It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of girls dancing in lingerie causes internet row

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I;m pretty sure that everybody in here has watch the show "taboo" in the discovery channel. What do we learn from that? That everything is PERCEPTION! I hate vegetable but you love it. Do I think that you are crazy are out your mind and should be put to death because you like something that you don't like? Of course not!!!

When I first saw this video, I was like WOW. This girls can dance!!! I didn't even pay attention to the way they were dressed until I started reading the comments.

Of course it all starts with one person wanting attention.
one person wanting attention: " Oh my god, look at the way they are dressed, their parents should be ashamed. Pedophiles will be all over this"
Then everybody else: " OMG, this is disgusting. You are right. this should be banned".
one person wanting attention: " yes, I am now famous. Oprah should be calling me any time soon"

If you watch shows in Brazil, Dominican Republic and other countries where girls do the same, should those countries be banned out of the face of the earth?

This is the home of the free, but it looks to me that anything you do is criticized. I call that HYPOCRISY!

In my opinion, and this is only my opinion, if you look at this video for the first time, without and subjective title, and you start worrying about pedophiles seeing in this any kind of sexual related motive, YOU NEED TO CHECK YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU ARE THINKING LIKE A PEDOPHILE, so something must be wrong with you.

Do you think that in any way this video is going to make pedophile more aggressive in any way? If your answer is yes, then we would have to lock in our houses our little girls and boys until they are 18. No going to the beach or swimming pool, specially in a bathing suit.

When I look at Beyonce's video, I am like wow, what a body, what a woman!! Not even paying attention to the dance. Does that mean that I'm going to go out side and rape the first woman that I see?

Since I am not a pedo, nor do I think like one, looking at this video and knowing is a dance competition, all I'm paying attention is to the dance.

So, like I said, everything is how you perceive things and what you are looking for. Do you look at the sky and see something flying and immediately think is a ufo? that is what you are looking for and hoping to see, not what really is.

In my opinion. Nothing wrong with the video unless you make seem that way!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
well when i first watched it To me it was just kids dancing well I mite add .
but after much thought I have to aggree if it had been my little girl I wouldnt have had a problem untill i saw the dance with taht outfit.
every one can argue all they want about how its just kids dancing and there RIGHT problem is many many see much more then just kids dancing now if your a good parent and relize if many precive it this way then just maybe its not a good idea It doesnt matter if I onlys ee kids dancing.
The fact is every ones RIGHT the same kind of song and the same kind of clothing is used in strip clubs .
so I can see were many would find the idea of this offencive .
yes to me it was just cut kids dancing but to many have stated other wise to ignore and no I dont think there pedos I just think there conserned pedos may see this dance as provocative and how can I honstly say they wouldnt when the dance and clothing are the same thing used in provocative places such as strip clubs .
wich by the way also do nothing for me I know I went a few times thought man this is such a wast of time tell me just what is the point to a strip club anyway? is taht really turn people on? why? its not like your pretisapating ? now in the bed room I could see taht being fun but let me tell you i wouldnt be watching Ibd be dancing with her during the strip.
gods at my age even a bear boob doesnt do it man its just another boob .

[edit on 17-5-2010 by xxcalbier]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thegrayone

Yeah I guess when a dad tells his daughter that he doesn't want her to go out in that short mini skirt with her ass hanging out he's a pedophile. You're an idiot.

And we wonder why there is so much sexualization of kids in our society. Those are just cute little dance moves?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The whole idea that anyone who sees the sexuality of these kids in this particular performance is actually the disturbed persons is asinine.

Let's put it this way. If this group were all a bunch of 21 year old well-endowed models, doing the same thing, in the same outfits, would it not be considered sexy, sexual or downright erotic? Of course it would!

That is a major criteria I use for defining appropriate. If an adult in the same situation would be considered sexy, it is inappropriate for a child. Children should not be made to be, appear or behave 'sexy.'

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I have to disagree here. These girls were in a performance not meant to be viewed by millions, and I took ballet at 6, the performances where wonderful. Dance is an art, and some kids are not only talented but its their dream.

The video has been removed so I couldn't watch it but I clicked into the link and wore far more scanty as I was growing up. That is something my parents raised me to be free and liberal, and I'm suspicous of everything that is put on public agendas now as being by design. My friends parents kept her in very old fashioned modest clothes.

I prefered mine, thank you very much.

Girls dont think people should be looking at them the wrong way, the onus is on the viewer to not have strange thoughts. Kids arent sexy.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Read that post right above yours... blows yours out of the water.

I agree with you that dancing is an art form.

Real dancers are amazing to watch. Any boozed out 21 year old in a night club can perform that routine however.

Being 7 years old and attempting to shake breasts that you don't have is not art. Being 7 years old and attempting to shake your butt that has not developed is not art. And when you take out the chest and booty shaking, what exactly did these girls do? Spun around and a high kick. Yeah, they're destined for greatness lol

Being 7 years old, dressing up in scantily clad outfits, then performing a stripper routine for grown ups is not art.

That's what the Pope calls a gift from God. / bad joke

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by wookiee

I do expect them to copy it. That is sort of the problem. The fact that the parents condone it is what really bothers me. If it were 15 year olds, I could almost understand. These girls are under the age of ten however. I find it appalling that you write it off as a non issue.

Are they your children?

Oh, right, they're not.

It is interesting to note that, your "outrage" knows no bounds in regards to some kids dancing...but you probably have no trouble buying clothing for your children that were produced by children in the most degrading of workplaces.

Irony.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Pedo alert! Pedo Alert! Pedo Alert! LMAO!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by RestingInPieces

I am not a paedophile - have you read my posts?

I am a protector of kids.

Lol, you're a "protector of kids?"

That's a polite way of saying "Hi, I am a tyrant that lives by a subjective moral code, and if I catch you doing something that offends my sensibilities I will react in the most rash of manners; and I will be sure to strip you of your natural rights in the process."

Anyone who proclaims to be the "protector" of anything is most like your worst enemy.

[edit on 5/17/2010 by dalan.]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by dalan.

Pedo alert! Pedo Alert! Pedo Alert! LMAO!

Yeah dude, you should see the way my avatar looks at me after I've logged off and no one is around.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tellmemoreok

I dunno...I think those girls have a lot of talent...maybe a little young for those moves though..if we protest something I think we should protest This video.

Yes we really should be protesting that...at approximately 1:06 the guy bends down and you can see his junk.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

That is one of the problems. When do we draw the line?

Do you have kids? Well there's your line...now don't cross and leave every other person's children alone, and maybe we can finally kill these ridiculous threads. I am tired of feeling like I am living in a Country of annoyingly conservative, nanny-State-mentality tyrants.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by kiwifoot

Hi Kiwi, you are so right!

Let us stand by our children in this country, and not do what this post is about, and let us save all children on the planet.

Let our children be innocent, cared for and loved.

hAha!

I love it, "if you let your kids engage in activities that I find morally degrading then you must not love them."

All aboard the Logical Fallacy train.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
Do you have kids? Well there's your line...now don't cross and leave every other person's children alone, ...

Exactly people! Stop criticizing the slutification of our children. Just quietly care for your own kids and let society degrade until total chaos and anarchy rule completely. Then society will come after your sweet kids by force.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Originally posted by dalan.
Do you have kids? Well there's your line...now don't cross and leave every other person's children alone, ...

Exactly people! Stop criticizing the slutification of our children. Just quietly care for your own kids and let society degrade until total chaos and anarchy rule completely. Then society will come after your sweet kids by force.

Slippery Slope

In debate or rhetoric, a slippery slope (sometimes misstated as thin edge of the wedge, or the camel's nose) is a classical informal fallacy. A slippery slope argument states that a relatively small first step inevitably leads to a chain of related events culminating in some significant impact, much like an object given a small push over the edge of a slope sliding all the way to the bottom.[1] The fallacious sense of "slippery slope" is often used synonymously with continuum fallacy, in that it ignores the possibility of middle ground and assumes a discrete transition from category A to category B. Modern usage avoids the fallacy by acknowledging the possibility of this middle ground.

Logical Fallacies

Is the pot calling the kettle black? Its interesting to note that, the people who become the most indignant over an issue are often the same people using force.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hmm, well I don't see a problem with the video and I think the typical pageant is much much worse. They dress them up like dolls, can be super strict, and start at any age. That is repressive. At least this is not going backwards wearing frilly dresses.

Enjoyment is probably the most important thing. If they aren't, then of course they shouldn't be doing this. I'm guessing they'd rather be doing this then the dress thing.

Even though we'd consider the moves sexual, they don't. It's probably akin to participating in sports.

The younger you start doing something, the better you'll be at it as well. Violinists can start early and outperform adults even before they're teenagers. If you're going to dance, might as well start early and enjoy it. Winning a pageant isn't relevant to our society. This, for better or worse, is relevant since the Single Ladies video by Beyonce was one of the best in the last couple years.

And as far as brain development and that sorta thing, scientists find the cerebellum is larger in musicians when they start younger. That kinda performance really is a brain exercise as much as it is physical exercise. Better than what most girls at that age do.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
The whole idea that anyone who sees the sexuality of these kids in this particular performance is actually the disturbed persons is asinine.
I wouldn't use the word disturbed, but how does someone know what would appeal to a pedophile, unless they are either a pedophile or a doctor who studies pedophiles? I think that's a valid question.

ut it this way. If this group were all a bunch of 21 year old well-endowed models, doing the same thing, in the same outfits, would it not be considered sexy, sexual or downright erotic? Of course it would!
OK lets ask the question another way. Three of the 21 year olds are shapely, and three of the 21 year olds are morbidly obese. Could the three shapely girls be considered sexy? Well yes but because they are sexy by our definition of having a shapely body, even if they don't move. Are the three morbidly obese 21 year olds sexy? Well maybe to someone they are, but to me personally, and I suspect a lot of people, probably not. Wearing that skimpy outfit will actually make them look less sexy. So what have we learned from this? It's the shapely body that makes them sexy, not the outfit.

Children should not be made to be, appear or behave 'sexy.'
Children aren't sexy. To me. Neither are the morbidly obese 21 year old dancers wearing the same outfit, to me.

Originally posted by Unity_99
Girls dont think people should be looking at them the wrong way, the onus is on the viewer to not have strange thoughts. Kids arent sexy.

I have to agree, kids aren't sexy and I have to wonder about people that think they are sexy or that they "appear" sexy. If people see these kids as sexy there's definitely something going on in their heads that's not going on in my head, I'm not seeing it as sexy at all.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Thankfully, I cannot view the video, as it has been removed, but based on the comments, I am appalled that parents would allow children to do such a thing. There are already too many elements in society trying to sexualize our children, and we do not need the parents becoming part of the problem. Children can dance without acting like grown women with loose morals. In a case like this, I would go so far as to say that maybe charges should be filed against the parents, and any other adults that helped this happen. Completely sick.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by v3_exceed

Because you know the parents had ANYTHING to do with the costumes. You have zero sense of rational. It's a dance routine people.

Excuse me, when kids are this age, the parents take them for lessons, and know exactly what the costumes for such a production will look like before the show. They probably also took their kids for fittings, so YES, they knew ahead of time what the routine, and costumes would look like.

If they had protested enough about the costumes looking like lingerie, they would have been changed!

Having had 2 daughters go through formal ballet, I can assure you that you are 100% wrong. The parents bring them into the class in basic leotards and the correct shoes, the schools do the fittings. Kids at this level are not entrusted with the actual costumes, especially for something at a production level such as this. The parents may have been at dress rehearsals maybe not.

Secondly protesting the costume would not get the costumes changed, but might get your child excluded from an otherwise important moment in her life.

The costumes look nothing like lingerie, a swimsuit reveals more, and dare I say that if you think this is lingerie you really need to shop more. I suspect that you are just jealous of these young girls and using this as an opportunity to vent. Back to your bridge now.

..Ex

You are so wrong on this. My niece takes dancing, and I can assure you that my sister would never allow such costuming and behavior. Any parent that did not know ahead of time what their child would be wearing, or what the routine would be, is negligent. Calling such an exhibition an important moment is completely missing the point. How is it an important moment for a little girl to be looked at as a sex object? Seriously! Do you really think any mother is jealous of these kids? Jealous? Not even close. We moms are appalled that any parent would allow their daughters to be ogled in such a fashion. Treating this sort of thing as normal behavior only makes children easier victims, and their victimization more acceptable.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Lady... you do realize that people using the dark theme have serious issues reading what you type right?

I can almost see in macro mode now considering the effort my eyes have done to read it... lol

As for the others...

I smell hypocrisy all over... but oh well..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join