It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf of B.P. Oil Disaster : A National Emergency Situation and Smoke On the Water

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Well, I guess later is better than never, even though they took their sweet time.

Do you have a link to provide further information?

Thanks for letting us know.

The ecosystem will still be crippled for the next 20 years.

Then it will still be suffering another 20 years or more after that.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
They paid a 28% premium, and 40% of the total paid is in the form of Halliburton stock. Now Halliburton is set to make some money on this tragic event.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The federal government estimates that more than 100 million gallons of oil have spilled into the Gulf of Mexico to date.

newsroom.ucla.edu...

can you believe that?
That's nearly 2 million gallons a day.. or about 48000 barrels a day..

and here's an oil ticker if you not got one..
www.politicolnews.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that MSM, The Prez, BP.....all I keep hearing them talk about is how much oil their capturing....that when they put a new cap on the well it will allow them to capture X amount of oil.....the ship they funneling oil into holds X amount of oil. It sounds to me that capturing oil is all their concerned about. I have yet to hear firm plans on how and when the leak will be stopped, and what the plan is for clean up.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by XsameXoneXotherX
They paid a 28% premium, and 40% of the total paid is in the form of Halliburton stock. Now Halliburton is set to make some money on this tragic event.

It should be illegal to make a profit off man-made disasters.

No matter who did what to who or how.

It should be considered a conflict of interests considering profit is derived from death.

I do not profit off of death nor will I do business with people who do that either.

These idiots have insurance, or are supposed to, for instances like this and should not be allowed to make a second payment, because according to law, that is considered fraud.

reply to post by Extralien

Thank you for those links.

I'm actually bored with all the oil talk now, not because I am insensitive.

But because I am tired of people being all talk and no walk.

And I believe both BP PLC and Obama are culpable in this disaster.

BP PLC because they're not doing enough clean-up, and doing too much corporate "damage-control", more so than their actual physical efforts to stop the actual damage.

And Obama because he's sitting on his laurels giving speeches and not doing a damn thing with the Executive Branch towards assisting in this disaster.

One has to wonder about the motives of President Obama and that this has not been declared a National Emergency situation, because it quite obviously is one.

Between Obama and BP PLC this is giant game of political chicken to see who quits bluffing first, and who actually takes responsibility, meanwhile the onlookers, the American citizenry are suffering because both sides are both culpable and criminally negligent.

Originally posted by Lynzer
Has anyone noticed that MSM, The Prez, BP.....all I keep hearing them talk about is how much oil their capturing....that when they put a new cap on the well it will allow them to capture X amount of oil.....the ship they funneling oil into holds X amount of oil. It sounds to me that capturing oil is all their concerned about. I have yet to hear firm plans on how and when the leak will be stopped, and what the plan is for clean up.

Of course.

It is the same exact type of logic that runs the American/Mexican Border.

One group blames a lack of funding and the other blames a lack of action.

In politics, power is gained through action and inaction, blame and deniability.

Washington D.C. and Corporations are run like that and always have been.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Just wow...really great job, Spar. Reading through this two months later (albeit quickly) is mind boggling for two reasons.

1.) It's amazing how soon you and the contributors to the thread put so much together so fast.

2.) So much has happened since you wrote this and yet...so very little.

The stall tactics are becoming glaring obvious. They're hiding something and they're waiting...for something.

And now with the new additional developments around the globe, these pieces you laid out so early on are beginning to fall more into place. Yeah, it's all about $$$ and energy and chokepoints and hanging on to the control and the power that goes with. It's all so interconnected and, yeah, smoke and mirrors too...diversions to the diversions. No progress. More and more suspicious.

In case you're interested, OuttaTime has done a great investigation that goes well with all this too...The Hydra called Nalco, and the Den of Vipers -- The CorExit conspiracy.

Damn it that this got buried in the 5 gazillion other Deepwater Disaster threads. This would have saved me a ton of time and effort and floundering when I came back to ATS had I seen it first. Then again, stuff you dig for yourself sticks better sometimes too.

S&F x 100

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join