It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama sends nuclear experts to tackle BP

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Good lord. Nuclear physics involves the nucleus of an atom. It doesn't mean there's going to be a nuclear bomb guys. Relax. Carbon (oil) is an atom. Maybe they are just trying to figure out the quickest way on an atomic and molecular level to clean up the oil spill. Nuclear physicists don't just make nuclear bombs. Nuclear bombs, by the way, are called such because they involve fusion and fission of atoms. You know what they say about assuming.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

You're right with that.

But I can't help wondering if they're preparing people for a plan they have to use one as an option, when they add things like this:

The five-man team – which includes a man who helped develop the first hydrogen bomb in the 1950s

Apparently, it would seal the leak, but I think we all know it would have catastrophic effects if it was used one way or another.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Thats a great idea, we cant contain the spill so we'll just nuke it and the explosion will blow all the oil away so it dont stick in the one spot and look so bad, which of these idiots is calling themselves the scientist ?
If it hasn't hit the coastline yet this is a sure way to move it there quicker.
Have they every tested a nuke on an oil reserve and how many earthquakes is this going to trigger off. Its not going to just blow up and seal off a hole. Its going to blow the whole bloody thing open. Then were not going to be just cleaning up the oil, we have to deal with the fallout.
Guess you can say goodbye to fishing in the gulf for the next 20 years.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
Good lord. Nuclear physics involves the nucleus of an atom. It doesn't mean there's going to be a nuclear bomb guys. Relax. Carbon (oil) is an atom. Maybe they are just trying to figure out the quickest way on an atomic and molecular level to clean up the oil spill. Nuclear physicists don't just make nuclear bombs. Nuclear bombs, by the way, are called such because they involve fusion and fission of atoms. You know what they say about assuming.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

THANK YOU. At least you and me realized this and every one else in this thread has failed to recognize this.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soular System

Now, what on earth are nuclear experts doing on an oil spill, other than they are thinking about blowing up the well head.

Not only will we have oil, and chemical dispersants, but now radiation?

I think we are most definitely headed toward a global catastrophe.

Blow a hole in the ocean, that'll fix it. Man, these people are insane.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is insane, we don't know how russia used their nukes and where. Also we don't know how many mistakes where done by them (usually we only get good results from russia, never the problems).

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Soular System

So they wanna nuke this thing?

What happens when the nuke sublimates all that methane hydrate ice in the Gulf and it comes bubbling up and is ignited from all the EMP energy from the nuke?

This has to be the stupidest idea yet.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
Nuclear physics involves the nucleus of an atom. It doesn't mean there's going to be a nuclear bomb guys. Relax. Carbon (oil) is an atom.

Nuclear experts or nuclear physicists don't have any business doing the work of chemists or bio-chemical engineers.

Sending nuclear engineers to do the job of chemical engineers is like putting the captain of cruise ship in the cockpit of a 747.

Although it takes a person of high intelligence to to both jobs, they're not interchangeable.

Conferring with nuclear experts mean only on thing and it's "How can we use an nuclear blast to shut off this leak?", that's all.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
problem is most people dont know a thing about nuks thats within the last 40 years now the old uranium nuks were dirty as heck left alot of radeashion that will stick around for 5 to 50k years .(think hershima nagasaka yea yea spelling i know)
any the new ones we have now are plutonium and colbolt and yes hydrogen
there high yeald clean weapons that you can blow a city away say like Moscow wate a week go in and rebuild with the background radiation at the same leaves as befor you ever boomed the place.
so no lasting effects with these new weapons so go get a 30 kl ton boom blow it up on the ocean floor teh shock wave crushes against the pipe closing it up moving the very rock its drilled through to close it up even farther .
and forget caving in the well or your many cracks thing theres another 12000 feet of rock before you get to the well and no nuk could crack that.
80% chance is a low figer more like 95% chance it would work with no long tearm effects what so ever and getting ride of a few 100k gallons of oil to boot.
one nuk can crack the planet lol were do you guys come up with taht stuff?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by martianboy
reply to post by Soular System

So they wanna nuke this thing?

What happens when the nuke sublimates all that methane hydrate ice in the Gulf and it comes bubbling up and is ignited from all the EMP energy from the nuke?

This has to be the stupidest idea yet.

Do you even understand what an electro magnetic pulse is? You wouls have to rewrite physics to even get close to doing something like this. Luckily physics doesnt like that so trust me when i say this scenario cannot happen.

Now i was doing some research into hydrates and discovered something which could solve this problem. When the tried to use the dome the hydrates formed got sticky and clogged the pipe. Since this is still the best option for capturing it all. BP needs to pull this off the shelf there aware of it but why they arent using it is beyond me.
Cold war against hydratesl

<< 3  4  5   >>

join