It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What all does Buzz Aldrin know? Interesting.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Buzz Aldrin- The pilot of the Apollo 11 Lunar Module and the second person to step foot on the moon is a very interesting man.

I recently began researching him due to many various reasons and he has a very interesting history with the unknown.

First, he claims to have encountered a UFO or some object on his mission to the Moon in 1969:

However, at the end of this Larry King interview he claims that "It was just one of the panels"...

Hmm...sure it was just "a panel", thats what they wanted him to say

On another interview, Buzz reveals news of a "monolith" on the surface of Mars's moon Phobos (start at :36)

Here is a picture of this monolith he is talking about:

ALSO, there is knowledge of a similar monolith on Mars itself:

I have no idea what all this means or could possibly mean, but it's very interesting.
Opinions?

PS. Click the external links to see an analysis of the Phobos monolith and the second link for another picture of the Mars monolith, they wouldnt pop up on my post for some reason.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by DJLateralus]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

Also don't forget he talked about Phobos on 'Dancing with the Stars', on MSNBC on April 15th and that he flew with Obama on Air Force One recently. Put all that and whatnot together...and what comes out?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I will also include this image of a rover photo on NASA's website, when you click on the photo, zoom in on the top-right photograph and look at the object sticking up from the surface. What the hell is that?!?!

www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Buzz "revealed" nothing. The monolith (the word means "single stone") has been known about and discussed for a long time.

Here's what Aldrin said to Alex Jones (of all people) regarding the Phobos monolith (at 5:30)

"It's a big, big, tall rock. Now I could say it looks like maybe it's a crude construction device by some creatures who practiced on Phobos and then landed in Egypt and built the pyramids. But I don't believe that. But some people are liable to think that".

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJLateralus
I will also include this image of a rover photo on NASA's website, when you click on the photo, zoom in on the top-right photograph and look at the object sticking up from the surface. What the hell is that?!?!

www.nasa.gov...

That one has been discussed by Internos a while ago if i remember correct. It was a parachute or something. Not something out of place.
What happened to Internos anyways?!

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Lunica]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

It is the backshell of the Phoenix lander.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
What happened to Internos anyways?!

Hi Lunica, how unbelievable it must sound to you as it did to me, the unbelievable has happened, Internos is banned.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Aldrin has some type of game he's playing with the media and conspiracy theorists.

Out of nowhere on C-SPAN the man brings up a "monolith" on a moon of Mars and he expects people to think nothing of the comment when asked about it later.

Maybe its senility. Maybe he's trying to leak out a little of what he knows before he passes away. I don't care. Whatever he's doing he's going about it entirely the wrong way and he really should just remain quiet if he knows something or not. What he's doing does not help and only serves to make him look senile.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Aldrin has some type of game he's playing with the media and conspiracy theorists.

he has said things that most probably he shouldn't have.... in any case, thought of sharing my earlier research on the subject......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Buzz "revealed" nothing.

not even about ufos?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

If instead of picking up sound bites, you listen to his entire interview (on Jones and on CSPAN) you will understand that what he is doing is arousing public interest in space exploration. Public interest = political interest. Political interest = funding.

He wants space exploration to continue. For that to happen the public must remain interested.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Frith

If instead of picking up sound bites, you listen to his entire interview (on Jones and on CSPAN) you will understand that what he is doing is arousing public interest in space exploration. Public interest = political interest. Political interest = funding.

He wants space exploration to continue. For that to happen the public must remain interested.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by Phage]

that is what he sounds like to me as well , he is trying to inspire people to discover, who knows there may be people on these very boards who go on to discover great things because of a little inspiration.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

PS. Click the external links to see an analysis of the Phobos monolith and the second link for another picture of the Mars monolith, they wouldnt pop up on my post for some reason.

That link is not for the Mars monolith you posted before, that was a mistake made by some sites that didn't confirmed their data, that monolith is in a different area.

There's a thread somewhere about that.

Here's that thread about the Mars monolith.

[edit on 16/5/2010 by ArMaP]

[edit on 16/5/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

However, at the end of this Larry King interview he claims that "It was just one of the panels"...
Hmm...sure it was just "a panel", thats what they wanted him to say
he didn't say he's sure it was a panel, just 99.99

On another interview, Buzz reveals news of a "monolith" on the surface of Mars's moon Phobos (start at :36)

I have no idea what all this means or could possibly mean, but it's very interesting.
Opinions?

Phage nailed it. He's trying to inspire interest in space exploration by using tantalizing language and discussing artifacts like the monolith to help generate that interest. And it seems to be working to some extent, he generated enough interest by you to start this thread.

There's probably a dozen threads about this already, I'm not sure we really needed another one. But that monolith is pretty cool regardless of what Buzz or anyone else says about it, the picture tells an interesting story all by itself.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't know what all Buzz knows, but he certainly knows how to throw a right hook!

Seriously, if Buzz knew something about the existence of ETs, don't you think he would have come out with it by now? Not in some veiled way, but state it directly.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
When it comes to buzz i'm not really sure what to think,part of me hopes he knows something big & is letting us know bit by bit.
like phage said he's trying to generate interest in space exploration,i'd love for the best scientists in the world to get together & explore the stars together.

if he was saying something he wasn't suppose to he would have been shut up by now i think

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yeah, now that phage said it, it makes alot more sense that he's just rallying interest in space exploration. That sounds like the most logical answer to me, but who knows?

But LOL at the right hook video, I forgot he even did that. But the reporter had it coming, who is he to approach Buzz saying things like that?!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Buzz Aldrin is not the only astronaut you has mentioned something about the UFO/ET phenomenon. So if you don't like what you hear from him there is a recent thread on here about 10 astronauts who have spoken out about the UFO/ET phenomenon.

Now I have a question. How do monoliths come about? Mars has a very different atmosphere, gravity, temperature, weather, etc. etc.

Is the monolith in an area where it might have once been submerged underwater (the one on Mars not Phobos) ? Did Phobos have liquid water?

How do Monoliths form on Earth?

From wiki:

Monolith
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Monolith (disambiguation).
A monolith is a geological feature such as a mountain, consisting of a single massive stone or rock, or a single piece of rock placed as, or within, a monument. Erosion usually exposes the geological formations, which are most often made of very hard and solid metamorphic or igneous rock.
The word derives from the Latin word monolithus from the Greek word μονόλιθος (monolithos), derived from μόνος ("one" or "single") and λίθος ("stone").

Link

Is there a serious scientific explanation of how the Monolith formed?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I just want to know what Aldrin's motives were behind his answers when he was interviewed by Ali G.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
In one interview he talks about there being a base on the far darkside of the moon that is habited by aliens.... makes you wanna guess why we havent been back to the moon recently?? And why we have a space station instead of a moon base.... Things that make you go .. Hmmmm... or why Russia or anyother country hasnt built a moon base...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join