It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe search for a signal with the Fibonacci numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have read and I think they check the frequencies that correlate to water or some such. Have they ever though of just looking for signals matching the Fibonacci numbers? Seems to me intelligent beings might use this as a way to say hello. You can see this even in galaxies so it would be a big hello I would think that you could not mistake.

Wonder if seti@home looked for this instead of triplets, pulses, Gaussian if it would have any luck finding a signal.

What about the "WoW' signal. Anything in that look like Fibonacci numbers?

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Xeven]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Excellent idea! The problem is it would have to be a very short sequence that repeats frequently, but it would be difficult to mistake for a natural phenomenon. It might be worth going over the extant SETI data with your theory in mind.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't think SETI will ever find any signals in light-speed media. I think they should start searching FTL media, like a modulated zero point field media.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by Larryman]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is a very good thought!! I don't recall ever seeing that as a search factor either. Could be wrong though.

My curiosity makes me wonder how many times that sequence would be occuring naturally? Would be hilarious if it occured frequently ...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

interesting idea i dont really know much about Fibonacci numbers so i wont embarrass myself but it might make things either

new topics

top topics

join