It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OILPOCALYPSE!? (lets get real)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by insideNSA

Do yourself a favor and respond after you watch those videos...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You ask several times for someone to do the math for you, then you give the diameter of the pipe and want to know, how much oil is spilled. I liked math more than physique in school, but I did OK in both. You dont seem to.
You cant calculate how much water is released from a garden hose directly from its diameter. You also need to know the pressure of the gushing water. Its measurement for the spill is in gallons per day or barrels per day per diameter of the pipe. In other words, if there were a simple meter for that number somewhere, we would all be very much wiser and everyone could do that simple math and stell exactly how much oil is pilled into the gulf on a daily basis. Like you proposed. Only there is no such meter.

If you try to estimate that number using mathematical calculations, you will need a lot of data about pressure inside the reservoir, the difference in pressure from the surrounding sea water, and some useful hydrokinetic models about how water and oil exactly interact given those unusual settings.
Which is tricky in and on itself. There are people, who are trying to calculate those models, but this id far from simple math. And the current estimates were, last I checked between 60.000 and 100.000 Barrels a day.

With a about 40% extra methane.

Since 71 days, possibly stopping mid august, which would be about 40 more days. 110 days times 70.000 barrels as a low moderate estimate would be 7 and half million of crude all in all, if the relief wells get finished in time.
Plus about 3 million of natural gas and an undisclosed number of glorified liquid soap named Corexit, which will have had been sprayed also in the millions of barrels by mid-august, mainly for PR reasons and to hide legal liabilities.

Even your most optimistic comparisons have the amount of oil spill during the gulf war as a probale scale for what is happening along the gulf spill. I dont see, what is assuring with that. Or, btw, that only 5000 guys died after Tchernobyl, and a part of it as a result of the destruction of their life. While dealing withan explosive rise in Leucamia amongst children. I dont understand your way of telling people, that all is fine. I simply dont get it.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Do yourself a favor and respond after you watch those videos...

First off its funny how you NEVER ANSWERED MY QUESTION...

Your original premise was that this oil volcano wasn't that bad.
I asked you repeatedly...

Wasn't the point of your thread that it isn't that bad? You not answering basically shows that I am right and you are wrong. Also... do you notice how almost everyone agrees with me and doesn't agree with you. btw that's a rhetorical question.

So what we found out about mr ignoranceIsBliss is that ignorance truly is bliss. you weren't man or woman enough to admit you are wrong. hey... when I am wrong I have the balls to admit it. though that rarely occurs, I am human and once in a while it does. and when it does, I man up and say. 'I was wrong' You see I'm human, just like you.

Secondly

So after repeatedly showing you wrong in every way shape and form, you still don't know how to man up. which makes me wonder... not wonder but know that you are not a man. yes you have a pair of testicles but that is about as far as your manliness goes.

I've been extremely busy at work and just now got time to view your links. now i couldn't see the links at work... i was actually expecting something of avg intelligence from you. then i see you were just joking with your troll links. by doing this you just confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that you agree with me but can't admit it... well because you aren't secure enough to admit that you realize you are wrong and I am right.

ok, now back to the issue at hand. here we are past the 80 day mark. and here is your graphic

sooo... by this BP supplied propaganda graphic, natural seeps are the overwhelming contributor to oil in our waters. hmmmmm... funny how since man's hand in the oil leak arena contributes such a negligible amount that we see all of these asphalt/oil/tar balls washing up everywhere... the overwhelming amount of oil in the gulf, in the loop current and now creeping up the east coast.

since we contribute such a small amount compared to natural leaks, why is it now that so many people are getting sick, the gov't has outlawed reporting on this small effect by man,
animals are dying left and right, BP has set up its own medical clinics, methane is 1000 times above safe levels.
oil is raining down on windshields in florida, evacuation plans are being drawn up and nearing execution, etc.

hmmmm since by this graphic this spill should be negligible.

oh, i guess I'm a troll and just don't understand your wisdom and logic

so..... I"M STILL WAITING. ADMIT YOU ARE WRONG... its time, its well overdue.

it just cracks me up that your name is ignoranceisn'tbliss yet ignorance truly seems to be bliss for you

[edit on 12-7-2010 by insideNSA]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

As I said would happen...

75 percent oil from Gulf of Mexico spill is gone: official
WASHINGTON — About three-quarters of the oil spilled from the ruptured BP well in the Gulf of Mexico has disappeared, a top US official said Wednesday.

"The scientists are telling us about 25 percent was not captured or evaporated or taken care of by mother nature," said Carol Browner, a top energy adviser to President Barack Obama, on the ABC network's "Good Morning America" programme.

"This is an initial assessment by our scientists in the government and outside the government. We think it's important to make this available to the public. That's what we'll be doing today."

It will be less than that:
40% of the gushing was methane.
75% of the remaining 60% will be totally evaporated.
20% of that remaining 60% was wax.
3% of that remaining 60% was actual tar & asphalt.

How tragic that one fisherman literally committed suicide thanks to listening to insane people like you.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

I realize you are saying that there will be lasting damage, but that it isn't the
end of days.

I agree with that, we will definitely "deal" with this eco-damage.

My question to you Op , and I think that of others is:

Just how much Damage would you deem to acceptable?

Half the Gulf destroyed? One tenth?

What do you consider acceptable loss?

Where did he speak of 'acceptable loss'??

The point is, many here seem obsessed with ZOMG! making this the ELE event to watch! Get yr popcorn!

The reality is, this is not the end of the world. IT is a major catastrophe that happened in America's backyard. And Americans are self-centered enough to think everything that happens to them is the ZOMG! Worst Ever!

------------------------------

OP you make some great points. Thanks for this thread.

It is highly entertaining to read through the thread and see all the people who attack you as being some sort of 'shill', or claim you have said this is 'no big deal'.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
See your problem is that you believe the propaganda the BP paid for MSM report.

Do you seriously believe 75% of the oil is gone? Dude, you expose your ignorance to the next level with every post you make!

For every BP paid for propaganda false article you present I can counter with 3 real articles.

The fact is they are STILL spraying Corexit. The fact is most of the oil is still just sitting there under the water.

Keep believing the false BS... that the oil magically just all went away!

How tragic that you continue to be a shill who can't admit you are wrong!

150 shrimpers report underwater plumes of oil; Top official says QUIT TALKING about it

As I said would happen...

75 percent oil from Gulf of Mexico spill is gone: official
WASHINGTON — About three-quarters of the oil spilled from the ruptured BP well in the Gulf of Mexico has disappeared, a top US official said Wednesday.

"The scientists are telling us about 25 percent was not captured or evaporated or taken care of by mother nature," said Carol Browner, a top energy adviser to President Barack Obama, on the ABC network's "Good Morning America" programme.

"This is an initial assessment by our scientists in the government and outside the government. We think it's important to make this available to the public. That's what we'll be doing today."

It will be less than that:
40% of the gushing was methane.
75% of the remaining 60% will be totally evaporated.
20% of that remaining 60% was wax.
3% of that remaining 60% was actual tar & asphalt.

How tragic that one fisherman literally committed suicide thanks to listening to insane people like you.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by insideNSA]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You didn't actually respond to my post, and the hard numbers. This makes you a troll, as already realized. Guess I shouldn't have fed you, and I guess more fishermen should blow their brains out?

If you could show us some numbers on the actual toxicity of tar / asphalt that might give you an argument... oh wait tar isn't all that toxic. Tar is the part of 'oil' that sinks after it all separates via passing thru a mile of water and time etc. An asphalt blacktop a mile beneath the surface isn't the end of the whole wide world.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
some people just can't admit, when they have lost a debate

why don't you take some pointers from your fellow floridian and ATSer... notice the (i was wrong). he is man enough to admit it, where you my friend are not.

First Hand account: Florida Beaches Are Polluted With Oil (I was wrong)

You didn't actually respond to my post, and the hard numbers. This makes you a troll, as already realized. Guess I shouldn't have fed you, and I guess more fishermen should blow their brains out?

If you could show us some numbers on the actual toxicity of tar / asphalt that might give you an argument... oh wait tar isn't all that toxic. Tar is the part of 'oil' that sinks after it all separates via passing thru a mile of water and time etc. An asphalt blacktop a mile beneath the surface isn't the end of the whole wide world.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by insideNSA]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

For every BP paid for propaganda false article you present I can counter with 3 real articles.

Really? Where?

You're one of those people that bought the Lindsey Williams "Oil Emergancy" DVD aren't you? You know the one, where is claimed to have inside knowledge that ZOMG we were all about to die...lol.

So anyway please show articles which are "real".

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
oh, the oil is not a problem? millions of fish and birds and other ocean life are wiped out each time there is an oil spill. google images of oil spills and how they affect animals then come back and tell me it's perfectly natural.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

The oil spill isn't the end of life as we know it. The oil spill won't casue the ocean floor to collapse and cause the world to be engulfed by tsunamis. The oil isn't filled with some kind of toxic substance that will kill us all..ect;

No one doubts that it's an enviornmental disaster, it's just not TEOTWAWKI as a lot of posters on ATS were screaming ( and disturbingly, hoping for)

Life will go on, and for some people along the Gulf coast life will go on with a generous financial infusion from BP.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
ignoranceISBliss is that you? it must be.

who is lindsay williams?

Really? Where?

I don't think you really wanted to ask that.

M SNBC: Feds receive “tremendous pushback from scientific community” over orchestrated ‘disappearing oil’ act

Scientists refute U.S. report, say Gulf oil still widespread

Oil still a problem in the Gulf, scientists warn‎

Could oil spill threat still remain? Report says yes

Video: Researchers: 80 Percent of Oil Remains in Gulf

News that oil/dispersants are COATING seafloor and headed east hits Florida residents: It looks as if we’ll never get over this oil… At least, not in my lifetime

BP Oil Disaster - Worst Effects Yet To Come

The Gulf BLUE PLAGUE is Evolving

NON-STOP black seepage from spot nearby opening? in seafloor (VIDEO)

and many many more...

Originally posted by Merigold

Really? Where?

You're one of those people that bought the Lindsey Williams "Oil Emergancy" DVD aren't you? You know the one, where is claimed to have inside knowledge that ZOMG we were all about to die...lol.

So anyway please show articles which are "real".

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Link #1: Some FLorida beaches are affected: up in the northern panhandle 'near' "water zero". This is maybe 5% tops of FL's 1200+ miles of beaches.

Links #2,3,4,5: All different articles on the same debunked report.

Link #6: "Video" is a bad link. 80% of WHAT? It wasn't 100% used motor oil (like so many of you seem to envision) that came out of that gusher. I showed you the hard numbers of what came out of that gusher. Refute the numbers or sound like a crazy person.

Link #7: A restaurant owner says we'll never get over oil in his lifetime. That would sort of be like listening to you saying that and taking it as truth.

Link #8: A 4 page monster refresher course on oil estimates and immediate animal deaths. If there's something in there about long term damage please cite it.

Link #9: "BLUE PLAGUE"!!!!! That doesn't cite anything about oxygen depletion. Are there bacteria in the air feeding off of both the VOC vapors and oxygen, thus depleting the oxygen? By the way: All of those people being able to smell/etc the VOC's is proof that most of it evaporated.

Link #10: How is that any different than a natural oil seep? How do we know it isn't one?

Many of these links, and you still pushing on as if the oil gusher is still at max flow, and framing it all around immediate impact when the issue here is long term damage, and still acting like I ever said the immediate area wouldn't be directly impacted, is all rather odd. But at least you did use some bbcode this time.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I didn't see you make any replies towards the post about your fellow floridian who saw the light. He could own up to his mistakes, but obviously you can't.

The links I posted are just a few of many. I can surely post many many more. And I wonder if you would go through and debunk all of them. You couldn't even debunk these for starters, so there is not motivation to post any more at this point.

Also you replied to a post I directed at Merigold, which you are free to do, but what about your thoughts on the guy from Florida who has seen the light?

Link #1: Some FLorida beaches are affected: up in the northern panhandle 'near' "water zero". This is maybe 5% tops of FL's 1200+ miles of beaches.

so you are saying only 60 miles of beach in FL are polluted. do you have any references to back that up, or are you just making things up again?

unfortunately this disaster hasn't gone anywhere. we are just getting started so expect to see the oil show up down the gulf coast of florida soon if it isn't already there. they used Corexit to hide the oil, which is still lurking right under the surface and will unfortunately start showing up in various places, like florida's beaches.

Links #2,3,4,5: All different articles on the same report.

there are so many articles explaining the same thing, that the oil is still here to deal with. i just cherry picked out of hundreds.

are they really? so what? a report can be spun in anyway. so multiple articles referring to the same report just strengthens the point i'm trying to make when they ALL AGREE about the interpretation of said report.

Link #6: "Video" is a bad link. 80% of WHAT? It wasn't 100% used motor oil (like so many of you seem to envision) that came out of that gusher. I showed you the hard numbers of what came out of that gusher. Refute the numbers or sound like a crazy person.

I had to manually type in the URL due to work restrictions. I will correct the link at home. I'm sure even u r smart enough to do a google search to find the video.

when all u have to debate with is pointing out typos and bad links, its like admitting defeat.

Link #7: A restaurant owner says we'll never get over oil in his lifetime. That would sort of be like listening to you saying that and taking it as truth.

you make me laugh... no counter point. except saying he's a restaurant owner so he must not know what he's talking about. GREAT LOGIC... he doesn't agree with me so obviously he doesn't know what he's talking about!!!!
again, this is all you have to counter with? maybe if you owned a restaurant that sold gulf seafood, you'd take what he has to say more seriously.

Link #8: A 4 page monster refresher course on oil estimates and immediate animal deaths. If there's something in there about long term damage please cite it.

i dont' see you citing ANYTHING, except saying restaurant owner's are dumb, typos and bad links. you are a master debater!

Link #9: "BLUE PLAGUE"!!!!! That doesn't cite anything about oxygen depletion. Are there bacteria in the air feeding off of both the VOC vapors and oxygen, thus depleting the oxygen? By the way: All of those people being able to smell/etc the VOC's is proof that most of it evaporated.

can you cite anything to refute what they are saying? or are we still going with, 'they have a different opinion, they must be wrong' logic?

Link #10: How is that any different than a natural oil seep? How do we know it isn't one?

because they are around the site of this well. the seafloor has been damaged so the leaks aren't natural. only God knows how bad the seafloor is damaged, hopefully its not that bad and more leaks don't spring up.

Many of these links, and you still pushing on as if the oil gusher is still at max flow, and framing it all around immediate impact when the issue here is long term damage, and still acting like I ever said the immediate area wouldn't be directly impacted, is all rather odd. But at least you did use some bbcode this time.

Firstly,
i never said the gusher is at max flow. all i said is this disaster is far from over because the majority of the oil is just hanging out below the surface and further below.

Secondly, this post wasn't directed at you, it was directed at Merigold. Did you bother reviewing or posting on the post I brought to you attention about how the Floridian's beach is ruined?

And lastly, for you to tell me at least i used some bbcode is a hoot. I am a highly paid, well above baseline 6 figs software developer. your comments about the use of ATS's scripting and markup language does not make you sound more intelligent, quite the opposite when your audience is someone like me. dont' get me started. I should whip up a UTF-8 txt processing factory and corresponding tag libraries for ATS for free.

BTW I just hand edit/use their amateurish tag library. I don't use the UI to generate the content of my posts. I've seen you make comments before about my wrong use of them and they are always a good laugh when you try to act smart about this. The short answer is, I don't care.
I have probably forgotten more about computers than you ever knew.

And if you think you can hold a candle to me in a computer tech debate, by all means, lets get it going. You couldn't hold my pocket protector. lol

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"he who argues with a fool, is a fool"
while the populace is under chemical warfare attacks-
around the globe..corexit- and you can track nalco
up to the usual suspects.
want an area cleared?
spill and spray .

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i don't think ignoreisbliss is a fool. i have found the debate quite fun.

just want to comment that though I don't agree at all with IgnoranceISBliss and have had a long running ATS thread debate with him, I feel no malice or bad will towards him at all.

We all have our opinions and you know what they say about those... they are like a$$holes, everybody has one.

If I poke at or take jabs in my posts, don't take it personally. its all in good fun. In no way is it ever meant to put down or offend or meant to be serious. That is the way I take it when it comes my way.

In the end we are all dealing with this crazy state of the world and the BS that TPTB inflict on us. We are all on the same team, lets never forget this and who the real adversaries are behind the curtain.

So salud and cheers to you all whether we agree or not!

Originally posted by p51mustang
"he who argues with a fool, is a fool"
while the populace is under chemical warfare attacks-
around the globe..corexit- and you can track nalco
up to the usual suspects.
want an area cleared?
spill and spray .

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join