It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Real Threat: Post Glacial Rebound.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is most intresting !!!

I got the Info initially from this site, which is mostly taken from Wiki.
Fatal Sea Floor Sinking Truth! Sea Level Rise Half Lie!

Wiki on PGR.

Post-glacial rebound (or Glacial Isostatic Adjustment) produces measurable effects on: (i) Vertical Crustal Motion, (ii) Global sea levels, (iii) Horizontal Crustal Motion, (iv) Gravity field, (v) Earth's rotational motion and (vi) State of stress and earthquakes. Studies of Glacial rebound give us information about the flow law of mantle rocks and also past ice sheet history. The former is important to the study of Mantle Convection, Plate Tectonics and the thermal evolution of the Earth. The latter is important to the study of Glaciology, Paleoclimate and changes in Global Sea Level. Understanding postglacial rebound is also important to our ability to monitor recent global change.

Here is two videos from BelieversUnderground, watch watch.
This is from January, and he say that OilRigs are at Risk

Here is a clip with Truther Girls on the Chile Quake..

In short : the water in the sea is increasing, but not rising, the Earth gets pushed Down making volcanos errupt and make EarthQuakes....

What you think guys, a real threat this or what ??

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is a very interesting find, thankyou!

I will research further on the concept to see what I make of it and then possibly contribute further to the thread.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
This is a very interesting find, thankyou!

I will research further on the concept to see what I make of it and then possibly contribute further to the thread.

Yes, I have not heard of this before, Im on watching Vids atm..
Ive read some articles etc.. Seems to be hand in hand with increase in Quakes of high magnitudes..

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is some serious stuff here.

If this is true we are in for a lot of fun.
However I've just read an article that the arctic ice shelf was back at its 2002 volume and still expected to increase that volume for up coming years.

The problem is that are theories circling that are all contradicting each other and all are plausible.

What is the right one ?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I guess if you think about what he says and compare it to what is happening right now you could say that there is some truth to it.

I would believe his explanation than of those who say it is somehow related to a non existing Niberu.

If it's true then I'm very very concerned about the people who live on islands, the islands should be evacuated immediately. The amount of loss of people will be unbearable.

The Elite are not saying anything!! of course it goes along with their depopulation plan.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This seems to tie in nicely with the Expanding Earth Theory..

Proponents of an expanding Earth hypothesis claim that the explanation for the position and movement of continents and the appearance of new crustal material at mid-ocean ridges is that Earth's volume is increasing. Modern scientific evidence does not support this idea, rather plate tectonics is almost universally accepted as correct.[1][2][3][4] The small number of proponents of an expanding earth claim that the continents drifted away from each other because of further expansion at the rip-zones, where oceans currently lie. This contradicts the scientific consensus plate tectonics theory by stating that significant destructive plate boundaries do not exist.

There are various forms of the expanding earth hypothesis including some proposals which say that the Earth's mass has remained constant (and thus the gravitational pull at the surface has decreased over time), that Earth's mass has grown with the volume in such a way that the surface gravity has remained constant, or that the earth's gravity at its surface has increased over time, in line with its growing mass and volume. Many of the remaining expanding Earth adherents are proponents of the ideas of the late Australian geologist S. Warren Carey, whose ideas were popular for a time in the 1950s and 60s.

The primary objections to expanding Earth center around the lack of an accepted process by which the Earth's radius could increase and on the fact that the Earth's radius is not measured to be increasing today. Expanding Earth ideas that rely on the proposal that the process of subduction and other destructive plate boundaries are non-existent are discredited, since subduction is observed at oceanic trenches[5] and also known to have occurred in the past from geological[6] and geophysical[7] evidence.

Interesting stuff...

Source

~Keeper

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have one question. How is it that this whole post-glacial rebound has taken 13,000 years since the deluge? Most of the glaciers had retreated to the far north by 10,000 years ago. That seems like they're reaching really far for a theory.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
I have one question. How is it that this whole post-glacial rebound has taken 13,000 years since the deluge? Most of the glaciers had retreated to the far north by 10,000 years ago. That seems like they're reaching really far for a theory.

Well, if you watch these three vids, you hear that the Nuclear testing in the early 40 50 60's has made earth into a huge nuclear waste basket, and it melts the Ice/Glaciers. that water gets out in the oceans adding weight to the SeaFloor which gets pushed down dragging islands withit, not sealevel rise, but seafloor sinking..

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Mother Nature just correcting herself.

Its NOT global warming.

This is a pretty good theory, the Truther chic kind of helped me understand it a lil better than Tommy Chong did.

you put too much weight on a certain spot in the ocean and it therefore makesthings on one end(maybe both) to go kaboom. At the same time sinking areas where the pressure is greatest.

I can digg it.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
During the ice age massive amounts of land were above sea level.
After the melting started it stabilized until recently according to this theory. That's why we never saw anything that could link to this.

What I understand from a massive ice sheet on land is that the weight of it pushes the landmass in to the Earth.When it's gone the Earth moves up again very slowly.I can imagine stress also caused a higher ocean floor, it should sink when the land goes up and when there is more water pushing it down. This means there would be 2 catalysts making the ocean floor sink.

I don't think this is such a weird theory at all actually.
But with an expanding Earth I would think that there would be less weight pushing down because of a bigger capacity that would disperse the weight more.

But I'm just thinking out loud here.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is the effect, but what is the cause for the ocean to rise?

That falls right in line with what is happening in our solar system.

As our solar system keeps heating up all the planets from the inside out.
Thats right all the planets are waring up as they do strange things are happening to all of them right now.

As for earth as it keeps warming up from the inside out, we will notes that there is a lot more water on the planet, that is because the poles are melting from the bottom up not top down. All of this extra water is moving around and placing pressure on parts of the world. With this extra pressure we have earth quakes, and eruptions, do to the shifting of the plates on the ocean floor.

This will disrupt the ocean currents that move the hot and cold water around, to a point that a Ice age will happen in out life time.

A small one I hope but not enough data to see yet how this all works out.

From what I understand is going on.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by jsettica]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have listened to about 5 of his videos.

This idea is not that corny although the messenger might be yet I believe him to be sincere.

If you think off all the metal and debris released into the air over the past hundred years you know it has had to settle somewhere and according to him this is in our ice packs.

How very scary.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So what you are telling me is don't panic.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Seems to make sense. Why does it only sink certain islands while leaving others alone? Is it merely tectonic placement? Does it have something to do with the size and location of these landmasses?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If this is true, they already know this.

I believe this would be the perfect revelation type event to take power of everyone.

With the earth quakes and volcanoes going off everywhere, panic will ensue.

If this is true.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This theory is being used to explain the falling of the Great Lakes water levels also. The ground (lake bottoms) is "rebounding" after being compacted by the glaciers and is decreasing the volume (capacity) of the lakes. The higher in elevation the lake bottom gets, the faster the water leaves out to sea, thus the lower water levels.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This theory goes hand in hand with some predictions of a coming ice age.

Ice Age Now

I had found a site some time ago with a more extensive explanation, but can't seem to locate it now.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Actually depending on your info, from this sight for example www.talkorigins.org... going by the earths age not that much time has passed. The Earth could just be going through natural changes. Maybe this is her way of getting ready for the Pole Shift? (Shrug)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I think some people are missing or misunderstanding this question/statement.
The glaciers melted/retreated 10,000 yrs ago. Why has it taken 10,000 yrs for this 'rebound' to occur?

Theory FAIL.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
this is a very cool idea. but something is bothering me about it:

the reason that water is on top of the crust in the first place is that it is less dense than the crust. right? (even at the bottom of the ocean, under all that pressure. the water is still less dense than the crust.)

and then you take the fact that water is more dense than air. yes? density substrates or something like that.

so then, if there is pressure being added to the system, wouldnt the added pressure push more hard on the less dense substrate? or in other words, the additional water would push upward and not downward?

my argument here seems pretty simple. as opposed to the argument in the OP, which seems a bit contrived. so hopfully in their contrivances, they have already managed to work around what i have presented here.

or, i could be wrong altogether.

either way: i like it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join