It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey, Brazil seal deal on Iran nuclear fuel swap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Turkey, Brazil seal deal on Iran nuclear fuel swap

www.reuters.com

Turkey said on Sunday Iran had agreed on a nuclear fuel swap deal which could help end Tehran's stand-off with the West over its atomic programme

Full details of the agreement were not immediately released by Turkish and Brazilian officials mediating in Iran's dispute with leading world powers, who suspect Tehran of covertly developing a nuclear bomb.

Turkey's foreign ministry said a formal announcement might be made on Monday after any final revisions by the Brazilian and Iranian presidents and the Turkish prime minister.

"Yes, it has been reached after almost 18 hours of negotia
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Who would have tought? A deal without the US, Israel or the UN! Way to go Brazil and Turkey!

See? When the US ain't bullying people, some things can be done!

No war for little warmongers in Israel and in the US!

Today is a good day.

Of course it could all break down if the US bullies Brazil or Turkey behind the scenes... till this is signed, it's not over.

Now unless the elite stage a false-flag, or Israel goes nuts, no war will start!

IN YOUR FACE WARMONGERS!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This news story is irrelevant.

Iran agreed a deal with France and Russia last year, and then changed their mind. Since then Turkey and now Brazil have been duped, with Turkey probably in on it.

Only last month, Khamenei declared there will never be any uranium swap deals.

Brazil will probably end up having to agree to a deal that allows Iran to keep uranium stocks enough to make a bomb.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Allright! - I think we will have interesting week ahead of us and this news will make warmongers agenda much more difficult to carry... Lets see where we go from here, breaking news indeed!

I also read rumor about IAEA is giving out statement. that there is no sign from Irans nuclear program and its coming out in beginning of this week.

I am happy about this, but also still very skeptic about what is the "plan B" for warhawks - is it false flag? - I think we soon will hear about something totally new about Iran... Some other "Scud Crisis" maybe?

Also attack to Lebanon or Syria, or both of them can easily make us to forget nukes and Iran is involved in wars anyway... But no matter what, I think before next sunday something very new is in headlines. They wont give up - War is on agenda.

But - thanks from news, and this is good way to start a new week!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This "skeptism" was SOOO waited... Nothing will stop warmongering hawks. We are so doomed to these never ending wars by EU/USA/Irael banksters.

European powers skeptical over Iran-Turkey-Brazil nuke deal

Deal drafted between three countries stipulating that Iran will transfer 1,200 kg of uranium to Turkey for enrichment is not received enthusiastically in Europe, Israel. Germany: No deal can replace draft inked last year. Ashton: Deal does not answer all concerns

www.ynetnews.com...

France to push for more Iran sanctions

France will push for more UN sanctions against Iran despite a nuclear fuel swap deal while the EU, Germany and Russia say they want to see details of the agreement. French foreign ministry spokesman Bernard Valero said the deal was "necessary" but "would in no way resolve the problem posed by the Iranian nuclear program."

www.presstv.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Irans leaders are Insane but Not Fools. They unlike the Fools who head western govts know exactly how to play the game.

Another thing, If Iran is willing to transfer to Ever Increasingly Islamic Militant Turkey enough Uranium to make 1 bomb then they already have a great deal more IN reserve. Lead by the US the world is going through the motions of " Dealing with the Iranian Nuclear Threat " knowing full well that the game is basically over vis-a-vis Irans Nuclear weapons program, which has already reached fruition thanks to Russia, North Korea & Pakistan's help & procrastination by the UN, US, UK & most regrettably of all a series of Weak Left Wing Israeli govts too paralyzed with fear of US & World opinion to act boldly against Iran.

Thus a military conflict between Israel & Iran is now the only likely outcome , just exactly when & what will trigger it remains unclear but I fear it is not too far off in coming.

Personally what I am interested is how Shia Hezbollah, Shia Iraqi leaders/militias and Shia Northern Alliance in Afghanistan will react to an all out war on Iran by Israel/US. Also Keeping in mind that Hezbollah and Syria have stockpiled on big boys toys recently.

Whether it will lead to WW3 I don't know, but it will definitely get majority the US troops hammered permanently based in those nations.

My advice to all the brainwashed US soldiers, Get the F*** out, pack your bags and move with your family to Canada (to avoid court martial of course).You sweared an oath to protect your nation and your people, not 'Gods Chosen People'.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Like everything...we're all just going to have to wait and see how this all plays out. Is this real progress or more sanction stalling antics? I guess we won't know untill we see all of the fuel actually swapped in a secure verifiable manner.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think we will soon see such a debate and collision inside NATO countries never seen before...

Turkey urges West to forget Iran sanctions after clinching nuclear deal

Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said on Monday he saw no need for United Nations Security Council sanctions after Iran agreed to send some of its uranium abroad. Iran signed an agreement late Sunday with mediators Brazil and Turkey for a nuclear fuel swap designed to allay international concern over the Islamic Republic's atomic ambitions and avert fresh sanctions on Tehran.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The big question is...what would happen if NATO implodes?

Withdraw from Afghanistan? Real peace in Europe?

Or Russia invading Georgia, China expanding, ect...

Who knows... it would sure be a big game changer..for the better or worse.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes - what we can see in aftermath of this deal is something what anyone can expect. This deal is open allingnment from Turkey with Iran, and this deal can launch unpredictable outcomes.

I remind also from Turkish Aid Fleet what has been build in last months and what is about to sail to Gaza in just matter of week...

Turkey To Challenge Israel, Support Hamas

Turkey is planning a gesture that will challenge Israel and provide support to Gaza's Hamas leaders next month. A flotilla of ships funded by Turkey will approach Gaza in May, in an attempt to challenge Israeli control at sea - or, as organizers put it, “break Israel's illegal blockade on Gaza.”

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Question is - Will it sail to Gaza with Turkish navy assistance, or what will happen when this boats are seized by Israel?

Something is going to happen very soon.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Developing story of this week...

Iran vows to continue high-grade nuclear fuel enrichment despite swap deal

Iran will continue its uranium enrichment activities, including production of 20 percent enriched uranium even after signing a nuclear fuel swap deal with Turkey and Brazil on Monday, a senior official said Monday. "There is no relation between the swap deal and our enrichment activities ... We will continue our 20 percent uranium enrichment work," said Ali Akbar Salehi, head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization.

www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 17-5-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
EU - France and British have already shown their hawkish stance -

West dismisses Iran nuclear deal

European Union and British officials have said that a nuclear fuel swap deal agreed by Iran, Turkey and Brazil might not be enough to stop the US-led push for tougher sanctions against Tehran. A spokeswoman for Catherine Ashton, the EU foreign policy chief, welcomed the deal on Monday, but said that the bloc still had "serious concerns" about Iran's nuclear programme. The agreement, brokered by Brazil and Turkey, calls for Iran to ship 1.2 tonnes of low-enriched uranium to Turkey, in exchange for 120kg of highly-enriched nuclear fuel rods for its power plant, according to official media.

english.aljazeera.net...

Still waiting official statement from White House... I think we know its outcome?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Not only US is making us waiting its response, but so does Russia and China... Lets debates begin!

China's role grows in debate over Iran sanctions

... A few minutes later, Li asked why Israel, a U.S. ally that many suspect would attack Iran before allowing it to have a nuclear weapon, has been allowed to amass a nuclear arsenal. "The whole key here is whether you are an American ally or not. If you are an American ally, everything is solved. If not, then everything is a problem," said Li, his voice rising in irritation. "Don't talk about any treaties, don't talk about any rules, it's, 'If I trust you there's no problem.' "
Read more: www.bnd.com...

Iran deal raises risk for Turkish-Israeli ties
www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

Iran's nuclear fuel swap aimed at dividing UN - Russian expert
en.rian.ru...

Iran’s Uranium Deal a Serious Blow to War Party
news.antiwar.com...

[edit on 17-5-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What a surprise?

Obama administration cool to new Iran offer

The proposal would temporarily remove much of Tehran's low-enriched uranium, but U.S. officials say it doesn't deal with the larger issues surrounding the country's controversial nuclear program.

Obama administration officials reacted coolly Monday to an Iranian offer aimed at ending the standoff over that country's nuclear program, saying they intend to press ahead with a proposal for United Nations Security Council sanctions.

U.S. officials said they intend to study the proposal, brokered by Brazil and Turkey, that would temporarily remove much of Tehran's low-enriched uranium from the country.

www.latimes.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of talk about "broken agreements" from Iran.
Truth is though, there have been no agreements prior to what is being reported today. An agreement is a proposal that is accepted by both parties, yet Iran rejected the loaded proposals previously put forward, and rightly so. Thus, NO agreements have been broken by Iran as they were never accepted in the first place.

new topics

top topics

join