It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering the Nakba

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The 15th of May (yesterday) marked the 62nd year since the creation of Israel and the Palestinains 'Nakba' (Catastrophe). It is important to remember that Palestinian suffering at the hands of the Israeli state has never stopped over these 62 years.

At their core, the circumstances surrounding the Palestinian struggle today do not differ from those circumstances that led to the 1948 Nakba and the colonization of Palestine. Today, on the sixty-second anniversary of the Nakba, the nature of the western-backed Zionist-Israeli colonial enterprise appears all the clearer.

The indigenous Palestinian people have been denied their most fundamental and inalienable rights of self-determination, including their rights to return to the land from which they were displaced, and continue to suffer from Israel’s grave violations of basic human rights and freedoms.

As Israel cruelly blockades the Palestinians of the Gaza Strip and denies 7.1 million displaced Palestinians around the globe their rights to return, restitution and compensation, the international community provides a protective shield forged through diplomatic, economic, cultural and security cooperation which perpetuate Israel’s impunity.

warincontext.org...

Here's to a free state for the Palestinian people, free of Israeli and rival Arab domination.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
vimeo.com...

This is a very detailed video on what happened to the Palestinians in 1948.

Anyone know how to embed a video in a post that isn't Google or Youtube?

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I hear this I hear that about, the Land of Israel
Some say Palestine was an empty land or full of ignorant peasnts prior to the righteous aquiring of Palestine by Zionists.
Some say the Zionists were supported by the USA and the USSR that the Zionists came from Germany, Poland,ect by their millions until they had driven the Philistines out as God foretold.
Some say this some say that.
It is sad to see the seven million without their home of millenium, some say they lived in Israel even before the ancient Israelis, but were subjugtated until the Romans burnt down the Jewish temple.
Some say this some say that, some say God will only send the Jewish Messiah when Israel occupies Iran as far east as the Tigres river, some say the Zionists are orchestrating world history so it matches their Ancient Prophesies.
Some say the Palestinians are uncivilised and beligerent.
I find it so hard to know
But its good to see someone such as The OP being balanced and trying to show the truth.
Or is the footage of Palestinian suffering fake?
I have seen Palestinian civilians shot at blank range and pushed into ditches via SBS TV CHANNEL in Australia, but some say this is a fabrication.
The web is full of deceit as is the press who to believe?
It doesnt matter to the seven million(or are they made up people?)I do not know, Hollywood never mentions the subject, and they beam their movies by the thousand into my brain.
So I do not know if even your footage will make people believe the truth.
No I fear not, but I fear more the truth they do not care.
If Palestine ran Hollywood Israel would not exist today.
But they do not thus Palestine does not exist today as a free whole unoccupied country.
Simple propaganda always makes people believe.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Concerning Zionists, who would you say is in the public or political spotlight right now who iseither a self-confirmed Zionist or is secretly involved with it. Call me crazy, but I always thought that Rahm was one.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Zionism was a respected real entity not too long ago after Israel was acquired ,the term in the west was confined to Hitler documentaries and mad Iranian rambling clerics.
So that even mentioning the word denegrates the utterer in many brainwashed minds ie must be a anti Jewish nut.
So yes Rham may be a Zionist but the point is there are millions of zionists in the USA, some concious of the fact some not.
I have no personal issue with Zionism because I can see its aims via the Bible ect.
But some may if they do not believe in the Bibles God.
Having Isreal as the King of nations may be good, but the Palestinian plight suggests only if you bow down.
And freedom of thought and action is Gods gift, not to be taken away by man.
Zionism I may be one I may be not but many dont even know it EXISTS.
But alas Hollywood is good at its job.

new topics

top topics

join