It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese form human chain at US base

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I say, WIPE OUT OUR DEBT, or we leave the area. I also say america should charge peoples we protect. Why do we have to protect and not get paid. America is tired of getting the shaft. Help here, help there. protect here, Save here. Hey America, do you really think anyone is going to help you? NOONE WILL HELP YOU. NOONE. America helps all over, aid here, aid there. HEY AMERICA WAKE UP. Who sent us AID for katrina? Name one country that did. Just one.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Who cares? The intelligence largely supports the Japanse and they can get their own intelligence and they can provide it to us should they need our military or political support. Japan is one of the richest countries in the world as are South Korea and much of Europe. They are big boys and can take care of themselves.

How does a Chinese base on Japan hurt the US, to the extent that the Japanese would let them establish one, which they won't, how does that hurt the US.

The world has moved beyond this geopolitical chess piece nonsense. War is played out in the economic realm and this troop positioning crap is just current political leaders playing Alexander the Great. The world is far too interconnected for any legitimate power to get aggressive.

You mention North Korea. Great example. We've be unable to stop their nuke program, can see exactly where their troops are via satelites. What exactly are we getting from troops on the ground in South Korea? Do you really think the North Koreans are going to send a million men south?

Even if they did, half of them would defect

Its a bunch of rubbish

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
So then what would an American base on the Island help?

As it stands right now, with a US base in Japan, a attack on Japan would be considered a attack on the US. Its a military determent.

What could America then do that it can't from say, Hawaii?

As I stated, Japan is a major hub for asia-pacific intelligence gathering. You always have to have eyes close to the scene, you cannot rely soley on satellites and predator drone pictures for all your intel. The US mililtary and CIA love redundency.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by FreeSpeaker]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
America helps all over, aid here, aid there. HEY AMERICA WAKE UP. Who sent us AID for katrina? Name one country that did. Just one.

You yourself need to wake up my friend. I pay some of the highest taxes in the world, so take a look and see what my tax dollars did for Katrina.

Canadian response to Hurricane Katrina

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I say, WIPE OUT OUR DEBT, or we leave the area.

hahaha
In case you didn't figure it out, they don't want you there to begin with!

I also say america should charge peoples we protect.

You are charging them, you are overthrowing them and installing your own agenda into the govt. of a sovereign nation

The price you insist on is sovereignty
Guess what?
It's a little more than just "influence"

Why do we have to protect and not get paid. America is tired of getting the shaft.

Oh you are getting "Shafted" alrite!!!
From behind!!!
Guess who is the penetrator?

.....WRONG!!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

thats right, your tax dollars. im talking about other countries. reread what i said. And while your doing that, check out the washington post and see where funds for katrina went. I think they need to wipe our debt clean or we pull out of there. It's time other countries paid for our protection.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

The South Koreans don't want us there. Taiwan is rich enough not to need us there, Europe no longer needs NATO. With the level of stop/loss being imposed on the troops, they should all be brought home immediately.

NK would attack the moment U.S left...
Taiwan has loads of cash, buying all that expensive US military equipment...
Europe definitly needs the "known" security of NATO, in case Russia makes a move...

Honestly, imo, America lost 6000+ lives and Japanese lost 25000+ on that Island back in the Pacific Theatre.... They should be lucky the U.S didn't call it home.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The people don't , but thier government does, so tell me why does the gov't want us there? I think we should leave, And leave now.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm constantly amazed at the lack of history or even common sense...

Japan is the reason we are there. We castrated them after WW2 just so they wouldn't be a military threat to their neighbors. As one person pointed out, they hate everyone. We'll they haven't changed, but they can longer invade or attack China, Russia, Korea (both north and south), the Philippines, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar(Burma), India, Australia, numerous islands in the Pacific, AND bomb Pearl Harbor. THIS is why we are there.

WW2 taught ALL the allies one thing. Do not let Germany re-arm (2 world wars in 2 successive generations in Europe) AND keep Japan in check.

Yeah, It's been over 60 years but there hasn't been a large war in Europe and just dumbassed police actions in Asia. It's working.....

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

yeah, yeah, yeah, you got it, you know whats going on here. This is what im talking about, it's just i never said it directly, like you did. I waited for the rats to appear so i can devour them. This is what will happen if we leave. all thumbs up for you.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The US should just leave, sell a boatload of high tech weapons to Japan and maybe even let Japan develop nukes.

That way China will be in check.

And there's no need to worry about Japan going crazy again, they are too much a bunch of wuss now. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
All Americans have to do is ask themselves how they would like big, invasive military bases and complexes on US soil. I hardly doubt any Americans would like that idea. Yet we pus our military on cultures and countries all over the world. We as Americans have become nothing but arrogant hypocrites. The world doesn't need us to protect them anymore. This is the 21st century not the 1970s. It's time to move on and bring our troops home. Our foreign policy has to change.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This reminds me of this thread....
Clinton and Trail of bodies

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

thats right, your tax dollars. im talking about other countries. reread what i said.

I'm not following you here so I'll play along and re-read.

HEY AMERICA WAKE UP. Who sent us AID for katrina? Name one country that did. Just one.

OK, I named Canada so what am I missing here.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

As it stands right now, with a US base in Japan, a attack on Japan would be considered a attack on the US. Its a military determent.

Didn't you and I, together, establish that China has a very low probability of attacking Japan, just a few short posts ago? Even you, yourself agreed with me on that.

As I stated, Japan is a major hub for asia-pacific intelligence gathering. You always have to have eyes close to the scene, you cannot rely soley on satellites and predator drone pictures for all your intel. The US mililtary and CIA love redundency.

There just isn't enough money to be doing everything we want to be doing. Maybe if we wouldn't have bailed out the banks, we might have some extra scratch to spend elsewhere. We also don't have the man-power. Maybe if we didn't go around starting wars of aggression for the sole profit of corporate and special interests, we might have a little extra man-power to stretch out.

As I have stated before, my childrens' schools are trying to decide which programs to cut, after many programs were already cut. What have the Japanese had to cut? Why should my children, myself and my neighbors pay the price for their supposed safety? That's even on the unlikely event that China decides to attack Japan, which again is highly improbable?

Also, so what if China takes over Japan (although they won't)? How would that hurt me or my neighbors? This empire that the US has built on the backs of its citizens surely does not benefit those same citizens. The only benefactor is corporate and special interests. I could care less about this empire as it is at my expense, absent any benefit for me or anyone I know.

Om a side not, in the highly unlikely event that China does take over Japan, maybe my electronics will become that much cheaper.

--airspoon

p.s. - I get what your saying, but it still doesn't provide for an excuse, that the American tax-payer and/or military member should carry the burden for something Japan should be doing itself. It is clear that the Japanese don't want us there, the American people don't benefit either and the only reason why we are there is to preserve this empire that only benefits American corporate and special interests at the expense of EVERYONE else.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

This is Japan and not some Middle Eastern nation.

There is a reason there are American troops on Japanese soil. We'll tell them when we're done there, and at that point we'll leave.

Too many Americans died because of the Japanese during WW2...Perhaps we should remind the Japanese why we are there. Perhaps the youth in Japan need a reminder of the atrocities they committed during WW2.

Japan, you have come a long ways since then. But your **** if you think we're gonna leave you alone just yet. We also still have troops in Germany. After what happened during WW2, America has been keeping watch over the world. Unless you'd rather somebody else took up the job, perhaps the Japanese who sided with the fascists? Sounds good to me.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Arguing how the US should leave all those countries is kinda a waste of time since the US economy is cooked anyway.

It won't be long now before the US is FORCED to withdraw because it just doesn't have the money... we have to give it all to the bankers.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

you did not read the washington post about where funds for katrina went. cause if you did you would notice that alot of funds from overseas were turned down and the ones that got here," people effected by katrina" did not get, it went somewhere else. SO , EVEN IF A COUNTRY DID try to help it never got there. So the countries that did try to help either got turned down or the funds went somewhere else. SO, if funds go somewhere else ,how can you honestly say that your money got to them. GEE, i gave but they did not get it anyway. hmmmm, so tell me. If i say i gave you a dollar and you say you did not get it and i sent it to you, well i guess i gave . hmmmmmmm whats wrong with this picture. see what im saying now?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I do not think the japs want you there really, and they must be being forced to keep america in the country. Japan could easily make there own weapon systems if they wanted too, and they are rich enough.

Rich enough? Don't know about that. Do you think their citizens would want that much money spent on weapons systems??

Originally posted by andy1033
It must be sickening for japanese to see americans there after what the yanks did to them all those years ago.

Oh, you mean like the Bataan Death March? Or when the Japanese overran Singapore? Or Nanking???

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

p.s. - I get what your saying, but it still doesn't provide for an excuse, that the American tax-payer and/or military member should carry the burden for something Japan should be doing itself. It is clear that the Japanese don't want us there, the American people don't benefit either and the only reason why we are there is to preserve this empire that only benefits American corporate and special interests at the expense of EVERYONE else.

I to get what you are saying to and agree with the wrongness of the US's empire building. I'm simply trying to say why the empire builders, for many reasons, are loath to give up Japan.

Personally, I don't trust China because I personaly believe that they are trying to set themselves up as the next empire builder. They see the west entering the downfall of its glory days and are rubbing their hands together just waiting for their "time" to come. Another point that worries me is I can't find a single example in history where a culture has built such a vast military force without using it to expand its power or empire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join