It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Time Repeat Itself ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Have you ever thought that the past repeats itself and life is playing like a movie?

From seeing ghost pictures and such I just have a weird feeling like time just keeps on going.

As if WW1 and WW2 keep playing out on another plane of being and all of the events through the history of the universe keep repeating.

Like everything correlates to infinity. Close your eyes and watch your life play back just like everything just happened yesterday.

Go to a place in your childhood and close your eyes and see the event replay.

Do our lives keep replaying like a movie, but we have no fast fwd or rewind , but an ability to replay.

What happens when we move on. Do our marks we made in life keep playing on and on.

Do some people get stuck reliving the same life over and over in the same time space?

I have no idea if this has made any sense at all.

Fire some replies back,

Regards,

N8

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think when it comes to infinity, nothing repeats itself, there is only one direction when there infinity is involved. there will always be a new moment, and if it is the same as a previous moment it is still not that previous moment as its another one. and the information of the similar moment is that itsa new one compared to the last one, making it different even tho its the same.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You are obviously not familiar with Terrence McKenna's Timewave Zero theory.

Either search here for it or on Google, you will be enthralled for days.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
"It is not worth while to try to keep history from repeating itself, for man's character will always make the preventing of the repetitions impossible."

(Mark Twain in Eruption: Hitherto Unpublished Pages About Men and Events (1940), ed. Bernard DeVoto.)

This has since been morphed through history that he said it doesn't repeat itself. It just rhymes.

We just can't prevent the repetitions because our nature dooms us to repeat the stupidities in our human past.....

And of course Mr. Twain was always correct....

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ontariocanada
Have you ever thought that the past repeats itself and life is playing like a movie?

What would be the point? There seems to be none!

IRM

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

I think all of time is happening all at once. Like the sentence I just typed, I'm still typing back at that point in time - every part of time past, present, and future, are all occurring at the same time... our consciousness is just seeing this reality, so in retrospect I guess our consciousness is all over the place...

Hard to explain really.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Go to a place in your childhood and close your eyes and see the event replay. Do our lives keep replaying like a movie, but we have no fast fwd or rewind , but an ability to replay.

In your mind you do repeat the past events that have happened and feel exactly the same way as it is happening at present. But it is different from reality because other people with whom you were in the past have "moved on" and maybe they don't have the feel of what you are thinking anymore.

What happens when we move on. Do our marks we made in life keep playing on and on.

Things happened to us in the past do affect our lives.

Do some people get stuck reliving the same life over and over in the same time space?

I think it depends on what you are talking about.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

I think all of time is happening all at once. Like the sentence I just typed, I'm still typing back at that point in time - every part of time past, present, and future, are all occurring at the same time... our consciousness is just seeing this reality, so in retrospect I guess our consciousness is all over the place...

I know what you mean. Time, then, would be the velocity of our consciousness as consciousness moves through everything?

Observers on a circular path (time loop) would then experience time repeating itself.

After some freaky deja-vu and premonitory dreams, I've started to feel - or fear - that time repeats itself (at least for me).

What if rather than reincarnating from one life to another across time we actually repeat the same path until derailed or until some condition is met?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yes time repeats itself every 24 hours.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Your idea reminded me as a child having a cassette recorder. We would tape over a tape countless times and eventually you would hear one or more of the other recordings in the background. The same can be done with old VHS tapes. It could very well be that at certain times when people claim to see or hear spirits repeating events from the past you are witnessing a worn spot on a loop of background noise. Maybe through some earth alignment that recording is enhanced.

Just something to think about.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Ah, the "K-PAX" theory of the universe, eh?

Watch this: [Skip to 2:05 in]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
time is just a sense.. time measures change.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Time has been repeating itself for an eternity, so it seems.

I wrote an article on the subject called 'Welcome To The Machine' at www.articlesbase.com...

It covers a lot of info on how we are not only humanoids but semi-robots, stuck in an digital age of computers and programmed experiences which we cannot alter. I cover how the World was changed through time and how you should be aware to the extent of the program.
It is not a fair or just program, but one built on greed and controlism.

Would you be able to contemplate that our very thoughts are not random imagination or 'at will', but are part of our independent programs. Much of us are the same, growing up seeing the same movies, the same t.v programs, the same music, just we pick which ones are our favourites ...and all our choices make us independently a bit different, but often very similar.

Unfortunately, there is horror mixed with time repeating itself.
It has all happened before, and if we cannot change the programmed history of our Planet, or the future will change radically and become uncontrollable. Neither you or I control the program- I wish I knew just how to change it and delete many evils in history of long ago and recent, (without altering our existance)- By doing so, I could eliminate the bad things about this existance- like poverty, war, famine, disease...

Just whoever designed this Planet Earth system needs a serious change of thinking, because we as people are too comfortable with the things which distract us from the evils of our Planet Earth program. Those of us who live in the 'happy family' scenario are blissfully unaware of simply do not care enough to demand serious change to the World's program.

Mind controlling the masses through media and television is a simple way to distract people from asking too many questions and demanding change.
For example, we know that during the economic recession that the richest banksters and financial groups and corporations have been laundering money to tax havens- money which amounts to trillions of dollars which could easily create education,housing and health care for Third World countries- yet over the decades of industrial growth and financial boom, little money was invested in those areas, leading to an uneducated Third World which grew in population to become too big to help.

Why would clever politicians let this happen? Governments have the greatest thinkers who plot the outcome of population growth and work out the problems, so it boils down to greed.
Governments did very little because the richest corporations donate millions to their political campaigns and hide money in tax havens for themselves.
The elite rich and the greedy politicians thought only about the money, and the majority of politicians and elite are all the same- essentially they were racist (not caring much at all for other races), and only thinking of white rule, white power and white wealth.

Planet Earth has been controlled by the corrupt elite for a long time, and they do not want to let go of their greed and control. All former leaders and elitists have programmed our minds and thoughts, distracting us from their greed and selfishness.

Surely within time we can free our minds from the televisions, luxuries, drink and drugs and other distractions to focus on what our past World leaders haven't done to fix problems across the World, and to demand that change.
So far they are getting away with evil, selfishness, greed -and that won't change if the majority are asleep and not able to get emotional about these problems.

Who knows what the future has in store for us- it is almost as predictable as history itself...
We shouldn't let the elite be the deciders, or it all goes wrong for an eternity.
The awakening of the majority is the next revolution...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Hard to explain really.

wow! a great assumption. I think the same as well.
Im begining to think "the past is still going on and the future is right now
Time is a fantastic mathematical allegory.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

If anyone is interested, I'd like to revive this thread. I like the comment about K-Pax theory, because that's where I first heard this idea. Then I found that there are similar theories - timewave zero, string theory, etc.

Frighteningly, it makes sense on some levels. It would go a long way to explaining precognition and deja-vu. It also makes more sense that the soul would perfect itself by repeating the same life to correct mistakes. I prefer to think we move on - I would hate to keep repeating this life, but am scared by the logic of the theory.

Anybody have any more thoughts on this?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I have believed that life does repeat itself. I look at the universe as a mathematical possibility. Since the current present moment is the result of all of the past moments to a point and continues to change for eternity, it is logical to assume one day this moment will happen again. If a monkey was randomly typing on a keyboard for eternity, it would eventually type an entire Shakespeare play, all by random chance. If given enough time the entire sequence would happen again and again. All you would need to do is filter out everything else leaving only the play. Energy can not be either created nor destroyed, but can only change form. Given enough time everything that is possible will happen again and again. This means everything that is possible in my life will happen again and again. Its a giant cycle of eternal possibilities. Every choice I've made, or even been given, will change again and again. I will live this life in every possible way for an eternity. I think of it like static on an old analog TV. If I record the static there are times where one frame of static will resemble or even be the exact same picture as another frame. I also believe there could be realities beyond ours that are the exact same as ours. If you were able to zoom out large enough you would see the same reality again and again. Sometimes slightly different, sometimes dramatically different. But all the time you would find a reality that is a possibility. Same concept would apply if you could zoom in to a point the location you are viewing is no longer part of this reality. To me, eternity can hold many infinite universes. As far as time goes, I believe time keeps everything from happening all at once just like space keeps everything from happening all in the same place. I also think that every possibility is happening at the same time, but in a different frequency but I'm not going to get in to that, unless someone actually cares what I think. Thanks for reading. Have a great day, because this day will happen again and again and again for eternity (and if you have a bad day, there is another frequency/dimension where you had a good day).

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: InfaRedMan

There would be actually. If it is a learning process and the people of the time where elevated to say the next spiritual level then it would make perfect sense. Then the next batch comes along to go through the same process. We appear to be in the Kali Yuga the time ending period, that is why the World is falling apart and then it will be repeated. I reckon that is why we find out of time artifacts that point to the world and civilization being much older than previously thought.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Have you read Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut? In it an alien is trying to convey the true nature of time to a human. He says something like, "Imagine looking at huge mountain, but not the entire mountain at one time. Instead you are using binoculars and scanning the scene from left to right. First you may see a rock, then a tree, then a bear, and so on. When the tree was out of veiw it was still still there right? That's how humans observe time; one bit at a time, one bit after the other. Us aliens have learened to take off the binoculars and see the entire mountain all at once." I'm no Vonnegut but it was really cool to think about after I read it and you're idea reminded me of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Yes time certainly repeats itself on a daily basis that's why we have clocks...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ontariocanada

Time isn't real
It's something we made up to help us

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join