It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas schools board rewrites US history with lessons promoting God and guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
I think this woman from the Texas should check her history carefully.

I would imagine that if god or whoever these idiots believe in chose America for anything it would be as his urinating or defecating ground/area.

why do people seem to think that those who believe in Gods are idiots?
some of the smartest people in the world believe in God

look up william lane craig

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Governments have laws against monopolies?

Ours does.

Do they?

Who writes the laws and legislation? Hell, the politicians do not even know what are in the bills most of the time. So who exactly is writing them?

So, we have governments write legislation that they pick and choose when they are to be enforced. Yeah, sounds to me like cronie capitalism.

Is there a point in there because you did not address the question I asked you.

Government could run easily without taxing individuals at all. Hear that? At all. They do it to control the people. Period.

Interesting, care to explain how the government would fund things without taxes? I am all ears.

Seems like the government has not done anything about the robber barrons have they?

Show me where I ever said anyone did anything PERFECTLY. I asked you questions.

I say it is time to put the Grand Juries of history back into the hands of the citizens again. Start having some trials on the robber barrons that your beloved government does not seem to want to stop. Then we have some trials on some government officials that want to be in the pockets of the robber barrons you speak of.

Have any make believe doctors that could head those up for you? Nothing like a fraudulent minister to rule over evidence of the truth, eh?

Income taxes DO NOT GO TO SUPPLYING ANYTHING. They go to the damn banks. Maybe you should open your eyes!

I guess I am just going to have to take your word on that?

p.s. the next time someone asks you questions and you want to reply but do not have any of the answers, don't.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I guess I have to be more specific. If a law is on the books and it is not enforced, is it actually a law?

Kinda like the immigration laws and the anti monopoly laws? You know, too big to fail unless the government is either running it or their cronies are.

I said tax on individuals. I get your point, you want government to run all businesses so where else would the government get their money except the slaves.

Maybe you should understand Constitutional laws and Grand Juries in American history instead of calling for the government to enforce only the laws they decide to enforce. For your information Grand Juries are in use today, but the government took the right of the citizens to force a trial using these Grand Juries.

But I see you like tyrants and your slavemasters.

Lick their hands. You make a good slave.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

I guess I have to be more specific. If a law is on the books and it is not enforced, is it actually a law?

I guess I have to be more specific. I asked you two rather easy questions. Why are you having such a hard time just answering them?

Kinda like the immigration laws and the anti monopoly laws? You know, too big to fail unless the government is either running it or their cronies are.

I said tax on individuals. I get your point, you want government to run all businesses so where else would the government get their money except the slaves.

That was my point? I am not sure you "get" much of anything because I never maid a point, much less that. I asked you something. Here I am 3 posts later still explaining that to you. I certainly never said any such ridiculous thing.

Maybe you should understand Constitutional laws and Grand Juries in American history instead of calling for the government to enforce only the laws they decide to enforce. For your information Grand Juries are in use today, but the government took the right of the citizens to force a trial using these Grand Juries.

For your information, that does not change the fact that you have been cheering on this fake doctor and his mock trial as if that meant something. It is not even relevant to the topic but keep bringing it up anyway. How about you just answer my two easy questions?

But I see you like tyrants and your slavemasters.

You assume a great deal. It does not help you put forward a cogent argument against my um...questions.

Lick their hands. You make a good slave.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by endisnighe]

Wow, someone suffers from delusions of some kind. Not only did I never say any of the things you are just imagining about me, I never hinted at such.

I simply asked you two questions. I am so very sorry it has caused the tremendous short circuit I am watching unfold before me.

Like I said before, if you do not intend to answer the questions, do not reply. If you want to reply again, I will just ask you the questions again. See how long you like dodging that.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
And people wonder why this country is falling apart. It is absolutely appalling and insulting on the most profound level as an American that Thomas Jefferson is considered "too liberal" for the education of future Americans. I really wish we could give Texas back to Mexico since that place is such a LOLfest. But whatever, thankfully I'm out of school and in a good career otherwise I would not know how to deal with the American Taliban of Jesusified morons who drop number twos all over education and the future of America.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by PatesHatriots]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by the illuminator

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
I think this woman from the Texas should check her history carefully.

I would imagine that if god or whoever these idiots believe in chose America for anything it would be as his urinating or defecating ground/area.

why do people seem to think that those who believe in Gods are idiots?
some of the smartest people in the world believe in God

look up william lane craig

Just because there's an albino calf once every few years doesn't mean all Buffalo are white. Know what I mean?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
After reading the article I hate to tell you but they are actually trying to restore our history to a resemblance of the truth. Not that they have it all right of course.
If you can find and read some of the our early literature you would see this. Our text books and history books have been changing for the past 75 years or so. It first started by just leaving a few things by the way side. Now some are trying to change events entirely.
Also another truth that a lot of people refuse to believe is that most of the founding fathers were Christians.
www.adherents.com...
After the building of the House of Rep. they even held church services there.
www.loc.gov...
The reason most of you will not believe this is because you were taught that this was not the case because our history have changed.
The entire reason for the separation of Church and State was not to keep religion out of the class rooms. It was meant to keep the Organised Church from taking over the state. God is not the problem in this Country...........People are.
Look at our schools now. SEX, Violence, and drugs are taking over. I blame this mostly on liberals but that is just my opinion. This is what has come from removing God from our schools. Again this is my belief no proof will be posted.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
After reading the article I hate to tell you but they are actually trying to restore our history to a resemblance of the truth. Not that they have it all right of course.
If you can find and read some of the our early literature you would see this. Our text books and history books have been changing for the past 75 years or so. It first started by just leaving a few things by the way side. Now some are trying to change events entirely.
Also another truth that a lot of people refuse to believe is that most of the founding fathers were Christians.
www.adherents.com...
After the building of the House of Rep. they even held church services there.
www.loc.gov...
The reason most of you will not believe this is because you were taught that this was not the case because our history have changed.
The entire reason for the separation of Church and State was not to keep religion out of the class rooms. It was meant to keep the Organised Church from taking over the state. God is not the problem in this Country...........People are.
Look at our schools now. SEX, Violence, and drugs are taking over. I blame this mostly on liberals but that is just my opinion. This is what has come from removing God from our schools. Again this is my belief no proof will be posted.

Couldn't have said it better.

I have 2 kids in Texas schools and i'm all for a change in the history books. The education system has been tilted too far in a direction away from the hard-to-swallow truth for too long IMO.
This countries been sliding downhill for quite awhile now. Lets get back to some old-school teachings and see what happens.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Here is the SOUTH IN A NUTSHELL:

As a whole, the populous of southern states express MUCH less emphasis on education than the rest of the country. Church involvement/membership and sports receive top honors over education.

Guns are well accepted and even encouraged. Witnessing a young child shooting a firearm with his smiling folks at the range or in their yard is not an alarming or unusual sight. Surprisingly, with all the guns around, folks ARE NOT SHOOTING OTHERS or using them for unlawful purposes. They ARE VERY WELL BEHAVED WITH FIREARMS. I believe 100% in owning a gun for protection.

Many teen girls are pregnant in High School, and display no shame or guilt about dropping out. A significant amount of males also drop out before graduation. They believe God and Jesus will guide them though. In most cases that of course doesn't turn out well and they turn to booze and cigarettes and never evolve beyond a busted up trailer home.

Many couples by age 40 have developed into "Brady Bunch" families as through their numerous marriages and divorces they have accumulated SEVERAL children by different spouses. Finally by age 40 or 50 they consider themselves stuck with the other that they are with. DOMESTIC DISPUTES are a CONSTANT occurrence and the kids involved all share different mothers and fathers than the ones they live with.

But heck, they believe some fictional Jesus is on their side, and they will go to their grave believing this, all while NEVER improving the mess that the majority of them experience.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by ToToo]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToToo
Here is the SOUTH IN A NUTSHELL:

As a whole, the populous of southern states express MUCH less emphasis on educated then the rest of the country. Church involvement/membership and sports receive top honors over education.

Guns are well accepted and even encouraged. Witnessing a young child shooting a firearm with his smiling folks at the range or in their yard is not an alarming or unusual sight. Surprisingly, with all the guns around, folks ARE NOT SHOOTING OTHERS or using them for unlawful purposes. They ARE VERY WELL BEHAVED WITH FIREARMS. I believe 100% in owning a gun for protection.

Many teen girls are pregnant in High School, and display no shame or guilt about dropping out. A significant amount of males also drop out before graduation. They believe God and Jesus will guide them though. In most cases that of course doesn't turn out well and they turn to booze and cigarettes and never evolve beyond a busted up trailer home.

Many couples by age 40 have developed into "Brady Bunch" families as through their numerous marriages and divorces they have accumulated SEVERAL children by different spouses. Finally by age 40 or 50 they consider themselves stuck with the other that they are with. DOMESTIC DISPUTES are a CONSTANT occurrence and the kids involved all share different mothers and fathers than the ones they live with.

But heck, they believe some fictional Jesus is on their side, and they will go to their grave believing this, all while NEVER improving the mess that the majority of them experience.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by ToToo]

WOW

Nothing like an idiot that does not know what kind of crap he is spewing out of his blow hole to make you feel good about where you live.
Now as for your facts.......you have none. Well that may not be true we do like our guns

Teenage girls get pregnant through out the US, people live in trailers through out the US, devorce is common through out the US, and Kids all over the US share parents other than the ones they live with. With all of this being said if you would kindly tell me your current address I would be more than happy to tell you where one of the most stupid live.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Sorry, its very true, I've lived there for several years. Nice folks but they AINT RIGHT!!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Oh great. So promoting God and down playing science, recreating history in the image of people who don't know anything that happened more then a mile away, or less then 5 minutes ago. So with a kids science based on God he has two chocies on how to solve a problem. Pray, and hope it goes away, and if that doesen't work his other option is to blow it up.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ToToo

This has nothing to do with them living in the south. We have nuts all over the US. They just have diffent ways of showing it lol

You are entitled to your opinion.
The facts remain though that we have been going the wrong way for a while now..........The more we push God and religion out of the schools the worse they and this country get.
I have been out of school for about 20 years now and I hate what my children are subjected to on a daily basis now. The sixth and seventh graders are experimenting with things seniors where in my day. I can only imagine what it will be like when my childrens children go to school!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Good work on this thread, very scary and its NWO colonialism, at its ugliest. Education is a primary tool and again, is anyone awake, where are the citizens groups organizing in communities to end this.

I'd suggest everyone buy a bullhorn too. I don't understand why political leaders aren't used to having their offices surrounded by huge crowds with bullhorns. I noticed how they cringed at Alex Jones, but there was a look of alarm. Thats the look they need to wear permanently.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Unity_99]

SM2

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Ok, so I see there are some people amongst us that would deny history, for a version they would personally prefer. Lets examine some actual history here. Seperation of church and state was an idea, that would stop the government from a state sanctioned religion. Thats it. now, we must understand that this country was founded on christian principals. I understand that and I am not a christian. The Ten Commandments are the basis of our laws. How about "In God We Trust" on all of our money? You do realise that "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Most of the founding Fathers were of Christian faiths, there was even a bible printed and endorsed by Congress, beginiing in 1782
www.wallbuilders.com...
Now, I am not a bible thumper or even a christian, but what is wrong with teaching that this country was founded by christians, on christian principals? It is not false, it is true, you may not like it,but, thats the way it is.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The pendulum has swung way to far to the left, but liberals seem to have little concern. When it swings back to the far right, it's going to sting a bit.

Conservatives have been giving with no take and liberals have done nothing but grow greedier. I, my self, prefer a good balance but, I will settle for a recompassing of consevative values - liberals, it' going to sting a bit.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToToo
reply to post by Quadrivium

Sorry, its very true, I've lived there for several years. Nice folks but they AINT RIGHT!!

Sounds like somebody couldn't break into a better social circle while living in the Lone Star State.

JMHO of course.. but I have a feeling I am spot on

I live in Texas, do not live in a trailer and no, my daughter is not knocked up.. guess what we all still have our own teeth, and my kids are in a college prep school. And all the other Texans I know, actually do have a brain and use them.

shocking I know!

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Justaposter]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well. Actually. Most of this is correct. Slaves were hardly the only thing on the slave trade, and Communism, while the greatest system on Earth, is hardly a beauty under that time period.

So yea. What's insane about it?

But yea, its really expected. When you sway everything towards liberalism, you get a fallback of extreme conservative.

That said too, this is hardly extreme, insane, or anything you are making it out to be.

I find a lot of your posts to be increasingly dramatic. perhaps less !!!!!, ALL CAPS, and !?!?!?! would make your case more readable and sane.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Interesting, As a liberal progressive like me, where does Thomas Paine sit?
as a liberal, is his contribution to the creation of America going to be sidelined?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Man
The Bible says God hates America, aka Babylon, and he's going to wipe it off the Earth.

I don't know if you're Christian, but personally, if there's a God he was around long before this book written by man. The bible says to not idolize symbols or anything else. That includes the cross and images of Jesus, which are often manipulated to represent Saturnus or Quetzlcoatl. To me, each religious text does contain some accurate history but it also contains manipulations with motive.

I believe the bible, koran, etc. border on mind control. With them being held in high regard, TPTB can manipulate the world and predict the reaction of huge swathes of people. How many Jews and Christians feel self-righteous when Jerusalem is fought over? Nevertheless, these texts are a record of something... and we should not overlook the potential to learn, decode and discover hidden truths within.

The ancient Roman agenda - the one behind some or all books of the bible - serves to destroy America. All roads lead to Rome

The whole problem is our inability to realize we are still paying for this land we are told was conquered, but really wasn't. If we end the Fed, the Roman masters will make our lives hell until we start paying rent again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join