It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Wikileak founder's passport confiscated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Australian Wikileak founder's passport confiscated

www.smh.com.au

Julian Assange, the Australian founder of the whistleblower website Wikileaks, says he had his passport taken away from him at Melbourne Airport and was later told by customs officials that it was about to be cancelled.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad0b1bb1d4db.png[/atsimg]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well it looks as if someone is finally trying to stop this dude. It's clear to some people that he is a massive threat and his organisation is NOT a cointel pro group set up by some secret service. Wikileaks is legit and Wikileaks is now being hunted down. Forget the stalkings we read about... Assange can't travel, how long before the rest of them are tracked as well?

Comment copy/pasted from the article:

Every politician that utters the phrase "transparent governance" or "open and honest government" in the election campaigns must put their support behind this website. Australians love to show what they are made of on the sporting field, now it is time to show ourselves on the world political stage as having courage, strength and integrity. We must not merely tolerate this site, but promote it. Simply by being there, it will provide an added incentive for large companies, governments, sporting teams and religious organisations to act in a more responsible and humane way.

Posted By: securitythreatmyarse - May 17, 2010, 9:03AM

www.smh.com.au

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

It wasnt confiscated he is going through the standard procedure of receiving a new passport when your old one is too tattered and worn to be useable.
He will receive his newly printed passport within two weeks...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The article made it sound as if his passport was actually canceled...

It even says: 'he was told it was canceled'.

Suckered into sensationalism. SMH.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Rajaten was being sarcastic.

Wikileaks has upset the Aussie government by publishing the proposed list of sites to be banned from Australian internet under the new government censorship program.

We are not meant to know that many sites on it are offensive only to the government and have nothing to do with children or sex.

The government not only wants to engage in wholesale censorship, they want to make it impossible for us to even find out the sites they are hiding from us exist.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
What passes for government in Australian is worse than its English, American, and Canadian counteparts. And it all flows like a poisoned river from Pine Gap into the rest of the country.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
What passes for government in Australian is worse than its English, American, and Canadian counteparts. And it all flows like a poisoned river from Pine Gap into the rest of the country.

Are you Australian, to have such insight?

What are you saying flows from Pine Gap?

Why should a river from Pine Gap be poisonous?

I understand you are speaking in metaphors, but the metaphor is so unclear I don't know if you have legitimate gripes or just feel like dissing a foreign government.

[edit on 16/5/10 by Kailassa]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Pine Gap is part of a world wide NSA signals interception system co-ordinated with the USA, UK, Canada, (NZ may or may not still involved, they were. If they are not, it doesn't matter) There are others. The NSA intercepts pretty much anything sent by radio. Computers process the vast amount of information through certain filters looking for names, events, places, concepts, etc. At some point if interesting enough, a person gets involved and evaluates its value and application.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Hey, pretty much the entire northwest to north central coast of Australia has SOMETHING interesting - it's not just Pine Gap.

Out on the most northwestern bits, it's all VLF stations for subs.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Guys, this thread isn't about Pine Gap.

Please stay on topic with Wikileaks and the passport issue, thanks.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

Are you Australian, to have such insight?

What are you saying flows from Pine Gap?

Why should a river from Pine Gap be poisonous?

I understand you are speaking in metaphors, but the metaphor is so unclear I don't know if you have legitimate gripes or just feel like dissing a foreign government.

[edit on 16/5/10 by Kailassa]

Do only the Aussies and Canucks have the right to criticize their government?I sure see a lot of "foreigners" on this site criticizing Americans for their political beliefs.

I suppose it must really irritate Aussies to realize they are not as free as they or their country would allow them to believe they are.

After they start censuring the internet,what next?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Well, serbsta, I said it back here to you they would go after him.

I am in no way surprised whatsoever.

He should have known better than try to travel after the things he brings out on Wikileaks.

It was only a matter of time before this would happen and now he's screwed.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Im from Australia and i absolutely agree that the quality of our government gets worse with every election.they are a bunch of gutless globalist grubs that would sell there own granmother for a percentage

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

Do only the Aussies and Canucks have the right to criticize their government?I sure see a lot of "foreigners" on this site criticizing Americans for their political beliefs.

I suppose it must really irritate Aussies to realize they are not as free as they or their country would allow them to believe they are.

After they start censuring the internet,what next?

I was asking why Pellevoisin was saying the Australian government was worse than the American, Canadian and English governments.
A statement like that needs some backing up.

There are things wrong with Australia which I would have been happy to discuss with Pellevoisin if she'd shown she had something more than prejudice to bring to the table.

Rather than being irritated about freedom being taken away in Australia I'm working bloody hard, along with many others, to try and stop this censorship happening. So far it has been delayed, and both public and media opinion are turning against it.

Freedom is never a done deal.
Society will have no more freedom than people force their governments to give it.
Your founding fathers knew that.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'm glad you posted this.

TPTB must know we are watching them.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Rajaten was being sarcastic.

No he/she wasn't. He stated the exact process.

The old one will be canceled when it has been replaced. This is a service of the Australian Government to ensure your passport isn't falling apart. Everybody who has a worn passport goes through the same process.

There is absolutely NOTHING sinister about it. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

Nothing to see here, please move on.

edit: grammar

[edit on 17/5/2010 by rnaa]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I figured after the Collateral Damage video that it was only a matter of time before they really started nailing these dudes... Sad it has to be that way!.. Hopefully they'll get the other video released before it gets shut down!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
From the OP Article Link:

The Age has been told that Assange's passport is classified ''normal'' on the immigration database, meaning the Wikileaks director can travel freely on it.

If his passport has been replaced for a new one - *puts on conspiracy hat* - I'd be looking for some form of monitoring mechanism under the photo.
I cant imagine them not wanting to keep an eye on him whilst he's here and his associations.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If his passport was just being renewed why did they prevent him from travelling. They took it away from him at the airport.
Does it occur to anybody that as far as false flag attacks go, Australia is the prime place where fallout wouldn't affect Europe. It would stay pretty much in the southern hemisphere. I mean even Iceland's volcano eruption disrupted Europe considerably.
The ptb have a lot of reason to hate him. The man behind Wikileaks after what Wikileaks did to their global warming scam.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by m khan]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Well it looks as if someone is finally trying to stop this dude. It's clear to some people that he is a massive threat and his organisation is NOT a cointel pro group set up by some secret service. Wikileaks is legit and Wikileaks is now being hunted down. Forget the stalkings we read about... Assange can't travel, how long before the rest of them are tracked as well?

Comment copy/pasted from the article:

Every politician that utters the phrase "transparent governance" or "open and honest government" in the election campaigns must put their support behind this website. Australians love to show what they are made of on the sporting field, now it is time to show ourselves on the world political stage as having courage, strength and integrity. We must not merely tolerate this site, but promote it. Simply by being there, it will provide an added incentive for large companies, governments, sporting teams and religious organisations to act in a more responsible and humane way.

Posted By: securitythreatmyarse - May 17, 2010, 9:03AM

www.smh.com.au

There afraid of this guy especially what is allowed to leak onto his site. I love wikileaks, it showed the hypocrisy and how the rich and powerful truly worked in the world (remember the money laundering).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join