It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are only other countries evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Many times when discussing conspiracy theories like 9/11 people say, "The American government would never kill its own people."

My question is, why not? We know that China has killed its own people. Russia killed its own people. I know what some will say, "We are a democracy." Those countries claim to be good too, yet they have done terrible things.

What is the difference between killing other people or your own people, especially when seeking wealth and power?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
its an ego thing. people cant believe that what they think is right and wrong can be skewed. so im right until you prove me wrong and embaress me and then i end up gettin mad. thus at that point i'm not going to accept it, and start cursing you....

anyways, thats my opinion, and all we have to do is seperate ourselves from our ego and look at things in 3rd person and by unbiased.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I completely agree, we claim to be better than other countries, we claim to follow the constitution, which in some ways we do, but in other ways we don't.

And as far as americans killing americans it's a little something called the civil war!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
A section of the "members" can't grasp or face the reality that we are living in a play fabricated for us to believe in. Here's a good youtube that touches on the concept that most of us never really know ourselves and never live a real life. We have been trained to believe in the safety and security of this fiction.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Its called the "politics of fear" an ideology that came from the second world war. Basically its a way to control the population by telling them jonny foreigner is coming to get you, this keeps the country controlled to a degree. Every country in the world uses this tactic, the mass media makes a living out of it. Think about it! when was the last time you saw anything from the mass media that made you feel better about yourself or other nations? It started with politics but now its applied to every aspect of life.

The only way to beat them is to not let them affect you, fear has become the currency of the world......

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

people say, "The American government would never kill its own people."

why

It is the nature of some people, and most animals, to perceive "the group" as self. For such an observer, "the american government" is part of self, and so are "the people." It would make no more sense for the american government to decide on its own to kill the people than it would for your left hand to decide on its own to strangle you.

Second density thinking.

Unfortunately for these people, "the government" might not share their views.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yea.. but do the Chinese government let its people know that it kills their countryfolk?

Propaganda is also the way the US would cover it up I would imagine..

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

It just blows my mind that people think this way. If hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and Afghans can be killed, why not Americans? People are people, the government has no loyalty to the people

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I have to believe that some Chinese people know. What I have noticed is that they are becoming more Westernized, fashion, nightclubs, capitalism, etc. I wonder if the Chinese government is allowing these things to placate the people. It works here; as long as people have thier ipod and xbox, they are happy.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

If hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and Afghans
can be killed, why not Americans?

Ask of a wolf: "If the wolf pack kills hundreds of deer, why should you not expect the wolf pack to kill you too?"

People are people, the government has no loyalty to the people

That is your perspective. It is not the perspective of the people we're discussing. These people do not perceive themselves as individuals. They perceive themselves as "America." The American government is just as much "America" as they are. Why would the self destroy the self?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think with respect to Americans and the US government, it is unfathomable.

To understand this, first you have to understand that the idea of what America is, represents life, freedom, doing the right thing, everything opposite of oppression and tyranny. This is why they have so many who can support everything simply because it is American.

Because if you stop and can accept that America as a nation is or can do what it is fundamentally opposed to, then either the government has essentially been taken over, society within America has given away its morality and control, or both.

The later is a greater shock; one that many individuals would not know how to deal with personally or nationally.

It took a lot of slow contemplation over time for me to realize that despite the greatness of America, its intent and what it does, there can and is corruption within and needs to be checked and challenged or else we will wake up to a situation that is hopeless. It may be too late.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Other countries are not more evil, neither are other people.

It is a warmongering thing for wealth and power.

It makes no sense, because they are ruining the planet anyway.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Your wolf statement just blew my mind

new topics

top topics

join