It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise!:Study(Funded by Big Telecom) into Mobile Phone Use and Cancer Reports Inconclusive Results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
G'day ATS, I hope you BS meters are well calibrated and switched ON!

WHO study on mobile phone cancer risk 'inconclusive'

The largest study to date on links between mobile phone use and certain types of brain cancer has proved inconclusive, researchers say.

The results indicate a possible health risk from heavy mobile phone use, said the World Health Organisation (WHO), which conducted the study.

But it said further research was needed for more conclusive answers.

Well what do you expect, the study itself was in part PAID FOR by the Telecom industry. What, are they going to fund a report that paves the way for law suits totalling BILLIONS of dollars?

The 10-year study of 13,000 people has been criticised because mobile phone companies provided 25% of the funding.

I think not my friends.

Switch ears, don't use your phone for too long, and for Goodness sake don't let your kids use your mobiles.

In 20-30 years, when the results of the larger UK study come out, you'll thank me!

Take care ATS, Kiwi

[edit on 16-5-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
i dont' get it, why is this automatically false? what were you hoping to hear, that cell phones make your brains fall out?

would you feel better if parker brothers funded this or what? i think it's impressive that they kicked out a lot of money tomake this happen. apparently there weren't a lot of people standing in line at the goodlife cellphone testing clinic with big fat checks in their hands.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
When telephones looked like bricks, and were as heavy, they were thought to be dangerous....by causing cancer.

I thought that had all gone away.

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise if this is not the case. It's reportedly because the power pack is held so closely to the brain. But, hm. Would this be the same as someone who constantly wears a hearing aid? There's little batteries in those things.

...just a thought.

join