It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Fatima Miracle a Mass UFO Sighting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The messages the apparition of Mary supposedly gave to them are not compatible with actual Christianity. In the larger thread I linked to earlier on the UFO connection I outlined the problems with it reflecting a blatantly catholic pandering paganized message. but I also raised another theory that could explain that in my "Mother Goddess" thread. It is pretty much undeniable that the Mary the Catholics revere is based off of Isis and Semiramis. Like I said earlier, this would have to be either an actual message from the female entity found in the religions pointed out in my thread, or an elaborate trick to unite the worlds religions or use it for political purposes (which at the time it blatantly was) And even if it was a spiritual event, it could still be questionable in the end. Notice the prominent 13s that pop up all over this, again this is another thing connecting it to Masonic or occult beliefs like what has been pointed out in recent posts in my Mother Goddess thread. The date was even mentioned before the girl said it would happen by a trance medium that mentioned illumination and the morningstar and also by some psychics.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by NamelessMonster]

[edit on 30-5-2010 by NamelessMonster]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Correct, revealing a prophecy after the fact is not greatly convincing.
It is well known that the Secret was supposed to be revealed in 1960 which would have certainly avoided future appearance of rewriting the prophecy after the fact. The Vatican failed in 1960 and failed in 2000.
Possibly, the point would be to expose the Vatican's lack of faith and then to initiate a punishment that targets the Vatican for it's crimes and for it's failure to respond to the Fatima message and the Bible messages. The Fatima message does speak about God sending a chastisement that includes punishment through persecution of the Pope and of the Church, presenting a situation that will give the Pope "much to suffer." It's not about turning the Pope into a martyr either, it's about punishment of the Church, the Bishops, Cardinals, and the Pope for their crimes committed against God.

Assuming the Third Secret is from God, it could nonetheless be revealed completely at the initiation of the key events, and would still be a prophecy of the future, with it's essence having already been revealed years earlier. So for instance, in the scenario of Russia becoming the seat of the next Hitler, and the Pope then releasing a third Secret that deals with Russia, it would not be accurate to say the third Secret was rewritten simply because reality suddenly matches the words of the Secret. The true test would involve matching the Secret to the information that had already been revealed years beforehand. There is not much room for the Pope to maneuver without showing the truth of his intentions. The Secret can't suddenly center around Iran or North Korea, or China or America. It's already been indicated to involve Russia, annihilation of nations, assassination of the Pope by soldiers, martyrdom of Christians, natural disasters of Biblical proportions, famine, loss of faith in the Church. The absence of these elements would make it obvious that funny play is involved with any future versions of the Third Secret released by the Vatican.

Yes hindsight is 20/20, but in a way, the gist of the Third Secret has been known since the 1940's. According to evidence, the third Secret elaborates upon the events predicted in the 2nd secret, thus knowing the 2nd secret is to know the gist(but not the fine details) of the 3rd secret, while also indicating that the 2nd secret is not as much about world war II as people think.

///What of poor Fr. Ferreira, the humble parish priest? Here we have a sincere and simple man, who knew these children, who knew the community, etc. His opinion was that the whole thing was from Satan.///

In the beginning Lucia's mother is embarrassed by her daughter's claims, and brings Lucia to Fr. Ferreira in attempt to compel her to admit to lying about it. If Lucia confesses to making it up, Fr. Ferreira is successful in his task. If she doesn't confess, he fails in his task. So the priest has the choice to either a)admit he was wrong, b)decide Lucia is a liar and he
failed in his task to get her to admit to lying, c)take the lesser form of personal failure and blame it on Satan, d) be honest with himself, guard against taking things personal, and carefully weigh the facts to determine whether or not the children are lying or being deceived.

Fr. Ferreira fails his task to get a confession from Lucia so he informs her she is being tricked by the Devil. In the first few appearances/months he likely assumes the children are making up stories, which would have been a perfectly reasonable response without witnessing supernatural confirmation.

Fr. Ferreira tells Lucia:"Those who go about spreading such lies as you are doing will be judged and will go to hell if they are not true. More and more people are being deceived by you."
Lucia's response: "If people who lie go to hell then I shall not go to hell, because I am not lying and I say only what I saw and what the Lady told me. And the people go there because they want to; we do not tell them to go."

It's possible with such pointed interrogations, he started to take the children's refusal to back down as a personal offense.

After the mayor kidnaps the children, people blame Fr. Ferriera for being complicit in the act, the priest was forced to publish a letter in the local newspaper to clear his name. His objectivity may have been compromised by then, by resentment over the whole situation.

///What would you think if YOU were the priest, and you asked the children to tell you the truth, and even offered them the seal of the confessional, and they still refused to obey? ///

If the children refuse time after time to refuse to say they were lying, it could be because they were telling the truth.

///What about communion, from an Angel? I know that in the modern church today, anyone can handle and even mishandle the communion wafer, but back in 1916, there was an entirely different state of affairs.///

Sorry, I don't see a problem with Angel hands touching the communion wafer.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Phantomfire707]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The 13th year of the 2rd millennium is 2012, not 2013.

Ha ha, we both made a mistake. It's not 2014 as I figured, the 13th year of the 3rd millennium(I rechecked and then googled) is 2013.

2013 ! ! ! one less year for me.

I'm glad you made me think about it sooner rather then latter.

The 3rd millennium began on Jan 1st, 2001. en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by ArMaP
The first apparition was in 1916,

No matter. The Secrets of Fatima were given in 1917, the miracle of the Sun occurred in 1917. The first apparition of the Lady of the Rosary of these events occurred in 1917. The anniversary is attributed to May 13th, 1917.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Phantomfire707]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantomfire707
Ha ha, we both made a mistake. It's not 2014 as I figured, the 13th year of the 3rd millennium(I rechecked and then googled) is 2013.

As Homer Simpson would say, D'oh!

I am always correcting people that get it wrong, and this time it happened to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
A recent Ummites tweet of January 24, 2016, says Fatima were only a psychotic phenomenon.

oumo.fr...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Portugoal

there were people miles away going about their daily business who didn't care about this event and they saw it as well....something....happened that day

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

old links not working here is a drawing of the original description lucia gave of the lady

edit on 13-1-2017 by research100 because: added pic

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
reply to post by gortex

Then that would mean the "real" Sun was not in the sky. If it had been the witnesses should have reported a second Sun but that's not what any of them said.

The miracle occurred at mid day. The Sun was at its zenith. There is no description of a second Sun, just the one.

it was behind the clouds

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The sun certainly didn't enter the atmosphere as many religious people seem to believe the claim that it is one of the biggest UFO sightings is far more credible Joaquim Fernandes and Fina D'Armada went into this more in their book "Heavenly Lights: The Apparitions of Fatima and the UFO"(excerpts) I'll get back to this with more within a week or two But I suspect there is much more to this and it might tie religion to UFOs and go back thousands of years to something much bigger.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This event what ever it was raises questions beyond those discussed by both skeptics and believers. If there is something to this then it indicates that there might be an unknown advanced intelligence of some sort that has been influencing our society long before this event, possibly influencing religious writings including the Bible, although that doesn't guarantee that it is accurate; it may be the same advanced intelligence that influenced the Mormons as Jacques Vallee speculated about, and there is evidence to prove that the Book of Mormon is definitely a false version of history even if it was the result of a revelation. It could also be the same ones involved in moving the megaliths thousands of years ago.

If this is true then they intentionally withheld advise that could have have prevented the Crusades Inquisitions and Holocaust at best or inspired religions that helped bring them about at worst.

The evidence of Fatima may be among the strongest evidence of any unsolved mysteries except the megaliths which is conclusive evidence challenging traditional scientific claims, if not some of the other conclusions drawn from it. I went into this more in another follow up article, UFO Hypothesis Far More Credible Than Catholic Claim of A "Miracle Of The Sun" if anyone's interested.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join