It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with the sun? Not where it should be

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hello, I am a new member.
I know that the sun and stars move gradually but so much in such a short time??

I have lived here in the Western North Carolina Mountains for 22 years and I have lived in this home for 14 years. As the years past I could tell what the seasons were by where the sun rose and set. There are trees that stand as markers to that effect too On December 26,2004 after the big Indonesia earthquake that caused that dreadful tsunami I noticed a 2nd change in the stars and the sun (the first was in 1999) The sun change about 5 degress more to the right of here..southwest.(now I measure it by my hand..thumbs close to hand and that's 5 degrees)
And I didn't see the North Star here any more.

After the Haiti earthquake they said the earths speed changed (rotation too?) And again I noticed the sun was not where it usally is (by a certain tree) that time of year. A couple of days ago I noticed that the sun was no longer shining in my bedroom when the time came when it should be. So I looked up and the sun was half way over my trailer and not at the end of it where it's been coming up for the past 14 years (minus that 5 degrees) So I measured with my hand and it was 5 hands to the left of normal rising (thankfully still in the east) and that's 25 degrees!! And I watched where the sun set and geee the sun is way off of normal.

Also, The sun has not been coming up the usual time..very late. So I watched it and at High Noon the sun straight up the time was 3 PM and at sun angle 1 PM it was 4 PM!!

Now the closest theory I can come up with is that these big earthquake Haiti and chile this year did more then change the speed of the earths rotation by 1/26 of a second as they claimed. And it also caused a shift of the poles causing the earth to tilt more (direction?)

Am I the only one who's noticed this on this forum? Can you all take notice of this if you have lived in the same place for awhile or even if it has been noticable to you too.

What else have 'They' not been telling us?

Mod Note: You Have a (PM) message - Click Here.

[edit on 16/5/2010 by Sauron]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtowermaya

Moved from introductions

Sauron,
Member & Moderator.

[edit on 19/5/2010 by Sauron]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Hi, I did notice it sitting pretty high today, not sure if that is normal.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I don't like these threads, but I have to admit that I have been noticing something similar. The sun is already pretty Northward in the sky for May, and the shadows on my plants and pool are in different spots than I have ever seen them.

There is also reports of the Gulf of Mexico being at record high temperatures for this time of year (even before the oil leak).

I hate to admit it, but something seems different.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The Sun is right where it should be from my point of view. Polaris (the north star) is too, right there, due north.

The Chile earthquake might have shortened the length of a day but not by 1/26 of a second. The amount calculated is 1/1,260,000 of a second. That's a bit more than on millionth of a second. But that's too small to measure so it's pretty much just conjecture about whether it actually did happen.

No, the earthquakes did not change the tilt of the Earth.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
And then there is that little thing last week where the moon's crescent was on the bottom instead of on the side as usual.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
agreed, for this time of year it seems out. To far North. Though it is 30 days till solstice. Maybe I work to hard. It will be new year soon. OMG.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hi there,

I have to agree with your post. I am in western Europe. For this time of year the sun is in the sky much longer than normal.

This is most noticeable in the evening. This would be normal in another month but for the last few weeks it has been out very late. I have seen it very high in the sky in the late evening and then there tends to be a fairly quick sunset which is not something we are used to have here.

You also mentioned the North Star. This is funny. My father got me interested in looking at the skies. The last time he visited me he was outside at night and was really confused that he couldn't see the north star. It always worked off the North star for finding anything in the night sky. It was never something I passsed much remarks on.

I may be wrong on this but I believe that the North Star can move out of sight at times . I thought I read this somewhere before. Or maybe thats just some excue they are using now.

Maybe someone else can confirm this.

I definitely agree that the Sun is acting funny.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
And then there is that little thing last week where the moon's crescent was on the bottom instead of on the side as usual.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

I seen this a few days ago and I don't think I have seen this before. It was only a tiny sliver of silver here but it did look really cool.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Isn't there a fairly decent planet alignment coming up in early June? Is causing things to look different?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Speaking of pools I have one and it has an inflatable ring to keep it afloat but I am having trouble with it as it likes to leak. Im in Houston and I have noticed the moon up during the day but I can not keep that thing full of air. A week ago we got some rain and it flooded over. But the ring around the pool has been acting up, I guess thats my only point really.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hi, Now that it's been brought up I think more people will look up and around see if they too see anything different.
Peoples have been pushed so hard for so long ...work,work,work,
pay,pay,pay, ZZZZ that haven't had time to notice.

Truth Love and True Light, Maya

reply to post by 12.21.12

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well I see some things never change. Guess there will always be DeBunkers.

Truth, Love and True Light, Maya

reply to post by Phage

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I'm a debunker because I see the Sun and the stars where they should be?
How do you know I'm not hopping back and forth between timelines? How do you know you aren't?

[edit on 5/19/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Well, welcome to ATS, turning into your "Free Source of Readily Available Information" headquarters....

Here is a handy-dandy website to educate and edify:

aa.usno.navy.mil...

Now...gently, here...I suggest a nice sit, maybe a cup of tea (or stronger, as is your wont) and consider that IF such a huge, and very, very noticable astronomical occurence had taken place, there would be a heck of a lot more people talking about it, eh?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
My Hero....
I see there are still DeBunkers out there...at least that what we called them in the 1990's. After I read that Post, your's was next and it made me smile

reply to post by Just Wondering

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It will also be a new Age soon.

reply to post by guessing

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have a square foot garden ("8 x 3') on wheels because until about June-July i have to move it around to get a fulls day sun. This year I planted in April and haven't had to move it once. It seems to me that the sun's path during the day has moved more northward versus past years, although the sunrise seems to be a bit more to the south. The plants seem to like it as they are doing great with the exception of the root vegtables..

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Do you not understand the concept of the globe, our Earth? Different latitudes, views of astronomical occurences appear different, depending on point on Earth observing from?

Add to that the complexities of the Lunar orbit, and the entire phasing phenomenon, as we view it...

Maybe I chalk it up to youth...I've lived long enough, and been in different locations on the Globe, and have seen the waxing AND waning crescents of the Moon at many different angles, relative to the horizon, time of year, and my latitude at the time.

Now....To the notion of the Sun rising or setting a bit "off"? How accurate is an "eyeball" measurement, and one's perception via that method? How fragile is the Human memory, year after year?

To sit in a room, gazing out a window, using a favorite tree as a reference point doesn't account for differences in the positioning of the observor, year after year. you may think your favorite easy chair hasn't budged in twelve months, but...really? Certain?

A difference of only a few inches will amount to a great deal of parallax in what you observe, and perceive. These are pretty basic understandings, and aren't hard to research.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Dude...I usually stay out of this type of thing, but really?

Debunker does not equate to basing opinions off of scientific and observational facts.

I am as open minded as they come, but according to my data collection, everything is where it should be.

Does that make me a debunker or an intelligent human being communicating what he knows?

You shouldn't label people in such a manner, this is not fantasy land where every theory and observation gets discussed in a manner that supports it. This is ATS, where denying ignorance includes, no, requires that people do research and present their findings to their peers for review.

I read what Phage had to say, did not take it at face value and decided to review and apply the information myself. My findings support what he has said and now his results have been peer-reviewed and confirmed by another source.

If you want to argue against what the man has stated don't come on here like a 12 year-old idiot calling people debunkers. Instead conduct your own research and provide us with evidence that contradicts what has been said.

If I go into one of these threads calling people lazy morons I would get yelled at, probably penalized by the moderators and would prove my own ignorance. If you come in here calling people "debunkers" or disinformation agents it goes by unnoticed, but is just as, if not more insulting.

If conducting proper research makes one a debunker, then sign me up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join