It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
MICHAEL BUILT HIS OWN FERRARI F40
"I modelled it after a toy car"
He could not afford a SEK 2 million Ferrari F40.
Instead Michael Johansson built one himself.
- I modelled it after a toy car, he says.
Michael Johansson, a mechanic in Mantorp Sweden, had a dream of owning a Ferrari F40.
- It's the coolest Ferrari ever built. It's an awesome sports car, he says.
But he did not have the money to make the dream come true. A used Ferrari F40 costs approximately SEK 2.6 million.
- Since I'm not a millionaire I had to build your own.
Slowly he began building the car. He spent evenings, weekends and holidays in his garage to make his dream a reality.
No blue prints
He had no blue prints of the car. Instead, he modelled it after a 20 inch long toy car.
- The hardest thing was how to make it to look like the real thing. I compared the toy car with pictures of the real thing on my computer, he says.
It is almost ready
Five years and SEK 250 000 later, the car is almost finished. Michael hopes to have his Ferrari F40 ready for Gatebil at Mantorp Park on July 4th.
- Hopefully I'll test drive it there, he says.