It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Shocking' conditions at Tylenol plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I came across and article that talked about bad conditions at a plant operated by Johnson and Johnson.

The FDA also said that lack of proper controls in the manufacturing process led to some batches of infant's Tylenol being "superpotent," or having too much of some ingredients.
CNN
Also, the report noted that employees at the plant were not trained in current good manufacturing practices. The FDA inspectors further detailed dusty and filthy conditions at the plant, including "incubators with a large amount of visible gray and brown dust/debris, large hole in the ceiling and thick dust covering the grill inside a filtered cabinet."

In addition, the FDA said some drums used to transport raw materials to the Fort Washington facility were contaminated with a bacteria identified as B. cepacia.

Reading that made me thing back to the two events they had with tainted Tylenol. There were two incidents of Tylenol capsules being tainted with cyanide. It reading this report about the conditions in it manufacturing plant makes me wonder if poor conditions might have caused that problem thirty years ago.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Tylanol to us in SA is not well known. I went today to get my anti-allergy and gout pills, and I saw some packets of Tylanol behind the counter, and I wondered, what is this? It promises long, daily pain relief, and I know the name from US movies and the web.
I've also read of "Tinactine", which is unkown here.
So what is Tylanol - does it work?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I smell conspiracy,

Tylenol Brand is way to big to actually be making these mistakes! I fear that acetaminophen, is actually interfering with a drug that is being mass dispersed to the population so a recall and warnings of plant contamination are put into place so sales of the drug will go way down so TPTB can continue to drug us with acetaminophen out of the way !!

Hint hint, if you take acetaminophen, you are doing what screws over TPTB.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

It gets rid of aches and pains, while destroying your liver and kidneys.

Nasty stuff!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
I smell conspiracy,

Tylenol Brand is way to big to actually be making these mistakes! I fear that acetaminophen, is actually interfering with a drug that is being mass dispersed to the population so a recall and warnings of plant contamination are put into place so sales of the drug will go way down so TPTB can continue to drug us with acetaminophen out of the way !!

Hint hint, if you take acetaminophen, you are doing what screws over TPTB.

Would you mind going into a little bit more detail as to why you believe acetaminophen offers that benefit? I'm not trying to flame you just curious.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Is this connected with that huge scandal involving McNEIL-PPC children's medication that broke a few days ago? I had been giving my children those medications only to find out that the doses were incorrect and the machinery was all dirty and full of harmful bacteria. What is going on here?

--airspoon

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

halfoldman
Tylanol is an over the counter mild pain reliever. It is in the same class as aspirin. It is suppose to be easier on the stomach the aspirin. I do prefer it over any other over the counter pain reliever.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

So, would you care to elaborate? does anyone know what this fellow means with acetaminophen somehow chemically subverting the goals of tptb?

Wtf man, you make a statement, then a hint, then disappear with nothing to back your # up. Fail is fail! Defend thine honor and explain this hodgepodge.

Thanks,

Don't feed the trolls, HaNd.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Not saying thast they should not do their best to keep things up in the plant but I can garentee that you will find less than perfectly sanetary conditions at every manufacturing plant in the U.S. if not the world. Facts are you can either keep things immaculate and produce nothing or produce things and have some mess to go along with it.

Again they need to do their best to keep from contaminating product and train employees properly, but you cannot ask them to have things spotless.

Raist

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Or they are so big they think they can get away with this crap.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Abstract

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), concerned about the incidence of acute liver failure due to acetaminophen (Tylenol) overdose, has mandated new labeling on acetaminophen packaging. It is also considering (but has not enacted) reducing the maximum daily dose from 4 g (possibly to 3,250 mg), banning acetaminophen-narcotic combination products, and changing the current maximum single dose of 1 g to prescription status, making 650 mg the highest recommended nonprescription dose. We review the epidemiology, toxicology, and management of acetaminophen overdose and steps the FDA and physicians can take to prevent it.

www.ccjm.org...

The FDA really seems to just be playing "catch-up" on a lot of health topics that come to light as new research arrives. With some new advances, like nanotech perhaps, this could be excusable. But Tylenol??? Which has been around for decades!! If the FDA can charge as much as they do for drug-testing before a product gets marketed, and then change the dosage of such a popular drug as this years later, it delegates their hyper-costly testing processes to ball-park figures at best.

I suspect the dosage should be closer to "0 mg" to avoid the liver damage on this product.

scholar.google.ca...

top topics

join