It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noam Chomsky denied entry into Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Israel sleeps with Uncle Sam and the English Queen.
Maybe she is terrified of a linguist genious who understands exactly what that means.

Please explain to me what Her Majesty has to do with this? SHe is the titular . of an 800 year old democracy.

By rights she has zero power and is little more than a figure.. For the record she married into a german family and can by no means be connected with the so called bloodlines some people spout.

That metaphor was formed after years of reading about the US being involved with both Israel and the UK.
Are you so unaware of who controls the world? I was not talking about bloodlines.
And why are you being defensive? The Queen knows what I mean, so do most other people.
Maybe you would like the metaphor I once made about Tony Blair's man crush on George Bush and the effect it had on drawing England into many of the USA's debacles. Maybe I can find that thread for you.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Noam Chomsky is doing lectures in Israel because he's working for the good cause... to give Israel back to the good jews, those who are not war criminals, those who want peace, real peace.

Of course the Israeli government doesn't want him in, because he could change some mind against the ruling elite and their crimes.

Go Chomsky, even I disagree with you on some issue, you're fighting the good fight.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
update :

Chomsky may yet be granted entry .

"We are checking with the IDF's Coordinator for Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT), Interior Ministry Spokeswoman Sabine Haddad told The Jerusalem Post on Sunday evening. "If COGAT gives us the all clear, we will grant him entry," she added.

JPost.com

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Thanks for the update Umbra. Mabye someone within that god awful adminstration was able to argue effectively the complete PR disaster this would be for Israel.

Haddad said the initial decision to deny Chomsky entry was down to a "misunderstanding," and denied claims that Chomsky's name was on a black list of individuals prohibited from entering the country.

www.jpost.com...

Yeh right?

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Interview with Chomsky on Al Jazeera about the barring of his entry. It would appear the main problem was his politics and vies and the fact that he was not going on to talk at any Israeli universities. Pathetic.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
gulfnews.com is down, (not so strangely?)
Maybe this .line was too much

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:69qwQ9Kg4Z0J:gulfnews.com/news/region/palestinian-territories/noam-chomsky-likens-israel-to-stali nist-regime-1.628104+gulfnews+noam&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

or here:

www.google.com...

* By Habib Toumi, Bahrain Bureau Chief
* Published: 18:24 May 17, 2010

Noam Chomsky likens Israel to 'Stalinist regime'

Chomsky told an Israeli daily that he concluded from the questions of the Israeli official that the fact that he went to lecture at a Palestinian and not an Israeli university led to the decision to deny him entry.

[...]

---

Here is another from Haaretz:

www.haaretz.com...

* Published 23:39 24.05.10
* Latest update 23:39 24.05.10

500 academics, students sign letter protesting Israel's refusal to grant Noam Chomsky entry

The letter reads: : Under democracy, we do not silence voices that express an opinion which is different than the dominant one.

By Asaf Shtull-Trauring Tags: Israel news Noam Chomsky West Bank

500 academics, students, and intellectuals have signed a letter addressed to Interior Minister Eli Yishai, protesting the Ministry's decision to refuse entry to linguist Noam Chomsky into Israel and the West Bank last week.

[...]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join