opened its doors to the public so that people could experience this event.

I went with three friends and we stood in a queue of about 20 people. I approached the small stone-like statue of about 10 to 12 cm high and held my spoon full of milk against the mouth of the statue of Ganesh. The milk disappeared from my spoon as if a sponge had been placed into the milk. It slowly vanished in about 10 seconds. My friends and all the people in the queue experienced the same thing. There was some spillage evident around the statue, but not enough to account for all the milk that had been offered that day.

What is incredible about this event is that it was a 4 day only phenomenon.

I can't understand those who think this was a worldwide hoax, or that it was some sort of capillary action. I've never ever seen a stone appear to absorb liquid before.

[edit on (18/5/10) by xfiler]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join