It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Attempts at Pipe-in plan fails again!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

BP Attempts at Pipe-in plan fails again!

www.miamiherald.com

Despite media reports, BP says efforts to connect mile-long pipe to cap oil is not a success

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
They are going to try again later this morning, but so far it has failed.

The promising thing is that they were able to siphon off some oil for some time, but how much we will never know.

Before claiming this a success once this is in place, I would still like to see real footage of the after effects.

From what BP is saying, they can siphon off 2/3 of the oil. If the leak is really at 70K BPD, then that means there is still 21K BPD of oil still gushing into the GOM.

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I demand
all operations
be broadcast live
on CSPAN for the duration.

It's our bleeping channel, it's our
bleeping country, it's our bleeping world.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Here here! No more propoganda, no more cover ups. Let's see this stuff at its raw state and BP should have a camera broadcasting its operations live so they cannot continue to cover up their mess.

After all, whether it's the tax payer or people who love seafood, we're all going to pay for this one way or another. We need to see what is going on down there.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
BP = Big Problem

BP= Borderline Psychos

BP = Boycott Product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
I demand
all operations
be broadcast live

David Grouchy

Amen...ditto...
STAR
and WHY the hell NOT? Aside from making for interesting viewing, we have a RIGHT to know.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I demand
all operations
be broadcast live

David Grouchy

Standing ovation.

I think you should start a thread. We the people, who are Sovereign, demand full oversight on this disaster. No more secrecy, no more deception.

Slowly, people are going to realize this was no accident.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Soular System]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What i would do if i was the american government is destroy bp for what they did, the government has that power.

I do not know why american government is not running this operation, why is it being left to bp?

But my only advice is that american government has the power to destroy bp, and why not?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Why dont all the oil companies try to find a way to cap it, not just BP. This is one of the worst enviromental disasters man has created(only deforestation is worse IMhO) and obviously BP can fix the problem. Everyone with the resources needs to be on this, I find it hard to believe that this has been gushing for almost a month now, and no one has came up with a way to stop this.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
What i would do if i was the american government is destroy bp for what they did, the government has that power.

I do not know why american government is not running this operation, why is it being left to bp?

But my only advice is that american government has the power to destroy bp, and why not?

Yes the American government should destroy, BP, Andy. Maybe they don't because the American goverment is in bed with the British one?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I demand
all operations
be broadcast live

Or, maybe, they should just put all their efforts into trying to stop it, not deciding who gets the broadcasting rights and faffing around with cameras instead of doing something productive?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Just bury it. JUST BURY IT!!!!

Ore carriers should be kept loaded with aggregate (sand and rocks) just for this kind of thing. Dump a mountain of dirt on it. Sure BP loses the well. But so what? They could have drilled more without much protest if there had been a REAL safety program. This could have been ended on day 1 or 2, not month 1 or 2, by dumping a mountain of dirt on it.

Now MSM is reporting huge underwater plumes of oil tens of miles long that have not surfaced, that will deplete oxygen and destroy the marine life in mass in the GOM. So what we see on the surface is NOTHING compared to what is to come.

Oil is important, sure, but food is more important. God help the fish.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Yes the American government should destroy, BP, Andy. Maybe they don't because the American goverment is in bed with the British one?

Yep i said it in jest, of course they should really destroy the company that did this, but of course the anglo american empire is behind bp.

I was being sarcastic. But they should really destroy bp, if all of this is true.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
wat are the chances to an citizen file to court against BP..
and an world wide boycot of BP products
can it been organised?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
can it been organised?

Why boycott BP ? If we do that they wont have any money to clean up the oil !

Companies are not people, they dont have feelings or make decision, surely the people who make the decisions for BP are the ones to blame and need to be investigated. Boycott BP and you could close the company down.......leaving the people in charge to walk free and start a new company.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

can it been organised?

Do not think so. A country like america can destroy bp, but if they do not bp will go on.

The problem with that is the anglo american empire is behind bp, so i doubt that will happen. But america could if they wanted too.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly

can it been organised?

Why boycott BP ? If we do that they wont have any money to clean up the oil !

Companies are not people, they dont have feelings or make decision, surely the people who make the decisions for BP are the ones to blame and need to be investigated. Boycott BP and you could close the company down.......leaving the people in charge to walk free and start a new company.

Why boycott BP? Hmmmm, let me see. Maybe because their motivation is purely greed? Maybe because of the ecological disaster that is now taking place, but that should have been forseen? What a shame it would be , to close down a nature destroying company! Oh, but wait , they might lose money! Poor , BP! Sorry, but I don't buy it, Anamoly. Do you work for these creeps?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I know you were being sarcastic, brother. I however am not. The American goverment should dismantle this corrupt entity piece by piece, and then send it's pieces to all corners of the kingdom. Isn't that what the English used to do to criminals ?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It seems to be working now.... But is this just a quick fix? They are going to shut it off eventually apparently. This will make a good talking point come November.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Maybe because their motivation is purely greed?

BP, the actual legal entity that 'is' BP doesnt have feelings of 'greed'. Greed is something only people posses. So people can he held acountable.

The 'company' called BP is more flexible than that, you can put people onto the board of directors, use all the information gleaned from this disaster and create something good...or at least 'better' than trying to destroy a company that has a lot of power, knowledge, technology and money which, channelled correctly, could be a force for good. Its like a capitalist government in the west, it can provide great opportunities to people, but if you dont like the worship of money to achieve this and you want to change the government, then you have to get yourself 'in' so you direct the course. Same with BP, its either a force for bad or good depending on the people shaping its future.

it's important to remember that companies like BP have grown over many years with the input from a lot of very clever people. To really change these organisations and, more importantly, the cultural atmosphere that encourages them, the we have to educate ourselves to the level where we can get in control of these 'tools' (which is how most companies could be seen, they are tools for good or bad, like a hammer, its also a murder weapon but when we see a murderer using one we take it off them and lock them up. We dont destroy or 'boycott' the hammer !

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Wobbly Anomaly]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join