It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama sends nuclear experts to tackle BP

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
All I can do is "lol" not at Obama and this idea, but at those who oppose it.

The president of the United States gives a possible solution to fix this ecological disaster and he gets crap for it. Better than what most of you could actually present.

I'm curious to see if this would even take place. If it does, it might just work. I'm not a scientist though, and neither are any of you.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

Well, since it's Obama's idea, he can burn in Hell with the rest of the morons when it all goes south.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Soular System]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What would happen if the nuk made the huge oil hole explode ? I mean set fire to an unknown (possibly) amount of Oil

We dont really know do we.

is that possible ?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Soular System

Well from what I heard the gulf actually leaks oil naturally, I tried to find that source but couldn't,

So with that in mind, an explosion might not be a good plan.

The bottom line is that oil does indeed naturally seep from the seafloor in many places and that this seepage does, over time, add up to an awful lot of oil, rivaling some of the biggest human spills. But natural seeps have become part of the ecosystem (over long periods of time), while oil spills wreak massive ecological destruction.

From Newsweek

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Thats just CRAZY.
Is on the beach. In fact I live only 100 yards from the gulf of mexico. So for the next 100 years I get to look at radioactive water that glows int he dark, that has no fish, no oysters, no shrimp, no crabs, no birds...and no Tourists ever..

Cause some big brain yankee old fart from some big think tank says..
LETS NUKE THE SITE..

1. It makes it worse.
2. All the trapped methane implodes and fractures the gulf trench, seting up vibrations through the various surrounding tectonic plates and you get a ripple effect, from the pressure wave. Thus all the surrounding fault zones which are sleeping wake up and become active. Dormant volcanos blow there tops as the pressure wave moves through the earths crust.
Millions die because these idiots have no idea what will happen...
3. Evil lizards ploting in lower levels of pentagon.

( Over lord Lizard ) send a tweet to the Prez tell him WE have decided and order him to NUKE the BP gusher..

( Joint cheifs of Staff ) ..um..are you sure..that could set up all kinds of problems not just radioative water, the pressure wave could setoff numerious tatonic shifts , making the indoesian tsunami look like a peble in a pond...

( OverLord Lizard ) We grow tired of all your foolishness, We only need 500 million slaves on this planet. We don't need the other 6 and a half billion. Do your job drone or I WILL EAT YOU NOW...

( Joint cheifs of staff ) um..ok no problem..::calles the prez and advises him to NUKE THE SITE::

(prez obama ) ...static Order the X-37B to open fire over the Bp Site, will laser it shut and save the oceans of the world.. Then I'll have millions of gratified VOTERS in the next election. and be the savior of the worlds oceans..

Except the JCS operation goes into effect before the X-37B can fire and were all screwed...

( Overlord Lizard ) ::evil laughter::

Like I said at the beginning..THATS JUST CRAZY...

hmmmm...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

------------------------------------------------------------

Anything is possible; of course with oil well fires we know that with non-nuclear explosions, which have been done many times for many
years to put out land based well fires, the explosions extinguish all the oxygen in the area, so the fire goes out. This is ocean based, so technology, and potential effects are definitely not comparable.

I think the odds listed by the Russians in the video were 5 experiences good to one bad; there is always that 1 chance possible that something unexpected or disasterous could occur, that everyone will worry about if
the decision is made to proceed, and until everything appears to be ok. Prayer will definitely be in order for believers, and even non believers can at least hope for the best.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Some how this sounds like every monster movie from the 1950's. Detonate a nuclear device at depth, saturate the area with radiation, and then wait for giant mutant horse shoe crabs. Naturally they will attack a few lone vessels a long way out. Distress calls will be sent but no one will believe them. That is, of course, until the monsters make it ashore and commence reeking chaos and havoc. Pandemonium and destroyed Waffle Houses as far as the eye can see.

It sure does sound better than the "Junk Shot". Way more dramatic. Unless of course instead of grinding up old tire and golf balls, we grind up oil company CEO's and Wall Streeters trying to profit off the spill and stuff them in the pipe.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well what else would you expect from a "warmongor leader" like Barry Soetoro. Hey, we gotta lot of bombs, nuke that leak. We'll show them we are on the ball here.

This guy in the White House dasn't have a clue.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by romanmel]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY

Some how this sounds like every monster movie from the 1950's. Detonate a nuclear device at depth, saturate the area with radiation, and then wait for giant mutant horse shoe crabs. Naturally they will attack a few lone vessels a long way out. Distress calls will be sent but no one will believe them. That is, of course, until the monsters make it ashore and commence reeking chaos and havoc. Pandemonium and destroyed Waffle Houses as far as the eye can see.

It sure does sound better than the "Junk Shot". Way more dramatic. Unless of course instead of grinding up old tire and golf balls, we grind up oil company CEO's and Wall Streeters trying to profit off the spill and stuff them in the pipe.

God, I love a good imagination. Science fiction writers are the true prophets.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I posted a couple of thread about the nuke option, one about this article in fact, and the overwhelming majority of ATS members are against the idea. I for 1 am in support of such a strategy to use explosives to dislodge earth to clog the hole, if fact, it worked for the Soviets on more then one occasion!

-E-

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
I posted a couple of thread about the nuke option, one about this article in fact, and the overwhelming majority of ATS members are against the idea. I for 1 am in support of such a strategy to use explosives to dislodge earth to clog the hole, if fact, it worked for the Soviets on more then one occasion!

-E-

Show me where it's been done at 5000 ft?

Otherwise, it's experiMENTAL

Do we really want to experiment with nukes in the Gulf, when we already have a catastrophe of epic proportions?

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Soular System]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
well someone's gotta think of something, BP isn't going to do a damn thing. I'm sure they're accepting any good ideas people can come up with

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The average person on this board and the average person anywhere else does not know what nuclear physics is. Most people think HUR HUR IT PROBABLY INVOLVES NUCLEAR BOMB. I suggest people study in any way shape or form about nuclear physics.

Well let me give a tiny little summary: all elements do not have the same amount of neutrons in them, that is called an isotope. They sometimes may also try to give away protons, electrons, neutrons in order to be stable. The act of emitting those extra atoms is called radioactive decay.

So please do not assume that because the word nuclear is involved does not mean a nuclear weapon is involved too. So many idiots in this world I swear.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by fordrew]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
The average person on this board and the average person anywhere else does not know what nuclear physics are. Most people think HUR HUR IT PROBABLY INVOLVES NUCLEAR BOMB. I suggest people study in any way shape or form about nuclear physics.

Well let me give a tiny little summary: all elements do not have the same amount of neutrons in them, that is called an isotope. They sometimes may also try to give away protons, electrons, neutrons in order to be stable. The act of emitting those extra atoms is called radiation.

So please do not assume that because the word nuclear is involved does not mean a nuclear weapon is involved too. So many idiots in this world I swear.

Your arrogance in underestimating people underlines one of the problems of society today. People ASSume, just cuz they haven't spent their parents pensions on college, they ain't smart.

I'd like to see you make good moonshine. Some of the worlds best scientists, are hidden in the sticks. Some of the worlds greatest minds, are hidden in the masses. All they need to do is ask for help.

>SNIP< arrogance.

Mod Edit: Censor Circumvention. Please review

[edit on 5/17/2010 by yeahright]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

and you are ignorant. Not once did the article state anything about using a nuclear weapon or bomb of any sort. You *sicken* me completely.

Every single post is talking about OMG THEY ARE GONNA BOMB THE OIL?
Read every single post on this thread NOW.

I ask for you to apologize to me for being wrong. Go back and read the article carefully then read the other member's posts.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Nukin the ocean. Good lord. I think it would probably end up doing more harm than good. Im all for the hay idea after i read that thread. Maybe droppin a nuke could cause a natural disaster leading to martial law

Oooh boy just kidding.
But seriously, no nukes

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Destiny Curious]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

and you are ignorant. Not once did the article state anything about using a nuclear weapon or bomb of any sort. You *sicken* me completely.

Every single post is talking about OMG THEY ARE GONNA BOMB THE OIL?
Read every single post on this thread NOW.

I then want you to apologize to me for being wrong. Go back and read the article carefully then read the other member's posts.

Sorry, I don't have a piece of paper that says i'm real smart.

Reread the article. It says they have a plan, they just ain't tellin anyone.

That's Freemason for, 'useless eaters' are below us.

>SNIP<

Mod Edit: Courtesy is Mandatory. Please Review.

[edit on 5/17/2010 by yeahright]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You obviously are too weak minded to understand the implications of detonating a nuclear device over the oil spill. I am done talking to you. You uneducated piece of garbage. Are you trying to make fun of me that I am educated and you are not? I am talking about elementary nuclear physics.

I am just appalled and sickened to my stomach that every single person jumped to the conclusion of nuclear weapons being a possibility.

Even *if* they use nukes, it will be extremely sophisticated and controlled. If you read any of the articles of Russians suggesting to use nukes they used a very controlled and sophisticated methods to stop the leaks. The explosions will be relatively minuscule. Heck I wonder why they would not use regular explosives.

Just because Russian media suggested it does not mean that American physicists are suggesting it too.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sounds very risky to me especially placed in such a precarious place on the globe......
....Oh dear!!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure if a nuke is the answer. At least right now there is a large pipe that (thusfar failed attempts) we could at least try to stick another pipe into and siphon off the oil, or seal off the blowout valve with junk, but if we det a nuke, what if the end result is a large crater on the ocean floor, with a new leak that is several hundred feet down the crater? And now the pipe and blowout valve etc are totally gone, so good luck fixing it then!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Try this on for size. The nuke collapses the ocean floor releasing all the oil and gas at once. It burns out of control. It soon burns up all the oxygen on the planet ending all life as we know it. Could that really happen? Who knows but using a nuke to stop this flood of oil is that most crazy I have ever heard. Even some one in a nut house would know better. This has to be a joke. Forget 2012 we are not going to be around to see it at this rate.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join