It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you been Punk'd by God the Master conspirator?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Yes, if you follow your human wisdom by trying to discern who God is and isn't then you too shall be fooled.

To not only understand but to have a personal relationship with God one needs wisdom, not that of man's wisdom but of God's and the only way one acquires Godly wisdom is through the Holy spirit imparting it to us.

Remember, this passage from Isaiah 55:8

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord.

Pax

Yes, he's by far funnier by many many orders of magnitude, than we are.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Not a Christian but thoroughly enjoyed the post. I have always pictured God as kind of a kidder with a great sense of humor. The christian god certainly sides with this theory. S + F

Yep he sure is. And that's the magnificent and utterly splendid thing about Christianity in particular is that when properly understood, and recieved, it offers us the possibility of the complete and absolute restoration of our good-natured HUMOR and our charm. To accomplish this, it must involve a loving humor capable of alltogether overcoming all the sorrow and suffering and strife generated by the self-willed world of men which would otherwise threaten to rob us of this unending joy, and render the meaning of life, an unsult and an unjustice. In making the absurdity of life meaningful and purposeful, it restores us to a childlike, playful state in which the possibility of humor always abounds, even in otherwise grave circumstances, and that's a real marvel, imho.

<< 1  2   >>

join