It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 States Join in Law Suit Against HCR....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
States Joined in Suit Against Healthcare Bill...

The joint lawsuit led by Florida and now grouping 20 states was filed on March 23 by mostly Republican attorneys general.

It claims the sweeping reform of the $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system, pushed through by Democrats in the U.S. Congress after months of bitter partisan wrangling, violates state government rights in the U.S. Constitution and will force massive new spending on hard-pressed state governments.

Karen Harned, who heads the NFIB's Washington-based small business legal center, told the news conference the healthcare reform law was both unconstitutional and bad for business.

"The federal government has really simply gone too far with this law," she said.

Any healthcare overhaul should have addressed the problem of "outrageously high healthcare insurance costs" in America, but that did not happen, Harned added.

"After all the political deals were made, small businesses were left with a law that does little to address costs and instead is filled with new mandates, taxes and paperwork requirements that increase the cost of doing business," she said.

Well now we have 20 states who have joined the fight against HCR. After all, the funding for the HCR is initially done by the Federal Gov. and later on it becomes the sole responsibility of the states. Several other states are have not publicly announced support of the lawsuit but are wiling participants of this suit.

The HCR was mostly a behind-the-closed-doors bill that was pushed through in a heavy partisan manner. This bill helps the unions secure health care without having to dip into their savings account. The puppet show that was televised to showcase the debate between Democrats & Republicans had to be cut short because the republicans were wining the debate after they pointed out several excerpts from the bill which Obama could not stand listening too. Instead he called out on Cantor as using the HCR bill as a Prop.

He called the Actual Bill a PROP .

[edit on 16-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wondering what the states will do when the FED declares bankruptcy ?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Thank God, Arizona is on the list.
YES! Keep it up, Arizona, I think we're in good company with these other states.
Thant's for the thread, OP.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Apart from Florida, states joining in the lawsuit include Alabama,
Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Louisiana,
Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, South
Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Another state, Virginia, has filed a separate suit, arguing that the new
law's requirements that most Americans buy health insurance clash
with a state law that exempts Virginians from federal fines to be
imposed for not having health insurance.

from your posted link to show which states were involved

and dang-it
NC is NOT 1 of them

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
Wondering what the states will do when the FED declares bankruptcy ?

well I guess that would depend
on whether the states declares
bankruptcy first, lol

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wull, wull...

Check this out... I don't always create a thread for the videos that I post in the media section.

I take it all with a grain of salt, dash of cynicism and a whole lotta skepticism...

Lindsey Williams claims to have rubbed elbows with the über.elites as their spiritual leader in Alaska while the pipeline was being built in the 70's.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
instead of this bill why not just reform the practices of the Health insurance companies instead. But hey let them decided who gets health care. I mean let them raise rates for the hell of it until nobody can afford it.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

The Bill was never designed to lower costs for anyone. It was designed to cover the cost of health care for Union workers and Illegals on the back of the Tax Payers.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
To those states that are joining this suit they better be able to take care of it's people as they will continually get more of the same.

I think it's time to cut these states off completely. Enough about this "Obamacare" crud as if you are denied do not dare complain. The states are digging themselves a deeper hole trying to opt out.

I hope that those that live in these states can afford healthcare because they are not to complain to The Federal Govt when they get the short end of the stick. They are making their beds now they must lie in it.

new topics

top topics

join