It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Real Threat: Post Glacial Rebound.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrags

Well. I believe I actually learned most of it at school and watching documentaries on Discovery and National Geographic.

I've always been fascinated by it.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I found it interesting that the woman in the 3rd video of the OP's original post repeated what the first guy said to describe what's happening to a woman in birth. Because that's exactly what it is and how it's described in the scriptures.

Isaiah 26:17 As a pregnant woman about to give birth writhes and cries out in her pains, so we were before You, LORD.

Mark 13:8 For nation will rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.

Matthew 24:8 All these events are the beginning of birth pains.

I know most of you want a scientific explanation or someone to blame but the truth is that Father is both Nature an Science AND Yahweh is making His name known before all the nations. This is the Tribulation and we are on His time-line. What is happening now has been prepared for far in advance in His slow and progressive way. There is nothing that can stop it. The signs we see are meant so that we may prepare our hearts and our minds for what is just around the corner. The Tribulation is here and has been for several years - I have known this and watched the progression over time with my own eyes. I have witnessed it all with the foreknowledge I was blessed with so that I might prepare and help others to prepare for Christ's Return. While it is not Father's wish that any should perish, in the end, none of us can say we were not warned.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Oh please, your faith is superior to Buddha, Islam, Hindu, and others. You alone see the "signs"? Are you a member of the church of pedophiles or the church that seeks members through end of times proclamations that change every 3years (That church starts with a J..) Your ilk have justified the killing of innocents for millennia. Give us a break, please.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Been snooping around, Islands are sinking into the Sea, and not just one, many all around the world, the Lie is probably that the oceans are Rising!

New Moore Island isn't the only sinking island

Rising sea levels engulf New Moore Island
As reported by the BBC, the School of Oceanographic Studies in Calcutta has officially found New Moore Island to be covered by sea water. Confirmed by local fishermen and satellite pictures, New Moore Island is officially no more. Before the year 2000, sea levels in most of the world went up by approximately 3 millimeters a year, but between 2000 and 2010 sea level has risen at about 5 millimeters per year. In the Bengal Basin region and Sundarban Island chain, where New Moore Island was situated, sea levels have been rising by about 3.14 centimeters a year. In the last fifteen years, four other Sundarban chain islands have disappeared into the ocean.

New Moore Island isn't the only sinker
The Sundarban Island chain is not the only home to sinking islands. The Maldives, an island nation in the Indian Ocean, has been losing land mass to the sea for years. Tiny changes can make a huge impact on these islands, where the highest point is only 8 feet above sea level. The Maldives government has been building Hulhumale, a fabricated island nearby, for residents to evacuate to if needs be. Tuvalu, a Pacific Ocean island between Hawaii and Austrailia, is also quickly losing land mass. Experts estimate that Tuvalu's 11,000 citizens will have no home in as little as 50 years. A few residents of Tuvalu – 75, to be exact – can use military personal loans to move to New Zealand. Like New Moore Island, Tonga, Kirbati, and the Marshall Islands are all at risk of sinking into the sea.

Sinking Islands and Their Consequences

The current sea level rise has occurred at a mean rate of 0.7 inches per year for the past century and more recently it has been estimated near 1.2 inches per year (1993-2003). What the future will bring as a sea rise is variable depending on the melting of the ice caps and average global temperatures. Some have predicted as much as 7 feet in the next century for example.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Protostellar
reply to post by CAELENIUM

After reading your first post in this thread I couldn't be troubled to read further.

We know the earth is not hollow by measuring seismic waves from one end of the planet to the other.

In fact, this thread contains a fair bit of pseudoscience.

Deny ignorance and embrace empirical research.
if you watch the first vid off CAELENIUM the guy explanes a few things about seismic waves that seem to make sense about 25-35 mins in. i`m not saying i`m buying the hollow earth theory but the guys has thought it through

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

Originally posted by Protostellar
reply to post by CAELENIUM

After reading your first post in this thread I couldn't be troubled to read further.

We know the earth is not hollow by measuring seismic waves from one end of the planet to the other.

In fact, this thread contains a fair bit of pseudoscience.

Deny ignorance and embrace empirical research.
if you watch the first vid off CAELENIUM the guy explanes a few things about seismic waves that seem to make sense about 25-35 mins in. i`m not saying i`m buying the hollow earth theory but the guys has thought it through

I think Ive seen the Dude you are refering to , here is a picture of that lucture, IF it is the same dude..

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

yep this his diagram but he explains a phenomenon that regular science struggles with can`t think what its called now

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
umm.. my uncle works with the scientists that do studies on glaciers and stuff. he says that all that global warming stuff is crap, and theres actually more glaciers in alaska than theres ever been. he actually FLIES there and witnesses what happens first hand. im pretty sure he's right.

just sayin

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This is very interesting. I did my Environmental science project on melting glaciers, and did it blow my mind what I found out very quickly with little effort. In the Andes mountains there are glaciers that are melting and filling lakes miles across, scientists have gone down to find tropical plant life from millions of years ago when the sea level was very high. That fact right there made me believe without a doubt that global warming is a bunch of bs. If the water levels where that high before and life could still be then why couldn't we? However we would have have to run to the mountains but its better than complete obliteration.

Anyway, I also remember seeing that mt. kilaminjaro has lost almost all of its ice making it pretty much a plataue. Another was the glaciers in the Alps which where melting at an alarming rate, however this is what I find very cool. A ski resort put a "cooling blanket", a very high tech piece of equipment made to keep the glacier from melting so fast and ruining thier tourism.

I love seeing man using our ability to create technology to fix our problems, too bad it doesn't happen more often; or maybe it does and it is hidden from us

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
well this rebound theory would make sense of some
of the current events.

US/Russia Nuclear Arms Reduction

Halidron Collider
used to make anti-matter
to open worm-hole to send
the melting glaciers off planet
to prevent the ice age

it would also explain why no new
nuclear experiments have happened
by developing countries recently.

It would also explain why the world is broke
and why the need for oil to make jet fuel
and to make the chemtrails to save our
a$$es. Saving the planet takes a LOT
of cash. And they just couldn't come out
and tell us what it was being used for
else panic would ensue.

it would also explain why ET is so
well known these days as he just
wants to help us fix the problem.
Maybe it was his idea for the worm-hole
to dispel the glaciers as he sure is making
a lot of appearances lately in the skies
and also why the alien crafts submerge
in the ocean to observe the ocean floor (USO's).

Why does it feel like a brick has just hit me
in the head ???

Or is it just me??

[edit on 18-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
What is it making stars shine ? Electric "phase modulation" forces that build up as a consequence of the Cosmic Ray energy, which is also the force that creates gravity and magnetism.

Oh and...well I don't mean to be purposely shooting holes into your what seems to be a very elaborate and sensational theory, and in fact I do tend to believe that much knowledge has not been passed down for all humankind to benefit from, but...well anyways I felt compelled to also comment that the forces that drive gravity ARE NOT AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH magnetism.....now ELECTRICITY and magnetism on the other hand, were found to be related:

www.youtube.com...

But that is just a mainstream media documentary presentation, so in the name of scholarly science:

"Gravity and magnetism are not the same thing. In fact, they are totally and completely separate forces. Gravity is a force that acts between any two objects with mass. No matter what they are made of, both objects get pulled towards each other just because they have mass. The reason it seems like gravity only pulls you towards the earth is because the earth is so big that the pull from you on it isn’t enough to do much to its motion."

SOURCE: van.physics.illinois.edu...

Now...if YOU know something that the rest of the scientific world does not, then please let me know so that I can line up the book/movie deals (say we go...60/40 split on all proceeds and royalties cool?) because YOU JUST SOLVED EINSTEINS UNIFIED FIELD THEORY!! WOOT!!

;-)

Edit: I don't mean to be coming off as an insensitive prick here, and in fact after continuing to read your responses throughout this entire thread, I can see that you are most definitely OPEN to alternative views/theories. However, with the amount of madness that is already taking place in the world today, it is hard enough for most to keep up with what is truth and what is total BS (and there is MUCH BS when it comes to the New Age wackos). So I am merely pointing out some "minor" flaws in your...calculations/hypothesis so as to not add to to the confusion that people are already being bombarded with. However, I will continue to research more of your what you say in the event I actually CAN prove that everything that Devry is teaching me is total BS. THEN I can show my professor wussup on my next essay! Be like BAM!! HOLLOW EARTH BABY! WHATCHA GOTTA SAY BOUT THAT LITTLE NUGGET OF TRUTH!

lol

Oh and I thought stars shine because they are in fact Sun's in other solar systems that just like our own star (the SUN) is illuminated due to nuclear fission process? And the reason that the stars twinkle to shades of red, white, and blue was due to the space bending light due to traveling great distances through the cosmos? Man...I SO can't wait to stick it to the professor! Quick man give me some scholarly resources that backs your data up so that I can prove wussup? U2U would be just dandy :-) Thanks!!

Haha dude I just read your post on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So Bigalow Aerospace did not want to engage in formal communications with you due to your having superior intelligence and insight into lands ravaged by Indian ghosts in Utah? lol. Oh how I would love to have the opportunity to hang out with you some day as I could spend hours picking that brain of yours ;-)

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Newbomb Turk]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I'm in the UK and a few years ago I saw a documentary that explained that when the ice melted off Scotland at the end of the ice age the land rose up but like a balance (the pivot point being somewhere in the middle of the country) the bottom of our country sank - that's why we have an Isle of Wight now where we used to have mainland - this was proved when they found sunken forests.

I guess tectonics stress like that near a fault could have nasty ramifications.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Sceptic_al]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hi.

First of all stars & flags for the post.

Like most, I began as an ATS lurker years ago and only gradually decided to participate and share my thoughts.

Post glacial rebound...now that is something I found very interesting. Whatever the reason be, whether through melting of the glaciers due to climate change or periodic global changes due to precession, greater water displacement is a factor that should be considered as part of the reason for the recent earth changes.

Water, though fluid, packs both volume and weight, and the more of it in the ocean would mean greater water depression and pressure on the earth's crust. And as solid as the earth's crust may seem, it actually has an elascity tp it and can flex under specific conditions.

It seems logical that the recent in flow of water into the oceans through glacier meltwater and such, would have direct bearing and impact on earth's fragile and already fractured crust.

If memory doesn't fail me, a point on the matter was raised on ATS several ago following the 2004 Boxing Day devasting quake off Sumatra. (I live about 750km from the epic center yet felt my Condo sway for several seconds).

The point raised in the post was that the building of pressure on the earth's crust due to greater volume of water in the oceans, in particular along the equatorial region, would result in more earthquakes and volcano activity.

The equatorial region was singled out as it rest along where the earth bulges and thus more susceptible to gravitational tugs of the moon owing to greater pressure on the crust there.

Well, just a thought. In any event, I truly believe that ours will be the generation that will witness epochal earth changes...we are in for some exciting times...both terrifying yet fascinating.

Love & Peace

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The biggest knock against the expanding Earth Theory is pretty simple: Where is all the matter coming from that "expands" the Earth?

The E.E. video I have seen looks very good, but I just don't see how the whole matter issue is answered. Not only do you have to account for all the matter that makes up the ocean floors, you have to add to that the mass of all the water in the oceans. The numbers just don't add up, unless the Earth is now mostly hollow, which evidence points to not being the case.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Does a finite piece of coal by mass occupy the same volume of space when it is compressed into a diamond? When it becomes a diamond does the mass change? I don't think so does it. So if pressure can make mass occupy less space then lessening pressure would allow it to expand. So the mass does not necessarily have to increase for the earth to occupy a larger space (to grow). Also it would not need to become hollow. Just supposing that's all. No claim is being made.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Just an observation. I wouldn't doubt that the earth is growing after all it is alive!
All living things grow. The problem that we have is the growth pains and shedding of her "skin" that accompanies this growth is a danger to some that happen to be near volcanos and fault lines.

Good find.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Just adding some information that may pertain to this idea. How about the Three Gorges hydro electric damn on the Yangtze river in China?
That was filling up for YEARS. How much extra weight was added to the continent. I'm not sure if it's in the weight realm of the "5 California's of ICE", but it's definitely a huge mass. Would this add to the effect? or counter it?
Since this adds weight to the land masses, where as the ice breaking off effects the water. I wish people all over would just STOP all unnecessary expenditures and just work together. Only in my dreams I guess.
Then again, Divide and Conquer is used more today then EVER. Just listen to the news on ANY channel. They're always labeling and dividing. I'll definitely keep my eyes on this PGR idea and how it pertains to what's going on.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by sico]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I've posted a bit all over about the "isostatic rebound" effect -- well, really a theory.

It was postulated that after the last great ice age, there was about 5 times more vulcanism following the retreat of the ice.

However, I haven't heard about this "more water in the ocean causes it to SINK the sea floor" such that it's the same water level. I'd have to say, with the Physics Modeler in my head to do a quick test -- it's a ludicrous idea. You aren't going to CONTRACT the planet with the same weight as the planet already has -- you CAN distort and "push down" areas by adding mass - in a sense, all the continents FLOAT on magma and that's the basics behind the theory of "tectonic plates."

However, ice on the poles does distort the land -- but water is a liquid, so it's not going to PUSH DOWN in a specific area. The water level will rise if all the ice melts.

>> The bigger concern, is that as THE GLOBAL WARMING starts melting ice, the release of pressure is going to mean more volcanic activity in certain areas, because ANY shift in weight is going to either trigger or release pent up pressure. When things are NOT moving, then you are going to have LESS volcanic activity and earth quakes -- make sense?

>> I expect also, a lot of new theories to get floated from Big Energy, so that their "fan club" on the Internet will say things like; "The Gulf Oil Gusher is OK -- because it was caused by nature." You know, like Methane Hydrates exploding and such -- but isn't this why BP makes the Big Bucks? You don't get to drill a mile down in the ocean and destroy the planet and then claim "nature" -- YOU created the problem and didn't account for NATURE. Furthermore, if Methane Hydrates are "exploding" on the sea floor -- it's more a sign of a temperature increase deep in the ocean -- caused by the same companies that spend so much to confuse everyone.

The temperature gradient in the ocean takes about 50 or more years to cycle -- so for now, it's acting like a huge heat sync. When we lose that grace period, we should REALLY see the effects of Global Warming.

And gawd forbid this distortion in the planet doesn't trigger the Yellowstone Caldera.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Speaking of which, I found this little article about it on Greenland. news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
I have listened to about 5 of his videos.

This idea is not that corny although the messenger might be yet I believe him to be sincere.

If you think off all the metal and debris released into the air over the past hundred years you know it has had to settle somewhere and according to him this is in our ice packs.

How very scary.

Sounds like Mr. Garrison of south park, mmmmkay!

Lol...his theory makes SOME sense, but what about all the rock and solid masses of volcanic rock etc......
I don't see the earth as some soft spounge!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join