It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP says siphon tube is working

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

I guess my catas-trophy pun didn't work so well did it...just trying to lighten it up a bit.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

In light of your recent epic fails in 2 other posts that hold no good info but those you see as right and i think for you it should be spelled "CASH-TASTROPHY"

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What I don't get is your article states the tube was inserted into a 21 inch pipe.
The article I posted my thread on says the tube that was inserted was only 4 inches wide.

The four-inch wide pipe was inserted into the leaking riser, from which the majority of the flow of oil is coming. If it works, it could siphon a substantial amount of the oil leaking from the damaged well into barges and tankers floating on the surface of the sea.

www.washingtonpost.com...

That's like putting a drinking straw into a wide mouthed margarita glass and hoping to suck it all up before it spills when you turn it upside down.

How does BP expect us to believe this will do anything other than pacify the pro-offshore oil drillers in the first place?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings

how long should we wait for the catastrophy before we can move on to another one?

No need to wait, it's already here except being hidden somewhat for a little while.
nah.. it'll never hit land.

Your flippancy over disaster, IMO indicates that you are a long long way from the Gulf of Mexico, and have no roots or concerns anywhere near the region. Besides oil revenues maybe.
ooops, got all of those wrong too...except the oil revenues, you got that one right.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

No sweetie, I see no light coming from you whatsoever. Please keep changing your avatar though...would really like to see something with boobs, glitter and more glowing atmospherics by the end of the day. You'll be here, right?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

The original drill string I believe is only like 4" so maybe...?

I want to see some new subsea footage with the siphon tube in place.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

What do you have against Ripley?
Anyway, I have another hour or so and then Doc takes over.
cheers!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I talked to a person"Kevin Mason"who works in the Oil Industry.what he says is that BP could have covered or capped the hole a few days after it happened.

But the reserve is so big that if they capped it ,then there would have been a total loss by BP.so by allowing the spill to continue they "tanked all the other options"on purpose only to cry"the only way we stop it is to drill on the sides of the leak"therefore not only still making a profit the keep the reserve open for business.

More or less this spill is like collateral damage of sorts.the guy says that he backs this because BP has refused help from several firms that could have averted this.

Mo-Money Mo-Money Mo-money(Just wondering????)

and yes im Just wondering

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Well, those smart investors say BP is a BUY now.
Just a hint, this is a great time to get into BP really cheap.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The more i respond to you the more i get used to you.. like a seven year itch or something..so where do i buy those stocks....I know you have first hand info

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012

The more i respond to you the more i get used to you.. like a seven year itch or something..so where do i buy those stocks....I know you have first hand info

lol.

2nd line

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Are you a paid troll?

I dunno? Many here believe that. Fairly new and already you have stirred the pot.

Let's check thread history here.

BP says siphon tube is working 16-5-2010

Where's The Oil?Model Suggests May Be Gone... 15-5-2010

A Message To All Oil Spill Gloomers---RELAX! 11-5-2010

[edit on 16-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen We take a brief intermission here on this thread to stretch get refreshments or bathroom breaks as we wait for the"Doc Velocity"segment to begin

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

Originally posted by andy1033

Also it is not a fix.

They admit to that.

Duh, the only permanent fix is the secondary hole.
BUT this repair will stop the oil from leaking into your precious oceans...

and thus catastrophy FAIL.

Interesting way to put it - "YOUR precious oceans." What do you mean by that?

I believe they are yours too, are they not? Unless you are some mindless, heartless BP shill and they are not yours because unless it is green or black, it is not worth anything to you? Are they not Newt's oceans too?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't believe I fit the definition of "troll". I start threads and use facts and links to back up my statements.
I think a troll simply jumps in, says something rude and then jumps out to his next target.
so no...I am not a troll, I actually contribute to threads.

Which brings me to you. lets see, you jumped in, made a brash statement and jumped out...hhmmm...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Kent Wells, BP's senior vice president for exploration and production, said during a news conference that the amount being drawn was gradually increasing, and it would take several days to measure it. Company spokesman Mark Proegler at the joint spill command center in Louisiana had initially said the tube was containing most of the oil coming from the pipe, which is contributing an estimated 85 percent of the crude in the spill.

Source

1) We don't know HOW MUCH oil is being taken from the leak.
2) This is only 1 of 3 leaks in the riser, putting a plug in it and siphoning SOME out may, potentially, greatly increase the amount coming out of the two other leaks.

Also:

Researchers have found more underwater plumes of oil than they can count from the blown-out well, said Samantha Joye, a professor of marine sciences at the University of Georgia. She said careful measurements taken of one plume showed it stretching for 10 miles, with a 3-mile width.

One computer model shows that the oil has already entered the current, while a second model shows the oil is 3 miles from it

We are hardly out of the danger zone.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

[edit on 5/16/10 by Angry Danish]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I meant "the" precious oceans, "the"...simply mis-spoke, sorry.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I meant "the" precious oceans, "the"...simply mis-spoke, sorry.

If you miss-spoke, I would have heard you. My speakers are off. You write poorly is what it is but hey, why quibble over that.

These facts you say you are presenting? Why is it your threads get overwhelmed with "counter-" facts and then you just start a new one?

Why is it you think that this thread started out with facts only to find out you do not know how big the siphon tube is or how much oil it is actually catching?

Why is it that you have been asked if you work for BP and have avoided it? You could easily just lie?

Just wondering.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Nah, I think you have shown your true meaning and pathology with that mis-speak and as you tire you will get more and more sloppy and easy to read. There are a lot more people here willing to fight for the truth day in and day out and you won't outlast us...in fact I think you will inadvertently out yourself entirely by Monday.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Not that it matters but I for one do not believe that the OP works for BP or is shilling for the oil industry. For one the oil industry shills come armed with some reasoning, twisted as it may be, based on cherry picked facts. The OP does not.

It is my suspicion and much more likely that the OP is actually a radical environmentalist. After all, he has done an excellent job of uniting us against his pretended cause. Genius really.

And they say reverse psychology is a lost art.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join