It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas schools board rewrites US history with lessons promoting God and guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

How about this one. A TRUE story about Texas public schools:

I have a really good friend from Texas who moved there from the northeast in the eighties. When I spoke with him recently he was absolutely FUMING after he found out that the school his daughter attends makes a normal practice of allowing the students to study THE ACTUAL TESTS AND EXAMS 24 HRS in advance BEFORE TEST DAY! Yes THE ACTUAL TEST OR EXAM, NOT A DIFFERENT VERSION, BUT THE REAL THING. He was so angered and further discovered that this has been going on for as long as his daughter can remember!!

No wonder they SEVERELY LACK education down there. And he lives in a WEALTHY neighborhood!! Thats how BACKWARDS they are even in a GOOD school!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
Glad I don't live in texas and my kids won't be attending these type of schools.

I think this way of thinking is futile though
beause you have to consider it's only a matter of time it comes to you
or at least a different flavor of it

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I am sorry if anyone has already made these points, but I only read the article.

Are these changes really that outrageous?
"The new curriculum asserts that "the right to keep and bear arms" is an important element of a democratic society. Study of Sir Isaac Newton is dropped in favour of examining scientific advances through military technology."

The cornerstone of a free society is an armed populace. As soon as a state has complete dominance over it's populace the citizens rights are always diminished.

Modern quantum physics cast a shadow over Newtonian physics, and as vague as this article is what is to say these changes are not for the better.

"There is also a suggestion that the anti-communist witch-hunt by Senator Joseph McCarthy in the 1950s may have been justified."

Well considering the rot of internationalist CFR, bilderbergers, and the ilk maybe old McCarthy was'nt so crazy after all.

"The education board has dropped references to the slave trade in favour of calling it the more innocuous "Atlantic triangular trade", and recasts the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as driven by Islamic fundamentalism."

The slave trade stuff is outrageous, but is it any more outrageous than what is already taught?
Schools gloss over the largest extermination in human history. The native american genocide. What about the millions of Vietnamese civilians, or the Japanese?
The Palestinians get f*** by every medium of information in our society. This is sad that it reappears here, but hardly the only place.

My point is that these changes are really reactions to the indoctrination systems that schools have become. I strongly recommend this book about the history of our schools as propagandizing tools.

www.scribd.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ToToo

yeah, it really has gotten pretty bad as of late. The only reason why Rick Perry got another chance at reelection is because a lot of idiots believe him that he can secede us from the union. It is sad really.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I lived in San Antonio for 5 years and my kids went to an excellent school there. No issues at all unlike what I have seen in Oregon schools… now we live in Washington State and schools here are very good too.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thats actually very true. Also I live in California we have out own set of problems here lol, I guess no matter where you are there are going to be idiots.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I wonder how many pesos it would cost to get Mexico to take Texas back? I really wish Texas would leave the Union though. Although then we'd have a Western Iran on our border.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by PatesHatriots]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
God Bless Texas!

God Bless America!

America would be nothing without Texas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join