It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Fingerprint On Creation Found!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

Originally posted by Americanist

Originally posted by Maslo
I do not see how this interesting long-known fact points to a creator at all.

It can be easily explained as an efficient structure steming from some underlying mathematical and physical laws. You do not need creator to explain roundness of Earth, eliptical orbits, parabolic trajectories or crystal structures. Why should this structure be any different?

A system of 'code' denotes higher intelligence. Much like we program machines using binary... Our Universe was programmed with 1,2,4,8,7,5.

Best post that I have read in a while.

A pattern, if found in nature, and rational, points to some intelligent force behind it; no matter what, or who, that intelligence is.

From a personal perspective, the physical matrix that we call home, is but a reflection of our collective imagination and intelligence.

I also believe that, that intelligence was/is endowed in all living things, in all aspects of creation. For anyone who has ever studied the pineal gland, dimethyltryptamine, and Rick Strassman's research...you may understand better what I am saying.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by dalan.]

I respectfully disagree. What about the universe before intelligent life? Think of the billions of years that went by before earth even had a single cell. It is the human mind that creates these patterns.

I look out in the world and I see red, yellow, blue etc. This is just visible light. There are animals that don't see visible light. There are animals that see ultraviolet rays and infrared, even the earth magnetic field. We may find a math formula that makes, and is rational, but I do not think it comes close to explaining the whole story.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

I do not see how this interesting long-known fact points to a creator at all.

It can be easily explained as an efficient structure steming from some underlying mathematical and physical laws. You do not need creator to explain roundness of Earth, eliptical orbits, parabolic trajectories or crystal structures. Why should this structure be any different?

A system of 'code' denotes higher intelligence. Much like we program machines using binary... Our Universe was programmed with 1,2,4,8,7,5.

Best post that I have read in a while.

A pattern, if found in nature, and rational, points to some intelligent force behind it; no matter what, or who, that intelligence is.

From a personal perspective, the physical matrix that we call home, is but a reflection of our collective imagination and intelligence.

I also believe that, that intelligence was/is endowed in all living things, in all aspects of creation. For anyone who has ever studied the pineal gland, dimethyltryptamine, and Rick Strassman's research...you may understand better what I am saying.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by dalan.]

There can always be random appearances of order in chaos. After so much chaos there is bound to be some random order.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

There can always be random appearances of order in chaos. After so much chaos there is bound to be some random order.

THANK YOU! I wanted to say something like that but didn't know how...

Also are we forgetting the late great Aldous Huxley, who said in the Door of Perception that the brain is essentially a reducer valve for reality, and that it only filters information that is useful to the body at the time?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Nice thread.

Here is another bit of divine evidence.

The Ark of the Covenant is a Golden Rectangle. In Exodus 25:10, God commands Moses to build the Ark of the Covenant, in which to hold His Covenant with the Israelites, the Ten Commandments, saying,"Have them make a chest of acacia wood -- two and a half cubits long, a cubit and a half wide, and a cubit and a half high." The ratio of 2.5 to 1.5 is 1.666..., which is as close to phi (1.618 ...) as you can come with such simple numbers and is certainly not visibly different to the eye. The Ark of the Covenant is thus constructed using the Golden Section, or Divine Proportion. This ratio is also the same as 5 to 3, numbers from the Fibonacci series.

Noah's Ark uses a Golden Rectangle. In Genesis 6:15, God commands Noah to build an ark saying,"And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits."Thus the end of the ark, at 50 by 30 cubits, is also in the ratio of 5 to 3, or 1.666..., again a close approximation of phi not visibly different to the naked eye. Noah's ark was built in the same proportion as ten arks of the covenant placed side by side.

Exodus 27:1-2 mentions the dimensions of the altar -- constructed according to phi: "Build an altar of acacia wood, three cubits high; it is to be square, five cubits long and five cubits wide."

Furthermore, the location of Jerusalem is 31 degrees 45 minutes north of the equator. God said Jerusalem is "the city which I have chosen to put my name there" (1 Kings 11:36). Why did God select this location? First build a rectangular building in Jerusalem with sides that exhibit the golden rectangle ratio. The longer two sides (1.618) must run from east to west... (more)
british-israel.us

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Good video.

But God's fingerprint? Hmm.

Another key for another door prehaps.

Why do humans always think they have any hope of figuring out anything to do with a creator. Such ego's.

(What really, really , really melts my head is the whole God is dog spelt backwards. Can anyone please explain why this is? Please! )

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

This would be true, except for one thing. Nature is NOT limited by these numbers. nature simply accepts them. There is no energy gain, or benefit from the form based on those numbers. It simply is.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

Nice thread.

The Ark of the Covenant is a Golden Rectangle. In Exodus 25:10, God commands Moses to build the Ark of the Covenant, in which to hold His Covenant with the Israelites, the Ten Commandments, saying,"Have them make a chest of acacia wood -- two and a half cubits long, a cubit and a half wide, and a cubit and a half high." The ratio of 2.5 to 1.5 is 1.666..., which is as close to phi (1.618 ...) as you can come with such simple numbers and is certainly not visibly different to the eye. The Ark of the Covenant is thus constructed using the Golden Section, or Divine Proportion. This ratio is also the same as 5 to 3, numbers from the Fibonacci series.

Noah's Ark uses a Golden Rectangle. In Genesis 6:15, God commands Noah to build an ark saying,"And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits."Thus the end of the ark, at 50 by 30 cubits, is also in the ratio of 5 to 3, or 1.666..., again a close approximation of phi not visibly different to the naked eye. Noah's ark was built in the same proportion as ten arks of the covenant placed side by side.

Exodus 27:1-2 mentions the dimensions of the altar -- constructed according to phi: "Build an altar of acacia wood, three cubits high; it is to be square, five cubits long and five cubits wide."

Furthermore, the location of Jerusalem is 31 degrees 45 minutes north of the equator. God said Jerusalem is "the city which I have chosen to put my name there" (1 Kings 11:36). Why did God select this location? First build a rectangular building in Jerusalem with sides that exhibit the golden rectangle ratio. The longer two sides (1.618) must run from east to west... (more)
british-israel.us

How can you trust a book that is thousands of years old? Religion is such a powerful tool. With that amount of time, and religion being useful to those that need it, don't you think someone, somewhere would modify it to fit THEIR beliefs?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

So you can't see him unless you have a hallucination... then how do you prove he is there?

That someone is hallucinating when they have a NDE, is simply an assumption, with no scientific backing whatsoever. The only only argument that someone has to refute an experience is purely based on logical fallacies. To say that, because you personally have no experience with NDE's and that the whole thing is an hallucination...and therefor fake; is, by every account, the same logic our ancestors used when they looked to the horizon and decided that the Earth must be flat, because that is what was observed.

There is no proof whatsoever that "hallucinations"=fantasy.

Only speculation.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I will also have to disagree with this contention. The argument rests on the presumption that anything that appears to be created certainly was. Rational patterns are found throughout nature and are simply the laws of physics, not fingerprints of intelligent creators.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Correlation is not causation... enough said .

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

They usually got killed off by the vast rest of the people who have the original design.

That book is not thousands of years old. It has always been kept by a group of gents who, btw, often had diverse opinions and hated each other at times. There's plenty of reason why the Bible would not change. Once you changed it, the rest of the oligarchy went to go kill you.

link   
[

[edit on 16-5-2010 by dragonsmusic]

link   
[edit on 16-5-2010 by dragonsmusic]

link   

reply to post by Phlynx

So you can't see him unless you have a hallucination... then how do you prove he is there?

That someone is hallucinating when they have a NDE, is simply an assumption, with no scientific backing whatsoever. The only only argument that someone has to refute an experience is purely based on logical fallacies. To say that, because you personally have no experience with NDE's and that the whole thing is an hallucination...and therefor fake; is, by every account, the same logic our ancestors used when they looked to the horizon and decided that the Earth must be flat, because that is what was observed.

There is no proof whatsoever that "hallucinations"=fantasy.

Only speculation.

In the 1990s, Dr. Rick Strassman conducted research on the psychedelic drug Dimethyltryptamine ('___') at the University of New Mexico.Strassman advanced the theory that a massive release of '___' from the pineal gland prior to death or near-death was the cause of the near-death experience phenomenon. Only two of his test subjects reported NDE-like aural or visual hallucinations, although many reported feeling as though they had entered a state similar to the classical NDE. His explanation for this was the possible lack of panic involved in the clinical setting and possible dosage differences between those administered and those encountered in actual NDE cases. All subjects in the study were also very experienced users of '___' and/or other psychedelic/entheogenic agents. Some speculators consider that if subjects without prior knowledge on the effects of '___' had been used during the experiment, it is possible more volunteers would have reported feeling as though they had experienced an NDE.

en.wikipedia.org... NDE are a highly complex coping strategy. My assumption is that it helps you get away from the pain so you don't go into a greater panic.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by dragonsmusic

I did not say anything about prime mover, in fact, I believe there was something like a prime mover, maybe intelligent, maybe nature itself.

My point was that ordered structures like this are not a proof of intelligent creator. Mathematics is an universal language of the universe, and ordered complex structures are common in math, with no outside intelligence needed to "create" them.

Appearance of complex ordered structures (such as life) could be considered a hint towards an intelligent prime mover setting physical laws in the beginning. On the other hand, this could be explained without an intelligent prime mover by anthropic principle.

en.wikipedia.org...

An organized structure is not proof of an intelligent source behind it?

OK, here's an example to demonstrate my point, can you read the following text? :

aglhgfoiheovuiefhilsfdhlafharehdvkjbvfnrel

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

They usually got killed off by the vast rest of the people who have the original design.

That book is not thousands of years old. It has always been kept by a group of gents who, btw, often had diverse opinions and hated each other at times. There's plenty of reason why the Bible would not change. Once you changed it, the rest of the oligarchy went to go kill you.

That may be true at times, but think of the different versions of the Bible out there, and all the stories in the original Bible that are not in those, especially the one where Judas is NOT portrayed as a traitor, but as someone exercising God's will?

My point is that if someone believes in God, they are going to see God anywhere, in this case, in the Fibonacci Sequence. For all we know, that little diddy about the sequence in the Bible could have been added in once the sequence was discovered, simply to further their views.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

reply to post by dragonsmusic

I did not say anything about prime mover, in fact, I believe there was something like a prime mover, maybe intelligent, maybe nature itself.

My point was that ordered structures like this are not a proof of intelligent creator. Mathematics is an universal language of the universe, and ordered complex structures are common in math, with no outside intelligence needed to "create" them.

Appearance of complex ordered structures (such as life) could be considered a hint towards an intelligent prime mover setting physical laws in the beginning. On the other hand, this could be explained without an intelligent prime mover by anthropic principle.

en.wikipedia.org...

OK, here's an example to demonstrate my point, can you read the following text? :

aglhgfoiheovuiefhilsfdhlafharehdvkjbvfnrel

That isn't a valid point. You are using an intelligently created set of characters to use as an example for something random. I'm sure after so long you would come up with some random words by bashing the keyboard. With chaos comes order.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

The solar system, for example, is an organized structure. It does not imply or rely on a creator or designer for its structure or organization.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

Nice thread.

british-israel.us

How can you trust a book that is thousands of years old? Religion is such a powerful tool. With that amount of time, and religion being useful to those that need it, don't you think someone, somewhere would modify it to fit THEIR beliefs?

Please open your mind and read the info in the links.

Prophecy for one...
100prophecies

Science ahead of its time...
rationalwiki

Plus many pearls I can't feed to the pigs.

Peace

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join