It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most homoerotic movie moments ever!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
post by whaaa

"Polyester" looks brilliant, can't wait to see it!
Another strange scene with heroically covered male-frontals is "Beowulf".
The mythical character non-chalantly strips before his men, as the poor female princess flees. Then he confronts the equally nude Grendel for some terminal wrestling.
And boy are his comrades impressed as they cheer (about the death of Grendel, of course).

susty.com...enis-head-band-arm-cover-dick-zemekis-movie-hollywood-image.jpg
Despite the carefully controlled nudity, it was actually a family-orientated fantasy.
I see on the web that some viewers were surprised to find that the nudity is not explicitly mentioned in the original Beowulf poem. Similarly the homoeroticism in "Rocknrolla" doesn't serve much purpose as far as characterization goes. I'm glad it's there and non-stereotyical - but it does make me wonder why it's there at all.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
"The Four Feathers" - could be more, could be less, but another great reason to always miss Heath Ledger: www.filmcritic.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I just remembered another great movie that could kinda belong here - Top of the Food Chain aka Invasion!

It's a satire of old sf movies and I don't have the words to do this odd little marvel of moviemaking justice. It features one of the greatest love triangles ever - Dr. Karel LaMonte, Sandy Fawkes and her brother Guy.

Dr. Lamonte, Guy and others investigate 'the remains of a dead human corpse, deceased, in the hilly, lumpy, bumpy part of town outside of town'....

One of those fan vids that sorta outlines the movie (spoilerific but you're probably not going to find this movie at blockbuster so whatever). I'll remind you that this is a satire, so there's something to offend just about everyone.

I love this film.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Duzey]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Perhaps a different approach to the subject matter, but the first scene was brilliant. Ha, ha can't wait to see the movie!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Seems to me as I review the film snippets throughout the thread that masculinity is always a conceived as "loss" - loss of history, loss of physical attractiveness, loss of authority. But in that loss there is a kind of stubborness, or refusal to let go of the moment. A constant nostalgia.
And death seems so heroic.
But that's just film.

The point has often been made about photography.
I remember, they used to say, take polaroids, they age with the family!
But like sepia tainted images, they remind one how quickly the time flies.

But in all those "hells" that history made, there was always that timeless moment.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Bound was pretty hot....

Dip me in honey & throw me to the lesbians

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You beat me to it with "Sirens" and "Bound".

I seem to recall a tad bit of heat generated in "Even Cowgirls Get The Blues". Giant thumb notwithstanding, I seem to recall Uma Thurman and Rain Phoenix gettin' saucy.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
As far as military based, not sure if anyone has mentioned Alexander yet. Fried Green tomatoes is another one. When Mary Louise Parker is watching Mary Stuart Materson collect honey its pretty obvious whats on her mind lol. Very sad movie though, such as any unrequited love.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well the top two have already been mentioned: Top Gun's volleyball scene and all of 300. I would toss out The Warriors for honorable mention.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Warhol.....

need I say more??www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I MUST SCREAM MY HETEROSEXUALITY... before plunging into your filthy abyss!!!

My god, as a straight guy Tim Curry nearly turned me - I love Rocky Horror and I will rate anything by John Waters very highly... it's a tough one to call and I think some mainstream movies do it very well, without it ever being overt to the masses (Top Gun).

It's not really erotic, but one of the most touching scenes I saw was towards the end of The Shield, when Vic Mackey and Ronnie Gardocki are in the car and Ronnie goes on this long speech about how he thought they were going to run away together. :'(

I've got to say I thought Clash Of The Titans was getting there - terrible film though.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Milk

I'm straight. There was nothing to do but watch TV and it was the only thing on.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
okay Bound Awesome movie

here's my offering Thoroughbreds Don't Cry

Judy Garland can't even get a handshake

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Top Gun, hands down. Wierd when you watch it now, in the eighties as a kid it was one of my favourites, and in no way crossed my mind as being gay... Also had one of the best lines ever:

"I'm going supersonic, I'll be there in thirty seconds" or something like that.

Ever so slightly more obvious, I Love You Phillip Morris. Very funny, if not a little appetite destroying...

Sendran.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I recently saw a classic military movie called The Dirty Dozen.
Oh my hat!
Well here is a snippet that has everything: eye-candy (and for once in film, a hunky Native American), wrestling, domination, camaraderie, a split dialogue which stresses personal freedom rather than the "family" as central to manhood, facial hair and an almost tangible aroma of masculinity.
Otherwise the current comedy series about football, Blue Mountain State always ends with a homoerotic irony.
It suggests that we have reached the point where homoeroticism is self-aware, and no longer just for those in "the know".
But lets go four decades back, indeed, The Dirty Dozen:

edit on 22-11-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm not gay so I'm not sure if this counts or not?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

At least they had separate beds...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thanks for that. It is just so adorable.

I vaguely recall that there were conservative protests against Sesame Street, as well as Spongebob and The Teletubbies.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

All students of indy films and filmmakers, study Anger for his lighting, transitions, camera angles to suggest, in this case homoerotism. Anger was a pioneer along with Warhol and DeSica in pioneering new ways of looking at moving images.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-11-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Theres something for everyone in this clip!
Jane Russell

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join