It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoth, unearthed at Luxor.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is tangendental, but U.S TV series LOST is just about to wrap up this month and one of it's most iconic images is the giant statue of (most probably) Thoth. I don't imagine that this find is a promotional stunt by ABC, but it is quite a coincidence!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Heres the link to Dr. Zahi Hawass website.

www.drhawass.com...

Lots of good information on the site about other important discoveries.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katie
Heres the link to Dr. Zahi Hawass website.

www.drhawass.com...

Lots of good information on the site about other important discoveries.

Yeah, he's great at PR, that's why he's in the position he is. However the site really contains nothing except the few statues which have been made public. They never have a problem with allowing the public to see those, and this story is another case of that. I'd think the many untouched sites he's discovered would offer much more than statues.

There's also so many attempts there to perpetuate the theory that the Pyramids were built merely 4000 years ago by slave labour it reeks of desperation. Even amateur Egyptologists know there's no ancient writings of theirs mentioning building the pyramids, and they kept detailed records of everything they built. If there were records, it might help people figure out how slaves were supposed to have done such a thing.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Risen]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaisyAnne

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2aaa841be17.png[/atsimg]

I cleaned up
the picture and
rotated it a little.

I still look at it and
think what the H is that?

David Grouchy

Probably represented here in his Baboon form.
Sometimes standing, sometimes seated, sometimes with traditional baboon head, sometimes with a dog's head. But, still Thoth.

Yea, I just finished playing persona 3 FES (a japanese anime rpg stle game) for the PS2, and a good deal of the "personas" were dieties of different cultures, alot of Egyptian and Greek God's/Goddess's ect.

Thier representation of THOTH was as a White Baboon.

Thought I'd throw that out there.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Nola213]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Actualy it does look like the head of a crocidile. Which mind you was one of the gods of the nile.
By the way the original inhabitants of now aday egypt before THOTH came and conquored them, were called "The children of KHEM"...they lived in caves and were the hairy men-beasts. Which THOTH conquored and taught.

Gotta read the emerald tablet to understand what really went on. Not the lies of re-written history.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Gotta read the emerald tablet to understand what really went on. Not the lies of re-written history.

I think people should be cautious and mindful of any source material, regardless of what it says. Not that I discount the emerald tablets but one needs to remember, there have been multiple translations and they all differ in some ways.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2aaa841be17.png[/atsimg]

I cleaned up
the picture and
rotated it a little.

I still look at it and
think what the H is that?

David Grouchy

That looks just like a big-headed grey alien to me.

Makes sense, since they were running wild in Egypt during the time of monolith-creation.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

They never have a problem with allowing the public to see those, and this story is another case of that. I'd think the many untouched sites he's discovered would offer much more than statues.

Have you got a link for these sites? You're guaranteed a big flag thread.

There's also so many attempts there to perpetuate the theory that the Pyramids were built merely 4000 years ago by slave labour it reeks of desperation.

The 'slaves done it' idea is a couple of decades old.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMartay
reply to post by Shadowflux

The big thing is there were never any treasures or bodies in any of the 88 pyramids in Egypt, and no they weren't robbed before we got there either.

Why would you say this? They certainly were robbed. And, yes, there have been bodies found in some pyramids.

Perhaps you should make some tiny effort into discovering what is actually known prior to pontificating. That way you look like less of an idiot.

Hawass is the frontman selling the Egyptian fairy tale, its good for business. Admitting there was an even more ancient civilisation in Egypt before the Egyptians arrived would be a very expensive revelation. Somebody would have to burn all the history books and rewrite them. Its alot easier to just keep the fairytale alive for us peasants while they just keep raking in the money.

Go ahead, then, and live in your own ignorance. Nevermind about evidence or science. You are right because you say so, and that's good enough for you.

Harte

[edit on 5/17/2010 by Harte]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ok here we go. This what ever the flock, was Toth. Toth was Enoch, even though I have heard thousands of times that Imhoetep was Enoch. So Enoch didn't even look like anything remotely human. With more to come.
Good thing I can tell when Hawass is lying. All you have to do is watch his lips. When they start mov'in, you can bet he's ly'in.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Why would i say this? Because it true for one!

www.catchpenny.org...

Much has been made of the fact that of all the pyramids of Egypt that have ever been explored, never once has the mummy of a pharaoh been found within. Mummy parts have been found in pyramids. Such discoveries include part of a mummified foot in the pyramid of Djoser; a right arm, skull fragments, and various other bones in the pyramid of Unas; an arm and shoulder in the pyramid of Teti; fragments of a mummy in the pyramid of Pepi I; mummy wrappings in the pyramid of Pepy II, and charred bones in the pyramid of Amenemhet III. In the center satellite pyramid of Menkaure, Perring and Vyse found a skeleton of a young woman in the sarcophagus within. They also found, in the main pyramid, part of a wooden coffin believed to be Menkaure's along with some mummy fragments. But never has an extant mummy been found in any pyramid, nor have any parts of a mummy been identified with certainty as those of a king. Critics of the pyramid-as-tomb theory claim that such mummy parts, rather than being detritus left after the robbers hacked away the mummies for jewels and gold, represent parts left from intrusive burials made long after the pyramid was built. Burials of this type are common in areas and tombs around the various pyramids.

You can find out quite alot if YOU care to look for yourself.

Harte, i'm really sorry mate but you've made yourself look like a bloody idiot. Get out there! Discover some things for yourself, take some time, ask the right questions, read the right books. I'll give you two to start with but i'm not sure your tiny mind could take in new information. Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock and The Giza Power Plant by Chris Dunn. Come back to me in a couple of years with a more educated opinion.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by MrMartay]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risen
There's also so many attempts there to perpetuate the theory that the Pyramids were built merely 4000 years ago by slave labour it reeks of desperation.

And Egyptologists get very tired of hammering people over the head with "no, there were no slaves involved. Even the more recent tv programs have emphasized that slaves didn't build the pyramids, but the image is so ingrained in people's minds that it seems to have a life of their own.

Even amateur Egyptologists know there's no ancient writings of theirs mentioning building the pyramids, and they kept detailed records of everything they built.

Actually, we have the names of work crews, the workers' houses and cemeteries with titles and at least one picture carved somewhere of workers levering stones into place. We have graves with their names and titles. There's records of the food given to work crews and other details (including a proposed strike by the workers over a lack of makeup (yes, really.))

However, there's no "day 1: Dear Diary -- sent Sons of Horus (Djed, Djoe, Dmani, Doru, Dhari) crew to bring 15 stones from quarry while Khunum's Krew (15 men plus PtaHotStep) set them into place" record. They didn't keep records of that type for any project.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMartay

Tomb robbing was a black market economy. Excessive wealth was as liable to theft as it is today. Thieving was clearly a popular pastime as the earliest mastaba had sliding blocks built-in to protect the contents.

Rameses IX is on record about a spate of tomb robberies. Thefts weren't limited to royal tombs either. Archaeologists rarely discover a burial that hasn't been disturbed by robbers. There are even examples of seemingly intact mummies having been 'restitched' after amulets and valuables were removed.

Theft was present during the height of Egypt's powers. Unfortunately, Giza, Thebes, Valley of the Kings etc were also left untended for centuries as political power vanished and they were left to the sands. It would be in the period where the majority of raids occurred. If you have studied the discovery of Tut's tomb, you'll realise that it's amongst the richest burials we have. That's a sad reflection of what little remains from centuries of theft.

Naturally, you can dispute the evidence that pyramids are tombs. but where are the tombs of the pharaohs and queens that are thought to have built them?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

The Valley of the Kings in Luxor, there's quite a few of the actually tombs that we see on tv or in books. Basically, they were deep holes dug into the side of a pyramid shaped mountain. Highly decorated and contained mummified corpses. This is the place where they find all of them in Egypt, none in the pyramids themselves. I have been to both Giza and Luxor on two seperate trips in one year, mainly because they are hundreds of miles apart.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Why do you people say that looks like Thoth?
That's a bear...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Why would i say this? Because it true for one!

Much has been made of the fact that of all the pyramids of Egypt that have ever been explored, never once has the mummy of a pharaoh been found within. Mummy parts have been found in pyramids. Such discoveries include part of a mummified foot in the pyramid of Djoser; a right arm, skull fragments, and various other bones in the pyramid of Unas; an arm and shoulder in the pyramid of Teti; fragments of a mummy in the pyramid of Pepi I; mummy wrappings in the pyramid of Pepy II, and charred bones in the pyramid of Amenemhet III. In the center satellite pyramid of Menkaure, Perring and Vyse found a skeleton of a young woman in the sarcophagus within. They also found, in the main pyramid, part of a wooden coffin believed to be Menkaure's along with some mummy fragments.

You can find out quite alot if YOU care to look for yourself.

So, what part of the above did you decide to ignore?

When you quote a source, you should use the "ex" in brackets at the beginning and "/ex" in brackets at the end, BTW.

Originally posted by MrMartayHarte, i'm really sorry mate but you've made yourself look like a bloody idiot. Get out there! Discover some things for yourself, take some time, ask the right questions, read the right books. I'll give you two to start with but i'm not sure your tiny mind could take in new information.

So, the pyramids weren't tombs, they are just places to stash sarcophagi, some of which contained entire bodies?

Are you aware of the materials with which the kings were buried? Do you know that some of the ones that have been found were wearing solid gold, jewel encrusted breasplates, belts, etc.?

Think about what would happen to the body if someone were to rip the breastplate off a corpse that had lain there for a hundred years and you'll realize what happened to the rest of some of these bodies.

Not to mention the gold arm bands, rings, necklaces, headgear, etc.

Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock and The Giza Power Plant by Chris Dunn. Come back to me in a couple of years with a more educated opinion.

Perhaps you should read more of Orcutt's website you linked. There's quite a bit of info there that you currently almost certainly disagree with if you believe the Pyramids and other Egyptian monuments are somehow not what they seem.

Anyway, I've read both. Hancock himself has admitted that he was wrong in that joke of a book F.O.G. (he said it was "poorly researched.")

Dunn's fantasies include depending on earth movements to generate microwaves inside the G.P. Yeah, that sounds real reliable.

If Dunn is right (and you need a psychosis to believe this,) then ask yourself, what were the hundred or so other pyramids for?

Harte

[edit on 5/18/2010 by Harte]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMartay

With one particular exception, intact tombs containing a mummy contain identification of the body. Check out the sandal label of King Den as an example.

If you think Snef, Khuf and the others are buried over in the Valley, where are they? With dozens of pyramids, that's a lot of missing tombs.

Looting has existed in Egypt since at least Rameses II. In one papyrus dating to Rameses III, they list an amazing 300lb of gold being used for public show....where's it all gone? Melted down, stolen...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join