It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese form human chain at US base

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_
Stop thinking like a 12 years old man. Do you really think that the US sets bases all over the world and helps a whole lot of places for free?

Learn something... no country does things for free for no one, big fat period.

I personally think america uses bases all over this world, for electronic mind control. Why on earth are they still in europe?

I think the anglo american empire, has all this american empire just to control.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

I think it's about time to send our troops back home. Not only will it save us a tremendous amount of money, but it may also ease tensions around the world. People are making it painfully clear that the US and all of her bully policies are not welcome in their countries. This is Japan and not some Middle Eastern nation.

Lets stop policing the world at the tax-payers expense and send our brave soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen home to protect our own country. God only knows that we need to secure our own borders. Lets end this ultra expensive empire that only benefits the special and corporate interests at the expense of the people.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

My lord, look at all the stars you racked up for that disgusting American hate speech!

I never realized the same country that is fist to show up feed the worlds hungry, protect the innocent peoples earth from real and potential genocide, donates 100s of billions of dollars to better the lives of those suffering from natural disasters, cures/vaccinates/eliminates disease on a global scale Was so FLIPPING EVIL!

So make a note, since the United States of America is such a tyrant, take a stand against against tyranny nations of the earth! Next time your nation gets hit with an earth quake/Invasion/tsunami just tell the Americans "no Thanks." "We can handle it!"

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

The Japanese did attack us first however, we practically begged for it. The Japanese knew that they were eventually going to have to go to war with us.

Just to ensure that you don't fall into the trap of simplifying history and paintinga picture that it was only the US who fought the Japanese.

Japan attacked everyone who was in their way. They attacked the US and the British Empire and although the Japanese may have fought a Pacific War agaist a US opponent you must not forget that the Great Britain and the Commonwealth fought in the Pacific too - e.g British carriers at Okinawa.

Japan fought the British and Commonwealth across SE Asia and were ultimately defeated in that theatre by them.

No one begged for war.

Regards

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois
I never realized the same country that is fist to show up feed the worlds hungry, protect the innocent peoples earth from real and potential genocide, donates 100s of billions of dollars to better the lives of those suffering from natural disasters, cures/vaccinates/eliminates disease on a global scale Was so FLIPPING EVIL!

I thought america was the country who dropped 2 atom bombs on japan, i wonder they they do not want you there, and you practically made sure the pas would attack you in ww2.

The list goes on why people do not like america, and namely alot of countries would of been better without them, and america has literally stolen so many resources of so many countries, just to keep your society the way it is.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by i944002

This is Japan and not some Middle Eastern nation.

There is a reason there are American troops on Japanese soil. We'll tell them when we're done there, and at that point we'll leave.

Too many Americans died because of the Japanese during WW2...Perhaps we should remind the Japanese why we are there. Perhaps the youth in Japan need a reminder of the atrocities they committed during WW2.

Japan, you have come a long ways since then. But your **** if you think we're gonna leave you alone just yet. We also still have troops in Germany. After what happened during WW2, America has been keeping watch over the world. Unless you'd rather somebody else took up the job, perhaps the Japanese who sided with the fascists? Sounds good to me.

Ok so the japanese attacking a military base in pearl harbour was an atrocity ? It was a military base !

and the US bombing citites with innocent civilians isnt an atrocity ?

Japan didnt side with the facists they simply saw the war in europe as a distraction to expand their empire !

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

My lord, look at all the stars you racked up for that disgusting American hate speech!

Are you kidding me? What about that is anti-American? If anything, it is patriotic to the core.

You seem to be forgetting where "America" gets the money to fund all of these pursuits. FROM ME and my neighbors, as it was stolen, taken without my permission so that corporate and special interests could move their agenda forward. Nobody asked my permission, or that of my neighbors, to use my money to further policies that I don't agree with for the benefit of a select few.

You also seem to be forgetting about all the negative stuff we do. Such things as starting wars of aggression, backing brutal dictators as they oppress their people and commit some of the worst human rights abuses, bankrupting other countries for their submission, over-throw democratically elected governments, supply weapons and money to already financially sound nations who in turn use that support to commit atrocities on the scale of the alleged holocaust or greater as well as lie cheat and steal from their own citizens. It's kind of funny how you forgot to mention those little FACTS.

So make a note, since the United States of America is such a tyrant, take a stand against against tyranny nations of the earth! Next time your nation gets hit with an earth quake/Invasion/tsunami just tell the Americans "no Thanks." "We can handle it!"

Just to let you know, I am American, I'm a retired paratrooper veteran and I'm a stone cold patriot. It is not America that I have a problem with, it is the tyrannical government who has hijacked my beloved beacon of liberty and managed to wrestle control of my freedoms, creating policies that only benefit special and corporate interests at my expense and the expense of my fellow citizens. To love your country is patriotism but to love your government instead of your country is foolish and ignorant. Lets deny ignorance.

--airspoon

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

and where is america getting the money to pay for this now ?

dont china own all of your debt ?

surely if your corrupt governments hadnt allowed crazy bankers to blow all your tax dollars on funding the military industrial complex to steal resources and spread the evil empire
we woudlnt be having this discussion !

Its amazing how much america cares about the rest of the wolrd , that your so happy to poison the lands your armies fight in , and sell weapons to countries to fight proxy wars , so that you can eventually muscle their governments out and place a US friendly puppet regime , only then to allow the US mega corps of the military industrial complex to come in and get those big contracts to rebuild the country to fund your failing economy !

dont confuse me with someone who thinks that their own government can do no wrong , my country is just as #ed as yours , but probably wouldnt be as bad if we didnt jump into bed with your corrupt empire !

I understand your american and you love america , but its when you blindly defend your government and their shady history , thats when you look like an idiot and a hypocrite and only serve to meet the stereotypical american !

But forget all this my government this , your government that

Hi my name is Paul , im from scotland , in pleased to meet you !

[edit on 17-5-2010 by sapien82]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Actually, in a bit of irony, Japan holds a large part (2nd largest I believe, behind China but only recently surpassed by China) of our debt as well as China.

--airspoon

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I've lived in Okinawa on and off for a few years. I'm actually going back there soon. Heres the thing, they have been protesting for years and years since we came there, this is not a new topic. Its only new here because its showing up in the news as of late. Its not even a protest when they call like two days a head to tell the Americans they are protesting. Yes, the Marines there are dumb as all heck, but like I said its nothing new, and yes they suck, but we have a contract with them that was signed after WW2 for having a base on their land for so many years, I'm pretty sure there is a long, long time before we move, and if they do move the base, it will be shocking. But dont hold your breath. Okinawa is the Keystone to the Pacific, I doubt we'll give it up easy.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I personally think america uses bases all over this world, for electronic mind control. Why on earth are they still in europe?

Ha ha, well I would guess by how many people around the world currently feel about America that their mind control scheme is not working, lol.

As to why America is still in Europe, that is not a mystery. You can easily learn that for yourself by study recent world history through google, and I'm thinking you might want to do that before leaping to the least likely answer such as mind control or whatever other conspiracy your into.

As far as the US leaving the Japanese base, I wonder how many of those protesters would be protesting the government in the years after the base closes because they have no jobs and no money? It's not like you shut the base down and all those indigent jobs can be transferred to private business right away, that will take a decade to establish.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Exactly, with us gone, Okinawa's Econmy would crumble. Back in 2008, all the bases were closed, and Americans were aloud to leave base for a few months. Because of just that incident, Okinawa lost sooo much money. I'm sure you can find figures if you look, but we pump at least 700 million into their econmy annually.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Yes, this is Japan. You know, the one that attacked us in WWII.

Most of the other places I agree we have to bring home, but Japan is not one of them. They picked a fight, got their asses handed to them. We only took a small piece of land and payed to rebuild them.

All wars since have been pussy political crap.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

First off...this is absolutely not noteworthy. I was Stationed on MCAS Futenma when I was in the Marines and this happens at every US installation on the island all the time.

There has been talk of relocating this base since before I arrived here in 98(ain't gonna happen). I did get something sweet out of the deal though since they soundproofed my apartment for free and gave me three new air conditioners. _javascript:icon('
')

I still live on Okinawa with my wife, and I can tell you...for the most part...the majority of locals don't give two farts that the military is here as long as they are mindful of the culture and courtesies.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrakeDarc
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Exactly, with us gone, Okinawa's Econmy would crumble. Back in 2008, all the bases were closed, and Americans were aloud to leave base for a few months. Because of just that incident, Okinawa lost sooo much money. I'm sure you can find figures if you look, but we pump at least 700 million into their econmy annually.

That was my next point!....I am by no means Pro-Gvt' but if the US presence were to leave this island the economy would tank. The Japanese government doesn't give a rat's arse about Okinawa.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Japan has always been the perfect example for a future world union. To be so nationalistic is to be dumb. Let them form their chain. It won't do anything really.

I don't understand why US troops should leave. Japan is kind of like a US-close-friend-not-protectorate thing. Especially times like now they need ever more help. You may not know this, but Japan simply does not desire a military, so they use the US military instead. It works. Why leave?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
These 17,000 protesters are expressing an opinion which the majority of Japanese probably do not agree with. The 17,000 are expressing the ideal, embodied in SHINTOISM [chientao] and BUDDHISM [zen] the two traditional religion of Japan, that actions of violence are futile and destroy the soul of the violent person in a reincarnation in the nightmare of hell. Thus Shintoist and Buddhist are in agreement about changing the violent nature which so many Japanese mindlessly embrace. There might also be a strong CHRISTIAN presence amid the 17,000. My own opinion is in harmony with the opinion expressed by the 17,000 protester. I too preach that in order to be in accordance with the "Way of Heaven" it is necessary to reject the "Way of Man". Militarism [way of man] is a sin in the sight of God and a crime against humanity. I use the word God, which in the Bible refers to the femininity of the Holy Spirit, which is not the same as the LORD which is the masculinity of the Evil Spirit. Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a man of war. The LORD is his name". If you are violent unto others then others will be violent unto you. He who lives by the sword will die by the sword. The USA are not alone in committing the militarism. It is a problem all around the world and across the universe. Atomic weapons exist and serve no legitimate lawful objective except to mass murder millions of civilians in a holocaust of global proportions. There is no resolution of this problem so the armaggedon apocalypse is unavoidable. The day will come.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Why leave? Because it is America's financial burden. So what if they don't desire a military, why should I then have to pay for their defense? Because America doesn't desire a single payer health care system, should the good people of Japan then provide us with one?

--airspoon

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

Yes, this is Japan. You know, the one that attacked us in WWII.
Most of the other places I agree we have to bring home, but Japan is not one of them. They picked a fight, got their asses handed to them. We only took a small piece of land and payed to rebuild them.
All wars since have been pussy political crap.

The only person picking a fight is you. Bully bully, torture torture, murder murder. The USA are obviously going to get severely hurt as their militaristic chauvinism back fires in their face and no one will want to go to assist them. The USA military presence around the world has lost all sense of legality. The USA are not there in Japan for so as to be of service. They are only their to exploit and literally enslave and murder. The average american marine is no more intelligent than a pig on the farm. I know the americans personally. The Japanese can see what the USA are doing in other countries. They do not exist in a vacuum. Japanese are far more intelligent than any I have ever met from the USA. American IQ is usually well below average. Japanese have the highest IQ in the world. Intelligence quota IQ measures actual brain functionality. The militarism is simply Cain murdering his brother Abel. The Book of Genesis in the Holy Bible is a good read but obviously none of you seem to read it.

Here in the British Isles, in the United Kingdom and the Irish Republic, the american military are not allowed to leave their North Atlantic Treaty Organisation NATO bases, and their US Navy warships are forbidden to enter British or Irish terratorial waters. Remember that the USA was a British Crown Terratory until the declaration of independence just over 200 years ago now. That declaration of independence was, in its day, not so different to what those Japanese are doing today by requesting that the americans withdraw their military presence in Japan. The Japanese have a right to make such requests. The US nationals now resident in Japan due to marriages or whatever, should be told to leave too. If their Japanese spouse loves her or his spouse so much then they will stay together by leaving Japan to take up residence in the USA. Obviously Japan are not in need of the USA, but clearly the USA are in need of Japan. For example all the electronic products made in Japan, that the americans so desperately depend upon for the very existance of their posh and lazy life style. If the average american in the USA had to make their own electronics products they would not even know where to begin because quite simply they are so "disgustingly corpulent" and "lacking the brain functionality". The US Department of Defence, Army and Navy, have said so in their recent publication.

The Mormons Religion of the USA would have you believe that the Native Americans are all descended from the Hebrews, Tribe of Judah in particular, but unfortunate for the Mormon Religion the Holy Bible is not backing them up on that. More importantly scientific DNA examinations conducted by European investigators have proven what is patently obvious to anyone with eyes in their head, in that the Native American population are clearly ancestrally descended from Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Mongol Race generally. The USA militaristic presence all around the world is the most disgusting form of hate crime and racial genocide the world will ever know.

[edit on 17/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]

NB: To those who know some things about the capability of the USA military, I suggest that the USA domination in the Pacific might be in for a buffeting. This is because the Russians and the Chinese have developed sophisticated advanced technological weapons that can very easilly sink various previously invincible Naval assets. In my humble judgement, based on my Navy experience in submarines, Aircraft Carriers always were vulnerable. One torpedo and they go down. Such assets are usually surrounded by a small armada of destroyers skipping about to protect them against submarine attack. Now even more so. But the new generation of weapons have never been tested in live conflict. Russia and China combined could easilly challenge the USA dominance and come out of it the winners. The USA know this and are thus at pains to keep the Japanese under the domination of USA militarism. So I see no eagerness in the USA for withdrawing from their base in Okinawa. It is thus interesting as regard to developments in South Korea, who are presently getting hot under the collar about their little "corvette" [smallest of naval ship] that hit a mine, that had accidentally brocken its moorings and came adrift. I know it must have been a mine, because I tell you now that to successfully torpedo a "corvette" or a "frigate" is impossible, since their draft [amount of the hull below the water line] is too little. To successfully torpedo a "Destroyer" is possible, because a Destroyer has more draft. But the South Korean vessel was no more than a Corvette. It is thus highly obnoxious if South Korean militarists use this accident to create an escalation of tensions with North Korea. I believe that the USA are fanning up the conflict on the penninsular for so as to have a market for further weapons sales and so as to be able to convince the Japanese that the USA presence at Okinawa is necessary. However, since it was only a little Corvette that hit a mine, it all seems a bit much if it all explodes into Strategic Armaggedon.

[edit on 17/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I totally agree with you airspoon , I have similar feelings about why the UK are in afghanistan still !

We shouldnt be there at all , we are wasting money for nothing , its the same with the UK we really shouldnt even have nuclear deterrent why would anyone want to NUKE the UK its a tiny island !

anyways there is no way that okinawa will ever be relenquished by the US , its a choke point for the whole of the pacific , you only have to recall the battle for okinawa , brutally protrayed by many a film and in recent months ep 7 - 8 of pacific to see how much the US and japanese fought for it , its that important

I feel for you and your fellow americans having to waste your money on fruitless military endeavours !

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join