It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You All Think BP Wants To Fix The Spill? Your Crazy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Alright,

The spill in the golf coast has been a constant on ATS and in the news since it happened on April 20th.

Every couple of days we get an update stating they've tried something new and that hasn't worked and they are now going to try something else.

The truth of the matter is, BP doesn't want to take responsibility, they don't want to fix the well themselves.

Why?

Cause then they would have to fund the cleanup, settle all the lawsuits etc...

IMO, they are waiting for it to get so out of hand that the Government will HAVE to take over operations, excluding them of the fault and the bill for the cleanup.

This is going to paid for out of YOUR pocket America. Altough I believe this should be an international affair as it will effect everybody in the long run.

Another key fact is that in cleaning this mess up, we will most certainly start asking more and more questions. What happened? Where's the rig data?

Why didn't they have more protections in place if the risk of problems are high in deep water wells?

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but I also believe this is all part of the grander plan of bankrupting America and hurting it's citizens so that it devolves into a civil war.

Kind of like what Greece is turning into right now. More divide and conquer so that we give more of our rights to our government handlers.

Another interesting notion is the price of oil. I have no idea if the prices have gone up or down since the spill, but I assume such an event would have a profound impact.

This is obviously mostly opinion, meshed with the facts that I have read in the media (taken with a grain of salt ofcourse) but does anybody else agree that there is something else going on here?

That this simply isn't an "accident" that they are diligently working to repair, fix and clean up?

I would think that if such a resource were so important to BP and it's lively hood the response would have been quite different.

Any takers?

~Keeper

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thats why i do not understand why obama did not step in straight away. It should of been a national threat and dealt with in that way.

Katrina was bad, and bush was criticized but why quiet on obama, and how the media has kept quiet on this.

The anglo american empire company that is bp should be destroyed for what they did if it is true. Bit of course bp is anglo american so that is above the president really.

But the american government has the power to destroy BP.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by andy1033]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I usually agree with you on most of your threads.

But you are Dead Wrong on this.

Companies do exploration and work with Little to No regard for failure.

BP got caught being Not Prepared for this Spew.

To think they will be able to pass the buck on this , is silly.

They are on the Hook.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

I usually agree with you on most of your threads.

But you are Dead Wrong on this.

Companies do exploration and work with Little to No regard for failure.

BP got caught being Not Prepared for this Spew.

To think they will be able to pass the buck on this , is silly.

They are on the Hook.

Sure, socially they are, but they won't get as big of a slap as they deserve and we both know that.

I hope I am wrong and that they bankrupt themselves cleaning this mess they created. I just don't think it will happen.

Look at Monsanto and those companies who have destroyed some of the worlds most beautiful places, and have poisoned our population, they are left to continue doing exactly what it is they want.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/16/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I agree.

The politicians will look out for BP before us...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

In my honest opinion I see this as a staged event to further the green agendas that have thus far failed miserably.

Gulf spill could boost energy reform

I've just obtained an interesting new poll that suggests Dems have a real opportunity to seize on the Gulf spill to make energy reform a major issue, perhaps even in the midterm elections. The poll strongly supports the view, expressed by Al Gore and many others, that the spill represents a real chance to achieve a fundamental shift in the public conversation on energy reform. It shows how absurd it is that so many in the Senate have decided that the spill should make reform less likely. The poll -- done for Clean Energy Works, a coalition of environmental groups, by Joel Benenson, who's also Obama's chief pollster -- was sent over by a source, and you can read it right here. Key findings:

voices.washingtonpost.com...

You see, they tried to be nice about it and make us believe that the planet was warming up and stuff but when that failed they took the gloves off.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Thats why i do not understand why obama did not step in straight away. It should of been a national threat and dealt with in that way.

Because he allowed them to drill without permits. He is duplicitous.

www.nytimes.com...

U.S. Said to Allow Drilling Without Needed Permits
By IAN URBINA
Published: May 13, 2010

WASHINGTON — The federal Minerals Management Service gave permission to BP and dozens of other oil companies to drill in the Gulf of Mexico without first getting required permits from another agency that assesses threats to endangered species — and despite strong warnings from that agency about the impact the drilling was likely to have on the gulf.

(snip)

Responding to the accusations that agency scientists were being silenced, Ms. Barkoff added, “Under the previous administration, there was a pattern of suppressing science in decisions, and we are working very hard to change the culture and empower scientists in the Department of the Interior.”

The previous administration? You mean, no one in this administration has paid any attention for 16 months? Really?

NOW they are working to change it? Really?

The scientists, none of whom wanted to be quoted by name for fear of reprisals by the agency or by those in the industry, said they had repeatedly had their scientific findings changed to indicate no environmental impact or had their calculations of spill risks downgraded.

“You simply are not allowed to conclude that the drilling will have an impact,” said one scientist who has worked for the minerals agency for more than a decade. “If you find the risks of a spill are high or you conclude that a certain species will be affected, your report gets disappeared in a desk drawer and they find another scientist to redo it or they rewrite it for you.”

Maybe this is why

www.cbsnews.com...

Angry Obama Seeks to Deflect Blame for Gulf Oil Spill Crisis
May 14, 2010 3:41 PM

President Obama may have decried finger-pointing today, but he also did a fair amount of it himself. Not only at the three companies, but at previous administrations.

Here's what he said today when he turned the finger at the federal government:

Watch CBS News Videos Online"For too long, for a decade or more, there has been a cozy relationship between the oil companies and the federal agency that permits them to drill. It seems as if permits were too often issued based on little more than assurances of safety from the oil companies. That cannot and will not happen anymore."

A year and a half later, and it's not his problem, YET?

Why didn't he enforce the laws before this disaster?

Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

That doesn't surprise me one bit.

I guess it's a good method eh?

Scare people into thinking the environment is going to crap, and when that doesn't work, MAKE the environment go to crap!

Disgusting...

~Keeper

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hell, Obama doesnt care if this gets cleaned up or not. It's gonna be alot easier for him to try and ban homeland drilling, forcing us to buy all of our oil from overseas, not just most of it. FURTHER bankrupting us...

On a side note:

taken a few days earlier:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I guess your theory is all shot to hell...
(the siphon tube is working)

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

No it isn't.

I love that you claim thing as being factual when in another thread, there are 2 different news sources, from the same time, one claiming it works, the other claiming it isn't.

Stop quoting hearsay as fact.

It's unbecoming of you.

~Keeper

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by jackflap

That doesn't surprise me one bit.

I guess it's a good method eh?

Scare people into thinking the environment is going to crap, and when that doesn't work, MAKE the environment go to crap!

Disgusting...

~Keeper

That's the smartest comment I have heard yet on this topic. Global warming was questionable to put it mildly. So if the contrived global disaster wasn't getting it done, the "real one" darn sure will.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Yet people still support Obama? LOL

I believe the OP. I personally think that BP is waiting for the government to take over and clean up this mess. This is the 2nd disaster that BP has been involved. The other one was the chemical plant explosion in Texas. It makes me now they either paid off the inspectors or they just ignored them and said it would cost too much.

Money is the root of all evil.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

When you say working do you mean it is going to fix the problem?

Or do you mean the people in charge of this actually said they had l"limited success" .... ?

...a tube had been inserted into the leaking pipe overnight and captured "some amounts of oil and gas."

BP succeeded Sunday in capturing some oil and gas by inserting a mile-long tube into the main Gulf of Mexico leak, but did not say what percentage of the gusher was being contained.

"While not collecting all of the leaking oil, this tool is an important step in reducing the amount of oil being released into Gulf waters," the statement said.

"There's a shocking amount of oil in the deep water, relative to what you see in the surface water," University of Georgia researcher Samantha Joye was quoted as saying by The New York Times.

source article: news.yahoo.com...

This is actually LESS than a band-aid. They won't even say how much they're capturing. This is not even a "clean up" effort... this is a "stop the freaking gusher of oil" effort... with limited success.

I've had the same feelings about this as the OP does from the get go.

Honestly, how'd we do last time with holding all those banks accountable for their actions?? Boy we put our foot down there didn't we....

You'll have a hard time convincing me the American people are capable of doing anything, let alone holding a multi-billion (trillion?) multi-national company accountable for their actions.

Only time will tell.

edit to add source

[edit on 16-5-2010 by ImaNutter]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

More proof Obama was brought here to bankrupt us. My proof is in these links:

article: first time I heard about Barack

Return of Akhenaten

I am surprised nobody has yet countered these links. I don't believe in coincidences. And nobody has any proof of Obama before 1993. No girlfriends have come out stating they dated him before.

He is here to bankrupt us!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I see that the oil disaster is being rather halfheartedly resolved with little to no effort.

We're hearing of this as a means that BP is responsible but I'm not convinced.

Not saying I'm not convinced they are responsible, because they are, but they are not very convincing in their efforts, because they are not even trying as far as I see.

The Gulf of B.P. Oil Disaster : A National Emergency Situation and Smoke On the Water

I do see that they are going to wait until the Federal Government of America steps in.

Stalling so as to not be completely responsible for their problems like a typical corporation.

I sure hope if Obama steps in, he gives them the bill, instead of America.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

What are you guys talking about BP has all ready accepted responsibility. In fact said they will reimburse all damages donr by this even above what legally they are required to do by law.

"It is indeed BP's responsibility to deal with this, and we are dealing with it," Tony Hayward told Morning Edition's Steve Inskeep.

"We will absolutely be paying for the cleanup operation. There is no doubt about that. It's our responsibility — we accept it fully," he added.

might want to read this
articles.latimes.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^^

That's all fine and dandy but a) they aren't cleaning it up b) it is still going c) it is getting worse....

Of course they stood up tall on tv and said the right things.

Don't they always?

What the OP is proposing, I believe, is that BP will drag its feet until it is a full blown National Emergency... maybe claiming that the "scope of this catastrophe is so large that we are going to need assistance" and then from there it is politicians (from both sides of the isles like the bank bailouts) telling America how if we don't do this the world will end.

We did it with the banks already... twice.

Look at it this way... I read in one report that BP had supposedly spent a couple HUNDRED million dollars already trying to fix this... and they're not even close....

How much will it cost to actually stop the gusher, cap it off, and then clean up the Gulf and the effected areas? What would it cost them to accept full responsibility by cleaning it up entirely, and do they have the money to cover it if they have already spent hundreds of millions doing essentially nothing?

I'm not going to pretend to know how it's going to play out but this game feels pretty familiar....

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
BP will profit from this ! Any penalty imposed will be less than the insurance they will recieve ! How can the Government discuss capping the liability ? They should be liable in full .This should have been a State of a Emergency in the first 24-36 hours . Niether Corporate or Government appear genuine in there efforts , seems to be just token gestures all round with nothing but talk. I believe there is a agenda here that reeks of both environmental and financial terrorism .With the American economy being so fragile at the moment , this could well be the tipping point in the near future . On this the sounds of silence is deafening . Fishermen , wharf workers , packing and handlers , transport and logistics , wholesalers , marine tourism and liesure will all be affected . Placing further pressure on the financial system . More unemployment = more people drawing on social security and less tax revenue comming into the coffers to cover it , as well as less spending in the community ( retail ). The domino effect will touch a cross at least a million people that are interdependant on each other for trade , least we forget the damage to the environment . I find it curious that the price of the barrel hasn't fluctuated much since this event but never mind you will pay at the pump some where in the future .This event may have lasting effects that may continue for years , say the leak is sealed today !How long before fishermen can return to harvest . This is a mammoth issue yet all those involved appear relaxed and fresh without a care in the world . Maybe their jobs a secure ?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
i think that the whole thing is playing out as a total function of bad science, and risk management gone horribly wrong.

The pressures they encountered are way about the norm. no one understands. 10 years ago, hydrates were only thought to exhist in deep space. most research is

top topics

<<   2 >>

join