It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama sends nuclear experts to tackle BP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the announcement that the nuke has gone off, and that that long-legged-mack-daddy-teleprompter-reading-turd-sandwich and his cabinet are nowhere to be found for comment. That will be the sign that TSHTF.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soular System
reply to post by legalizeit

Hmm, storing books in salt mines, storing seeds in the Arctic, wonder where they've hid the Ark?

Ya really .. seeing as though everything seems to be biblical these days .. why not disasters ...
I'm sure they have an Ark somewhere or should I say Arks .. one thing America has a massive hard-on for more than anything .. for which they will even kill their own citizens in mass if need be .. is continuity of government ... losing control means losing everything .. so the sorry bastards will do anything to save themselves .. maybe call it Bush's Ark ... or Dick's Ark ..
.. *no pun intended* ..

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
British Petroleum Successfully Inserts New Pipe to Siphon Oil From Gulf of Mexico

Breaking news

Well, no nukes is good nukes, lol

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
British Petroleum Successfully Inserts New Pipe to Siphon Oil From Gulf of Mexico

Breaking news

I'll believe it when they show video of it.

So far, everything they've said has basically turned out to be lies.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Breaking news

They admit it is not a fix, but only works to a degree, lol.

Still say america needs a hydrogen bomb.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I wonder if there is anyway that they could (if you will) pinch the pipe shut?
It wouldnt be a tight fix, but it might stop the flow a lot more if they could do that. That would also give them a little more time to work on sealing it properly.
I dunno, just an idea.

I dont think trying to blow something up a mile underground, where theres no room for error, is the best way to go, especially if they screw up, and so far their track records havent been so great. So I dont put a lot of faith into this concept. If we screw this up to the point to where we cannot get back down there to fix it, we are in one hell of a mess.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If they use nukes, who knows of the outcome,

Hopefully something good can come out of it.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-5-2010 by GrinchNoMore]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I may have an Idea . But the government might not do it . Using a Ufo to fly over the gulf and suck the oil out ..may not work but why not give it a try

[edit on 16-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Ahhh, gotta love the smell of depleted uranium in your fish.

What happens if it makes the leak worse, then what?

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Soular System]

we all die and perish!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't see how we can make any kind of judgment about this unless of course, we're nuclear experts or geologists or something... How can you pooh-pooh on an idea that you don't even understand?

I'm not saying this is the right way to go about it, but at least I admit that I don't have a clue how to fix this disaster. And if experts in the field think that somehow a nuclear 'something' might fix it, then I'm going to have to know more about it before I approve OR disapprove.

Having scientists look for a solution seems the most practical and effective next step to me... It's not like they're getting ready to set off a nuke and then see what happens.

You are obviously blissfully unaware that you are posting on ATS.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I wonder if Michael Bay will be filming if they decide to go with the "nuclear" option? this is getting sureal.

Michael Bay Hoping to Blow Up Gulf of Mexico - FARCE
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What??

Nukes on the ocean.We have gone grazy.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Now, what on earth are nuclear experts doing on an oil spill, other than they are thinking about blowing up the well head.

Not only will we have oil, and chemical dispersants, but now radiation?

I think we are most definitely headed toward a global catastrophe.

Blow a hole in the ocean, that'll fix it. Man, these people are insane.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

any number of reasons including that nuclear experts may know how to clean up hazardous waste...sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
why is it that you have to have a phd from an ivy league university to come up with the really retarded f=ing ideas that only make things worse...

meanwhile...the average dudes that look at this situation and say 'duh, yeah, stick some frickin giant hoses down there and suck that nasty shytt outta there...' get totally ignored.

yes, nuclear bomb vs. giant vacuum cleaner hoses.....who wins? no wait, put a tiny ass little 6 inch straw down there after 1 month of leakage....now THATs the result of a bunch of genius experts putting their heads together.... why did i think of that the very first day of hearing about this incredible cluster phork and it took them over a month to put it into practice, albeit on an exponentiallly much less effective scale..... what, are we taking our cues from slurpee now or something? my god....

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't see how we can make any kind of judgment about this unless of course, we're nuclear experts or geologists or something... How can you pooh-pooh on an idea that you don't even understand?

I'm not saying this is the right way to go about it, but at least I admit that I don't have a clue how to fix this disaster. And if experts in the field think that somehow a nuclear 'something' might fix it, then I'm going to have to know more about it before I approve OR disapprove.

Having scientists look for a solution seems the most practical and effective next step to me... It's not like they're getting ready to set off a nuke and then see what happens.

I have suggested building the worlds biggest Sham-WOW. I have seen those suckers soak up some of the nastiest 'spills'.

Just a joke if anyone was confused or didn't find it funny.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Here's a video from Moscow regarding nuking the oil well in our gulf:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Ok I just hit the reply button straight away, as I don't understand why we should be afraid for a 'nuclear solution' to the problem. I thought that they're succesfully draining away the oil stream as we speak?
I read on the news that they installed a 1.5 (or something) kilometre pipe to discharge the oil, and that it's 'extremely succesful'.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thank you all for having me here today

In 1985 a man once told me you can not build a home without wood . I looked him in the eyes and said ..watch me ...I showed him how to build homes out of 100 things other than wood ...The point is , All things may have a place for the gulf . Yes it may take hours to clean up. or even days or weeks , but If they want to clean the oil up, Its up to effort , and the ability of a professional sucking machine that could suck 99.7% of the oil out of the gulf without taking sea life with it under 3 inches . Now this can only be done after the machine was built to suck the oil out . How long would it take ? who knows, the longest part would be making a machine to suck the oil out of the gulf . first thing would be to built a machine that can send 5 tubes that suck the oil out , there it would be sent someplace out of the gulf .

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
All I can do is "lol" not at Obama and this idea, but at those who oppose it.

The president of the United States gives a possible solution to fix this ecological disaster and he gets crap for it. Better than what most of you could actually present.

I'm curious to see if this would even take place. If it does, it might just work. I'm not a scientist though, and neither are any of you.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am not an oil man, but have been around long enough in Texas to say at this point that the chances, in my opinion, are now about 70% that this well will be nuked.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by manta78]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join