It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf of B.P. Oil Disaster : A National Emergency Situation and Smoke On the Water

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Never let a good opportunity pass...

Even if this turns out to be a complete accident [let's say both] they will be made advantageous to those who have means and opportunity.

This is a disaster on every level and it will be paid for, on every level.

That's just it, whether it is an accident, or a False-Flag Operation, they're going to profit.

Always use a situation to screw someone is the politicians motto.

And it almost always ends up being the citizens caught in the middle.

This time however it is on such a level of a magnitude we may not recover easily.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Of those four, only two are actually "dictators". The other two are democratically elected Presidents, being the chosen leaders by their respective populaces. With that being said, Iran has "chimed in" on this crisis and they have offered to help.

--airspoon

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Chavez is not a dictator - until he stays in power and denies people a vote on it !! Right now - he is elected and serving his term. There. Stop this propaganda.

Here more info.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by pai mei]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
(Hopefully, I am posting this in the right place- if not please advise & I will delete the post & find the correct spot)

Has anyone contrasted/ compared this spill with the 1979 Ixtoc spill in the Bay of Campeche? I had forgotten about that one until someone made a comment about it on another site. It is, according to Wikipedia (yeah, I know) the second worst spill in history. (wondering what the worst was) There was some controversy at the time because the governor of Texas, Bill Clemmons, was involved with Mexican oil company (I want to say it was nationalized), Pemex.

The rig was in much shallower water; also with an explosion/ collapse, spilled 3 million barrels of oil and took about 9 months to cap. It looks like there are in excess of 19 pages related on google. I'm sorry, I don't have time to do the research for a few days, myself.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

What makes me wonder is what other events are being covered up as far as oil.

It's not only oil my ATS friend, it's the cover up of a HELL of alot more! This was just a mere destraction for something else to push thru. As the whole world focus on the spill....how many are looking at other events at the same time ?

As for the movie 'Knowing'... yea.. WAY to concendental .. as I've been saying for a while now.. there's someone on the inside of hollywood that KNOWS something or has a direct connection to someone else..

Why the guilf ?? Why couldn't it have been any other rig OTHER THAN in the gulf ?? I would be really intrested in who is writing some of the scripts to some of these movies..

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei

Chavez is not a dictator - until he stays in power and denies people a vote on it !! Right now - he is elected and serving his term. There. Stop this propaganda.

Here more info.

chavez wants to be king. He got the people to vote out the term limits of the presidency.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I am reporting this as JUST A RUMOR.....

www.helium.com...

Did North Korea torpedo the oil platform as an act of war?

Read it on Steve Quayles site

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

this disaster's effects are far reaching, probably global...but I can't help but think maybe they are trying to "smoke out" USOs from their bases in that area

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
well welll good catch

The Knowing 2009 Movie Oil Rig Fire

is there Half truth's in Movies I believe so !

Is there some subliminal message or a Messenger in movies
Especially there is a Majority of movies is Global disaster movies from Earthen disaster to Disease, Zombie Plague recently

like the 1936 movie Things to come
A story of 100 years: a decades-long second world war leaves plague and anarchy, then a rational state rebuilds civilization and tries space travel

it makes you think if some writers or producers directors have a hint of a contact , or a Nostradamus effect Jules Verne, Hg wells, Ray Bradbury Arther C Clarke ( satellite )

one of the most conspiracy books that was so close to the truth of what happen in a real event was the book called the Futility that is a identical prediction of the Famous Sinking of a Ocean Liner called Titanic in 1912 the Book (Futility) is claimed to be made in 1898 !
THE SOURCE! : www.lux-aeterna.co.nz...

as i posted this this video in this thread!

the 911 Prediction (making a Fundraiser ) from a movie made in 1996 called Long Kiss Goodnight !
Dont Not Miss this ! Clip !

World Trade Center Attack Confirmation in 1996

The Movie Clip of Long KIss Goodnight ! the Ending

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
This incidence happened because of greed. go to SCOTT.Net and read some of the articles.

It's all about greed.

You dear reader have a decision to make and soon. Chose your side wisely, for your soul is on the line here.

Are you STS or STO?

Pure and simple.

Answer the question and you decide when the wave hits which section you ascend to. It's as simple as that.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Then you should throw away your TV,throw away your cellphone,throw away your car,give up on electricity and go live in a cave.
I am no saint and i know that,i have the courage to admit it but you are not one either.
It is a tragic event and we are all to blame so talking about mystic mambo jumbo won't help.
All the things we do on this planet are out of greed.We give money to the poor so we can "save" our soul,we help others so that they can help us.
We all have an agenda

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Of those four, only two are actually "dictators". The other two are democratically elected Presidents, being the chosen leaders by their respective populaces. With that being said, Iran has "chimed in" on this crisis and they have offered to help.

--airspoon

The question is, is whether they "voted" them in, at gun point.

Or whether they were offered the power via a Government agency.

Sorry, nothing is as clean cut as an election, not anymore it's not.

And if you read some of the other posts someone did point out Iran offering assistance.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Originally posted by airspoon

--airspoon

The question is, is whether they "voted" them in, at gun point.

Or whether they were offered the power via a Government agency.

Sorry, nothing is as clean cut as an election, not anymore it's not.

And if you read some of the other posts someone did point out Iran offering assistance.

Im probably one of many of those Someones
as i tried to post it but the site i saw it on would NOT let me show the news video showing the offer of assistance of Iran as they were Around the Gulf Area Already ?

my thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

the most disturbing about the Oil Spill is the Wildlife Preserves let alone the Sea Life !! Quick get some rotting hay out near the shoreline !

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei

Here more info.

Sorry, Chavez is a dictator, he even is asking people to snitch via Twitter.

You and a few other posters seem to be missing the bigger picture, about the oil accident, and those tin-pot dictators being silent, which is quizzical to say the least.

Usually they would use this as an opportunity to rant and rave about America.

Just because Chavez is acting buddy-buddy with Obama does not make him less of a dictator.

I can spot the megalomaniacal dictator any day of the week because they glow with corruption.

I highly suggest you visit the thread below if you want to speak on the semantics of Chavez and his reign of terror upon his populace in Venezuela.

False Flag Operator, Become Sheep-Dipped Or Wolf-Dipped, and Become A Puppet Dictator?

This thread is not about the discussion of puppet dictators, but of their lack of usual rhetoric, and the lack of their usual pre-scripted aberrant behavior towards the U.S. as well as the oil accident in the Gulf of Mexico and how it will affect everyone.

So, please, stay on the topic, it's not about those people, but their lack of ranting.

Because over all the oil platform would be the perfect opportunity for them to rant.

Which shows something is screwy when it comes to them and America right now.

When people, puppet dictators, or not, stop pissing and moaning about an opposition, something is happening behind the scenes, that we as citizens are not aware of and we have a right to know what it is, because it will affect us adversely.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I agree that what happened to the oil rig and how it is now being handled is extremely shady but it is not a pre-planned conspiracy.

Corporations have continued to allocate money from one important area of operation to the profit sector knowing risks are involved. The oil rig was to have a regular maintenance schedule but the corporation felt it was an unnecessary expense to have a team of mechanical technicians to do regular repairs and inspections when they can have one of the drillers do it.

They, like all other corporations, began using the administrative approach to safety performed by untrained yahoos that work on the rig anyway. Inspections are now performed by the workers when they get the time, which is never. The worker hurriedly fills in the checklist at the end of his shift, ususally copying the readings from the last inspection. The mentality is "if the oil is coming out, then there is nothing wrong." Don't blame the worker; he has his regular duties to perform.

The clean up is Black Ops followed by cover ups. I have a family member involved. He is not allowed to discuss the details. I did find out that BP has no clue how to contain the disaster and the investors are pissing and moaning about no profits if BP did what needs done. Instead, they are still looking for a cheap way to fix this "unfortunate event" while the oil continues to fill the gulf.

If oil prices rise, consumers will want to start dissecting BP's mismanagement of the situation and want to know how the oil companies had such a huge profit year in 2008. Fearing a boycott of BP gas stations, prices will remain fairly stable. That is where the government actually did the taxpayers a partial disfavor. If BP goes under, the taxpayers are liable for all the clean up but if BP can stay in business, the consumers will pay for the clean up. Taxpayers and consumers are not the same.

Unfortunately, the methods currently being used have never been tested and the consequences are unknown. The cost to cap the flow below sea level has not been approved by the people receiving profits. While BP scrambles to reconnect their pipes, other areas of the old pipe are disintegrating.

The Gulf will soon become the Dead Sea of the gulf and then there will be no reason against future drilling, unless of course this unfortunate event tapped into the main oil vein and nothing is left to pump later.

Fearing citizen and consumer outrage, Obama will allow a major government distraction. In the meantime, he is telling us that he is upping non-oil energy sources but what he is saying is look here not there! Green America to cover up the Blackened coastlines of the Gulf and Atlantic.

The conspiracy is not to ban offshore drilling, the conspiracy is trying to get away with risking humanity for a profit with inferior quality materials and low-standard maintenance and inspections. Now the damage is being done, they have no idea how to undo the damage, and they refuse to give in to the idea of just maybe having to forego a profit this year.

How many more incidents do we fix before we no longer accept it as our responsibility to fix someone else's "Oops" and start doing things to prevent the Oops! Oh yeah, I forgot, preventative measures are backward thinking because they reduce profits and creativity. Yeah, okay, and unicorns, fairies, and gods are going to swoop in at the last minute to make it all better agian if we only believe!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think an important question to add is why was SWAT teams sent out to other rigs?

I believe a rig surivivor was on 60 minutes this weekend, did anyone catch that? I did not obviously.

I believe in the earlier days of this spill, there was talk on the board of a terrorist attack or something like that. Even mention of a submarine torpedo. I need to find those threads, but no one since has talked much about any of these.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A BP statement said the four-inch (10-centimeter) diameter tube inserted into the 21-inch leaking pipe using undersea robots had captured "some amounts of oil and gas."

BP PLC chief operating officer Doug Suttles said Monday on NBC's "Today" that a mile-long tube was funneling a little more than 42,000 gallons of crude a day from a blown-out well into a tanker ship.

That would be about a fifth of the 210,000 gallons the company and the U.S. Coast Guard have estimated are gushing out each day, though scientists who have studied video of the leak say it could be much bigger and even BP acknowledges there's no way to know for sure how much oil there is.

www.10news.com...

Area of a circle = pi X r squared

Pipe = 21", area = 1385.44

Siphon = 4", area = 50.27

ratio = 27.56 : 1

BP says they are recovering 1,000 barrels a day through the siphon, so at a minimum it is leaking over 27,000 barrels a day, not 5,000.

27,000 X 27 days = 729,000 barrels = 30,618,000 gallons minimum

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

I have not done a comparison of that but would be much appreciative if someone did.

So far from what I understand this disaster is worse than the Exxon Valdez.

And that was a horrendous event to begin with and if this is far worse I think our oceans and marine life are in for a major problem when it comes to this disaster.

I just got this story from an online newsletter I subscribe to.

Quote from : Morning Bell: Did the Federal Government Enable the Gulf Oil Spill?

An “angry” President Barack Obama lashed out at those he feels are responsible for the Gulf oil spill Friday, telling reporters in the Rose Garden:

“You had executives of BP and Transocean and Halliburton falling over each other to point the finger of blame at somebody else.

I will not tolerate any more finger-pointing or irresponsibility.”

But as CBS News‘ Chip Reid points out:

“Mr. Obama’s been president for nearly 16 months.

Does he get at least a little piece of the blame?”

Pointing to President Obama’s staunch defense of Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, Reid answered his own question:

“Not a bit. … He portrayed his administration as valiantly fighting the good fight against the oil companies from day one. …So while the president is pointing the finger of blame, he’s also working hard to make sure that over time the finger doesn’t do a 180.”

In the President’s mind the federal government apparently can do no wrong.

The leading answer to every problem our nation faces is bigger, stronger, and more intrusive government regulations.

But a closer look at the facts surrounding the spill shows that it was an already overly oppressive regulatory legal framework, coupled with lax enforcement, that created the mismatched incentives that led to the disaster.

The federal government is the owner of the waters where drilling takes place and bears ultimate responsibility for what happens on its property.

Energy companies seeking to develop our natural resources must survive a phalanx of federal regulations before any action can be taken.

For starters, any action taken by the federal government, including offshore drilling leases, requires a detailed environmental impact analysis mandated by the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).

But NEPA is such a draconian law, and the process can be so slow thanks to litigation, that to get anything done the federal government often grants waivers to the NEPA process.

Which is exactly what happened with the Deepwater Horizon oil rig in question.

The bolding is mine, but the article is interesting, as it seems many people are pointing fingers.

At each other, at the other party, and at everyone but those responsible.

Which would be the Government, for allowing them to drill for any oil off of our coastlines, ever, and to BP and their rig, and the major culprit the oil laying waste to the waters of the Gulf of Mexico and elsewhere as this disaster spreads.

Meanwhile, instead of finger pointing, they should be coming together, and fixing the damn problem.

Typical of those bureaucrats in Washington D.C., find someone to blame, or scapegoat, and then fix the problem, instead of actually resolving the God-damned problem.

Shoot first, ask questions later, cover-up the real people to blame after their paid off.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Of course there's far more to this than the oil.

If you think about the areas covered, throughout the Gulf of Mexico, and with Swine Flu sucking in the World Health Organization, because of the international sickness, this means someone is trying to suck in another arm of the conglomerate of bureaucratic nightmares that is the United Nations.

Because of the nature of this being an international crisis, not just affecting America, it means not only will there be foreign ships off of our coastline, but the clean-up will not only be run by BP, but by anyone else they can contract it out to.

Over all, it would seem we're about to get more international attention, in more ways than one, whether or not we want it on our coastline, of the same if not more magnitude than when Hurricane Katrina ripped through the area.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

I have heard that prior to you suggesting and linking that here.

So far, it is nothing but unsubstantiated rumors, but time will tell.

If true, not that I am stating it is, but if true, it would be an act of war.

With both the Gulf of Mexico and the Venezuelan incident it would seem sabotage is definitely one of the primary suspected causes by anyone, but who is the question.

North Korea?

Iran?

A "terrorist organization" as yet undefined?

My first thoughts when it happened was of a potential saboteur group.

Remember, there are 11 people "missing", the real question is whether they are missing, or they are being hunted, as potential saboteurs and a terrorist cell?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject

this disaster's effects are far reaching, probably global...but I can't help but think maybe they are trying to "smoke out" USOs from their bases in that area

You are suggesting, whether in humor or not, Unidentified Submersible Objects?

I would not count on that being anything but more than a far-fetched rumor.

There has yet to have been any sort of evidence to prove them and or U.F.O.'s to me.

But thanks for making me laugh.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join