It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hindu Statues Around the World Drinking Milk (The Milk Miracle)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
In September of 1995, around the world Hindu religious statues started to drink milk offerings.

On 21st September 1995, reports started to come out of New Delhi of Hindu statues drinking milk. Worshippers were offering spoonfuls of the substance as a sacred gift, and the symbolic carvings of Lord Shiva and Ganesha were actually consuming it. Queues built up around temples, and the local authorities had to increase the city’s milk supply by 100,000 litres because of a shortage.

These events are yet to be explained, although skeptics made a few attempts at it.

Skeptics immediately suggested it was a case of mass hallucination, or that the porous quality of the statues that created the phenomenon. Others said the milk was just being spilt

These arguments were immediately refuted

the ground around the statues did not hold anywhere near the amount of milk that was being offered. Certainly, those who came had no doubts that it was a true miracle, and as Indian communities heard about the phenomenon, other reports about similar events appeared across the world. By the next day, Hindu worshipers were standing in long lines outside London temples, eager to offer the statues milk.

Their were also many personal accounts claiming the milk was sucked in by the statues.

Anila Premji was one lady who waited during the night to attend the Vishwa temple in Southall, west London, to offer a spoonful to a marble figure of Nandi, a bull ridden by Shiva. ‘I held the spoon out level, and the milk just disappeared,’ she said. At the main Swaminarayan temple in London, the situation was so busy that authorities were refusing entry to people bringing their own milk cartons.

This event repeated around the world.

In Canada, Germany and the United States the miracles were continued. Hindu worshipers at Chatsworth Hindu Temple in California also reported milk being accepted by their idols. Stories were run by Reuters, CNN, the BBC and most of the world’s major newspapers.

Watch a series of video examples of this Here.

All the statues seemed to quit drinking milk on the same day as well.

Can this event be debunked? it would seem it had a repeat in 2006 just to a lesser extent (well maybe just less media coverage).

I think their are possibility's to explain why this happened, but after watching video's those explanations don't seem to hold up.

External Content Source

[edit on 5/17/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Stories like this are pretty self-debunking. Porous materiel and capillary action would explain small quantities being absorbed. Glazed pottery isn't glazed just to look pretty

The alternative is an elephant-headed god manifests itself in clay statues to drink milk. A clever god would manifest itself a pint of milk!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I don't think I have ever heard of this before.

Has there been any proclamation why the statues supposedly did this and only for the durations they did, or why they stopped all at the same time? Was the date significant?

Did they ever try other liquids?

Was this phenomenon only observed in Temples, or by any such statues possessed by hindu peoples or in general?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I wonder if I disguised myself as a statue, could I convince people to feed me beer?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Can this event be debunked? it would seem it had a repeat in 2006 just to a lesser extent
So, why the Hell aren't scientists all over this. Until this has been studied, and no explanation can be found, I'm going to remain very skeptical on this...

Is it possible the statues were hollow? Maybe they had a hidden drainage system that went down through the statue into the ground?

reply to post by Kandinsky

Stories like this are pretty self-debunking. Porous materiel and capillary action would explain small quantities being absorbed.
No way. It certainly doesn't sound like a small amount of milk was given to these statues, and no matter how porous it was, it would quickly stop absorbing milk, and it wouldn't be able to quickly absorb each teaspoon as they fed it. You'd soon have milk everywhere.

[edit on 17/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I saw one of the original news episodes about this event. There was on explanation available and yes the milk was drained and no seepage from the statue...

Makes me wonder if somehow that 90 y/o monk that hasn't eaten or drinken has some harmonic energy transfer with these statues...

Yea he is for real just google the 90y/o monk that hasn't eaten, drank or excreted bodily wastes since he was 16 ..i think it was 16 mabe 14..

weird stuff..but so is a woman that bleeds for a week and doesnt die

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I love how those annoying Skeptics think they know everything and want it to make it a case closed,

as always Skeptics are proven wrong, atleast in this case.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Alaskan Man
A clever god would manifest itself a pint of milk!

So god doesn't exist, but you know what one would do if it did?

C'mon.

You cannot know what the god would do, even if it did exist.

*Clearly there a disconnect between your thought patterns and thought-patterns of the sort of god who manifests in underglazed statues. So maybe you are not suited to decide what this god will do?

I mean, this god manifests into statues, how can you ever comprehend the thought-process that lead to that! Mortal!

Russian!

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Wow, good find, I have never heard of this although this is extremely hard to believe. This is one of those things that I just can't even begin to believe until I personally see it, live. I am certainly going to remain skeptical on this one. Could it be that all of these people just really want to believe and so saw what they wanted to see? The videos could just be hoaxes to support the claim of what the witnesses saw. This is just far too weird.

--airspoon

Edited to add: In the videos, the milk could be easily running down the statue. Because the statue is off-white, you wouldn't see the milk as it "runs" down to the base. Some other statues, it is obvious that the milk is clearly running over the base of the statue. I call HOAX!

[edit on 17-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I remember seeing a video of them doing it with a liquid that had red food coloring in it. You could clearly see that the liquid was running down the front of the statue.

If you pay close attention to some of these videos (the ones that aren't so blurry that you wouldn't be able to see) you can clearly see milk running down the front of the statues.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Every up close shot of the milk 'drinking' I've seen...the spoon was being tipped to the mouthpart of the statue. Sometimes it was done very covertly...

I'm thinking if it was a miracle, there'd be better coverage of the parts below the statues, most of the time they are coucheth on some sort of linen...but I keep feeling that I'm seeing only a very specific angle of the action.

These statues aren't running away, so why just quick shots at a forced perspective. It's flash-bang-nothing like bigfoot videos, only these statues aren't quite as...mobile.

Fun and worthy of consideration, just too many openings for me to insert my skepticism

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This has been posted ad nauseum and it has been debunked ad nauseum... Come on!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by postmeme

Nice One liner.

It totally made my day to see an act of rebellion such as yours. You showed us.

Now how about posting a link to prior debunkings of this phenomenon.... if they even exist.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Just take a look a tthe video sourced in the OP. You can clearly see milk pooled at the bottom of the statues, particularly the last statue. This is definately a hoax.

--airspoon

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If this were true, I don't get the significance of a God statue drinking milk.

Not only is this a bit of a pointless miracle but it only ends up making believers worship the deity as an idol, rather than the deity itself. It is just as odd as people flocking to see the Virgin Mary on a stained window and praying to it for guidance.

Now people are flocking to these locations to continue the practice of "feeding" a statue.

Considering how many people live in squalor and heartbreaking poverty in India I think they should give the milk to the poor and stop pouring it onto a miraculous statue that laps it up.

They would even get a "thank you" in return.

- Lee

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Nice One liner.

Now how about posting a link to prior debunkings of this phenomenon.... if they even exist.

I'd like to see you debunk the fact that after I wipe my butt, the wad of toilet tissue turns into a time machine and flies into the sun at the speed of crap.

Some things are too stupid to even need to be debunked, like statues that drink milk.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

So, why the Hell aren't scientists all over this.

Because it takes about 30 seconds to explain. Plus another 15 seconds to dispose of the "the statue would turn white" objection. No, milk dries clear.

Science isn't all over stuff like this because science got over stuff like this long, long ago.

Besides, I know Ganesha. He drinks Jameson's. Hasn't had milk since he was a calf. Wasn't crazy about it then, either.

Google is your friend. The OP discloses that this chunk floats to the top repeatedly, for example, in 1995 and 2006.

Hint. The searchable term is why the third world is third.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

I'd like to see you debunk the fact that after I wipe my butt, the wad of toilet tissue turns into a time machine and flies into the sun at the speed of crap.

That would be a claim for the skunkworks forum.

..."after I wipe my butt, the wad of toilet tissue turns into a time machine and flies into the sun ..."

*Anyhow, these milk drinking statues don't have anything on the Bleeding Mother Marys. Those prove the supremacy of Christianity, no other god makes a statues of his mom bleed for us. Some cry too. That's all the proof anyone with common sense should ever need.

P.S. I hope you fellas are not taking me seriously. I thought my first post to Kandisnky was a dead giveaway, alas.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Nice One liner.

No. Do your own research. Learn to use Google. This has been covered over and over again. I am just really exasperated at the amount of rubbish I have to trawl through in here nowadays to get to the truth.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Honestly I don't know what is worse, the original frauds or the people spreading misinformation after.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join