It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of girls dancing in lingerie causes internet row

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I didn't think too much of the dance. I've seen the best, though, and I'm a tough crowd.

Saying it was in bad taste is appropriate. I don't think these girls picked these outfits from a catalog with their eyes beaming, and I wonder what the parents said. Scratch that, I'm sure the parents are the ones who drove their child to these extremes to begin with.

I think this is tantamount to the pageant-goer phenomena. Perhaps benign or ignorantly misguided, but damaging nonetheless.

Worst of all, this video perpetuates the myth that Beyonce's work is actual music.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

I see your point, I myself think Beyonce is a bit "pushed" by society to do certain things and act certain ways, it's part of the reason she's so popular.

I could say the same thing about Rihanna, look at when she first came to the scene, and now look at her.

If you watch this video, you can see Beyonce really is talented, and loves music. It could change your view on her.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
If you look at it as it should be viewed you would only see some very young children in swim suites.

How can you ignore the context, though? Are these kids on a beach? Are they in a swimming pool? Are they dancing to a song promoting peace? Are they at a carnival with their friends?

[...]

This video is of children dancing get over it.

This is a video showing us that children are dangerously close to losing their innocence; it is blurring the line between their transition from childhood to teenage to adulthood.

[edit on 17/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Put make up on your baby daughter, dress her in revealing clothes, enter her in a competition...

Do not cry when a paedophile kills her.

I am sorry to say this and I do not wish it to happen, but there seem to be a lot of mothers in America who do this.

Also, it tells them their only worth is their looks - another can of worms.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Put make up on your baby daughter, dress her in revealing clothes, enter her in a competition...

Do not cry when a paedophile kills her.

I am sorry to say this and I do not wish it to happen, but there seem to be a lot of mothers in America who do this.

Also, it tells them their only worth is their looks - another can of worms.

You aren't suggesting that parents should raise their kids with the idea that a good personality, creativity and determination are more important than looks and sex appeal are you? I don't know what planet you are from, but apparently here on Earth good looks and sex appeal are more admirable.

/sarcasm off

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I don't really see what the drama's about.

I didn't see anything really sexual in the dance, and also the song isn't sexual, contrairy to what the reporter claimed.

"If you like it then you should've put a ring on it"

Not really sexual.

Off course, the girls were a bit underdressed maybe, but I guess it all depends on your perception.

I see talented young girls, doing pop dance, wearing dancing outfits.

Others see something sexual in it.

I just hope the parents aren't pushing these young girls too much.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Yeah, Earth values are the best.

Huh

No wonder the aliens don't want to come here (just heard the latest alien told she had to come here had a mental breakdown and went to the moon instead... and we know that is Siberia, poor thing, hope she is OK soon).

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Even if you leave morals out of this, the costume choice was a poor match for the dancers. Those kinds of costumes literally are designed for dancers with figures - figures these 8 year old kids do not have.

The end result is that the kids look silly and it's hard to take them seriously. Which is a shame because they are fantastic dancers.

What the kids should have worn was something that plays on their youth which contrasts with the adult like theme of the song. Dress them up as little girls in the play ground, pig tails, bows in hair, lolly-pops, etc.

It would have been cute and a little humorous that way. But the burlesque outfits just don't work and are a depressing choice.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

I would like to make a serious point - I believe in the talent of young people and it should be nurtured and encouraged.

Do not sexualize your kids - let them dance or sing as the kids they are, not made up, just wearing kid things (although that will not stop paedophiles - but only vigilance stops them - honestly, you always have to watch).

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Not only is beauty in the eye of the beholder, but so is sexuality.

Stories like this one always bring the masked closet pedos out en masse. It's funny to see them try to rationalize their way our of their own sick thoughts.

Do you really think the little girls' focus while dancing is on the sexualization of their "front private" or "back private"? When they gyrate back and forth, are they associating the movement with something sexual... or are you?

I think you need to ask yourself who exactly is sexualizing what here.

In an ironic twist, you say:

"Oh, but I'm just trying to show that pedophiles will see it as sexual!"

While in the meantime, you are the one viewing it as sexual.

Perverts, the lot of you.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

I am not a paedophile - have you read my posts?

I am a protector of kids.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

I am a protector of kids.

Didn't Michael Jackson used to say something similar?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Let me say something about Michael Jackson, RIP.

Michael was a kid - do you want to know why?

He never had a proper childhood.

And I believe that he was just a child, who liked the company of other children.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
If these kids aren't careful, they may find themselves being signed up for Disney.

Im serious!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I would like to something else - I am a woman, and a protecter of people.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Not only is beauty in the eye of the beholder, but so is sexuality.

Stories like this one always bring the masked closet pedos out en masse. It's funny to see them try to rationalize their way our of their own sick thoughts.

Do you really think the little girls' focus while dancing is on the sexualization of their "front private" or "back private"? When they gyrate back and forth, are they associating the movement with something sexual... or are you?

I think you need to ask yourself who exactly is sexualizing what here.

In an ironic twist, you say:

"Oh, but I'm just trying to show that pedophiles will see it as sexual!"

While in the meantime, you are the one viewing it as sexual.

Perverts, the lot of you.

Cowardly and shallow line of reasoning which states anybody that objects to these videos are themselves paedophiles. What about people that value letting kids be kids? Not pushing them to grow up, allowing them to dress and act like kids. Telling them that their minds, creativity and personality are much more valuable assets than any make-up, lack of clothes or dance moves. Encouraging them to use their minds, NOT their bodies, to gain attention and make friends.

Did any of those things cross your mind?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Hi Paul,

They could find themselves rich and wrecked - OMG

Why am I even talking to that person who says I am a ped???

I always like talking to you because you know what you are talking about.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Is that all you have? That weak, cowardly and shallow line of reasoning which states anybody that objects to these videos are themselves paedophiles? What about people that value letting kids be kids? Not pushing them to grow up, allowing them to dress and act like kids. Telling them that their minds, creativity and personality are much more valuable assets than any make-up, lack of clothes or dance moves. Encouraging them to use their minds, NOT their bodies, to gain attention and make friends.

Did any of those things cross your mind?

Let me guess, your kids have zero talent and you hide behind that loathsome defeatism that you call reasoning to make yourself feel like a better parent?

Plus, you got it all wrong. I didn't suggest that anyone who objects to the video is a pedophile. I said that anyone who views the girls as sexual objects are pedophiles, by definition. There are plenty of other reasons to object to the video that wouldn't make you a pedophile.

This thread almost reads like a bunch of pedophiles in denial who are placing their skewed ideas of sexuality on someone or something else.

... and you, I think you protest too much if you know what I mean.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Just curious:

Encouraging them to use their minds, NOT their bodies, to gain attention and make friends.

Would you say the same if these girls were doing a ballet recital?

It seems that the problem is the perceived sexual undertone in the girls' dance, wich is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Let me guess, your kids have zero talent and you hide behind that loathsome defeatism that you call reasoning to make yourself feel like a better parent?
Keep guessing.

Plus, you got it all wrong. I didn't suggest that anyone who objects to the video is a pedophile. I said that anyone who views the girls as sexual objects are pedophiles, by definition. There are plenty of other reasons to object to the video that wouldn't make you a pedophile.

But you were suggesting that the only thing wrong with this video is those who see it as kids being sexualised. Then you went on to associate denouncing the sexualisation of children with being a paedophile.

This thread almost reads like a bunch of pedophiles in denial who are placing their skewed ideas of sexuality on someone or something else.

If you are unable to make arguments and support them, do not make such bold statements about others that you do not even know. Most people that have objected to this video have given plausible reasons why they do so.

... and you, I think you protest too much if you know what I mean.

Protesting is a waste of time. Political Correctness is a waste of time. Have a look at the title of thread. Surely you didn't expect 100% of people to come in here and say "nothing wrong there, just kids being kids"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join